9.98@138.80mph--stock bottom end 346 n/a

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008 | 12:52 PM
On The Tree

IDK the numbers just don't add up at all. It is just a freggin 500 rwhp car. And with the trick flow heads (215's!!) down on tq. Its just not possible. But you know what your car is a freggin fast car, it is. Mabe a freak of nature and a 100mph tail wind pushed you to that high trap speed idk. Everyone is just questioning how? Freggin A... if you did it with a 346 then you should be humble because we are thinking your bsing us when you really did it. We will just never know for sure!!!
Old 10-30-2008 | 12:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
I have absolutely no dog in this hunt, other than trying to get a good understanding on what it takes to run 9's. Rob, I will say you come across a bit "shady". why are you refusing to answer the 4 basic questions??

As for your list, I'd say it's more like this:

1) My car ran a 9 second pass--yes
2) My car is a 346--yes
3) My car is n/a--in question
4) That's my car in the video--yes
5) The timeslip matches the video--yes
6) My car weighs beteen 2700-3280lbs--that's a VERY fair assesment
7) My car is driven to and from the track--Maybe it was on that night, but not always
8) My car was driven to the track over an hour each way for that 9 second pass.--Sure
9) My car ran the 9 on a street night, not a rental.--yes
10) My car ran the 9 on small drag radials that some people think suck--ok....
11) I have backed up the pass--when did you back it up? I only saw one 9sec pass?
12) My car has been running low 10's all year even in the summer(90 degrees)--yes
13) My car has run a 10.2x in average air on a pro tree in heads up competition.--ok
14) My car has trapped over 138 mph on 2 occasions.--ok
15) My car dynoed around 457rwhp 382rwtq correct on a MUSTANG dyno.
16) My car is fast.--absolutely

I think you are missing everyone's point. Don't be so defensive. No one is questioning the car is a 9 second car. The question is are you spraying the car to the 9's??
I ran a 10.003@138+ also, I'm assuming that's backing it up?
I'm not defensive, I'm actually happy with the above and can live with it.
You made me happy with your responses.

Last edited by robz*; 10-30-2008 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10-30-2008 | 12:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

These guys get told great job for this: 9.82 @ 134 MPH Stock Short-Block. But a lot of people are bashing the OP for his time. They both provided video proof and timeslips. I don't get it. I'm not trying to start **** just wondering what the difference is.
Old 10-30-2008 | 12:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ndfrsd6
were not disagreeing the car is fast your missing the point but be honest your car weighs between 2700-3280 big diff. also how hard you accelerate from the 1/8 to the finish just doesnt add up ... i weigh 3000 lbs and and trap close to 130 and my 1/8 is 103 ish ... and i shift just as fast i also have a faceplated trans .. i don't have the slipper clutch though
Understood.
Your leavin alot on the table, IMO.
Don't believe everything you hear either.
Old 10-30-2008 | 01:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by robz*
Understood.
Your leavin alot on the table, IMO.
Don't believe everything you hear either.
do tell
Old 10-30-2008 | 01:05 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
These guys get told great job for this: 9.82 @ 134 MPH Stock Short-Block. But a lot of people are bashing the OP for his time. They both provided video proof and timeslips. I don't get it. I'm not trying to start **** just wondering what the difference is.
Big difference is that Texas Speed admited to their car being 2800lbs... and answered EVERY question, not just ones they thought were okay to answer.
Old 10-30-2008 | 01:06 PM
10 Second Club

2800 lbs with driver big diff than 3200
Old 10-30-2008 | 01:07 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
Do you have a reading disability?
Well I cant spell because I draw all day...

He can't read because he drills....... all day...
Old 10-30-2008 | 01:09 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

The part that makes this one harder to comprehend, is that our car weighed in at 2850lbs for those ET's and MPH's. We also dyno'd higher than his 457rwhp, with our automatic tranny and big convertor.

I'm not doubting the times...but the numbers/specs (138mph@3280lbs NA) just aren't adding up. Race weight and power are the two big variables, and there is a fairly well known relation between them and MPH. Racers know the relationship well, and we've known for years what power and raceweight runs what MPH....this car seemingly breaks that "rule" if you will.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 10-30-2008 | 01:15 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by Geneus
Defensive? And why not...it seems the "shop" dogs came into this thread on the offfensive to try raise suspicions about Rob's integrity. And by asking that question you are doing the same. I would respond...ante up the $5000 and you can find out.
this has nothing to do with a shop... When Texas Speed posted their times, they were up front, and I could not be happier for them. When Six Speeds Inc posted their times, they were honest, and I was happy for them as well.

Rob has lied in the past, to me, to his former shop. His integrity was comprimised a long time ago in my eyes.

This is about honesty, not shop wars.

If you want to bring shop wars into it... We can compare them. And it will be very one sided. But the shop(s) have nothing to do with it.

You know, what I find fascinating is if he (Rob) had done this under the auspices of his former shop you'd see all the "dog's" in here defending him and saying it was the "magical" tuning ...blah...blah...blah... as the reason for his success...but it's not his "old" shop but rather his new association and set-up which has gotten him here and man oh man, that isn't sitting well with the "fan-boi's" and the darts been flying non-stop.
LOL... dude, clearly you dont know what you are talking about. I was told I have a 400+ cube motor when I ran 10.3's My friends defended me, same as you are defending Rob. But the diference I answered every question and did not ignore any.
Old 10-30-2008 | 01:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
Big difference is that Texas Speed admited to their car being 2800lbs... and answered EVERY question, not just ones they thought were okay to answer.
Originally Posted by ndfrsd6
2800 lbs with driver big diff than 3200
I know that 2800 lbs is a far cry from 3200 lbs. But is it really worth picking the guy apart because he said it was between those weights? Sounds to me like he just doesn't know exactly what it weighs. Big deal. He got the timeslip and has video. Its pretty stupid to bash the guy for running a number, with proof, because he doesn't know what his car weighs. Just my $0.02.
Old 10-30-2008 | 01:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
We also dyno'd higher
Were you on a Mustang Dyno when you got your results? If not...apples to oranges, as it is a pretty well know fact that it (Mustang Dyno) is significantly different in it's generation of results than the more popular (and perhaps more liberal) DynoJet.
Old 10-30-2008 | 01:26 PM
CARTEK Racing

I know that 2800 lbs is a far cry from 3200 lbs. But is it really worth picking the guy apart because he said it was between those weights? Sounds to me like he just doesn't know exactly what it weighs. Big deal. He got the timeslip and has video. Its pretty stupid to bash the guy for running a number, with proof, because he doesn't know what his car weighs. Just my $0.02.
The problem here is with lieing in general. For some reason, some believe that Rob chopped down a cherry tree some time back.

When we were still friends, Rob never showed to me his impecable integrity. Sure he was a truthfull guy, but he would withold information at times from others who were not in the know. That is not lieing, but its not telling the truth.

Also, if another person on here sees his times and says "hey, I have a heavy *** Z06, let me get this setup and Ill run 9's as well!" Its missleading, and just bad Karma in general.
Old 10-30-2008 | 01:31 PM
On The Tree

Rob has lied in the past, to me, to his former shop. His integrity was comprimised a long time ago in my eyes..
Let's hear it...spill the beans...if you dare. Otherwise, pure rhetoric.

LOL... dude, clearly you dont know what you are talking about. I was told I have a 400+ cube motor when I ran 10.3's My friends defended me, same as you are defending Rob. But the diference I answered every question and did not ignore any.
Really...and who might those "friends" be who defended you. Incredible, as this is precisely what I said...go back to drawing, as reading (and writing...but I knew that already) is apparently not a strong suit either.
Old 10-30-2008 | 01:35 PM
On The Tree

For some reason Rob stopped drinking the koolaid some time back.
Fixed...with the truth.

Reason...he was tired of all the BS and lying (and that is how you spell lying).
Old 10-30-2008 | 01:36 PM
CARTEK Racing

Let's hear it...spill the beans...if you dare. Otherwise, pure rhetoric.
Lied about what clutch he was using
Lied tof ormer shop about who else was working on his car
Lied about not running the accesory belt on CF

Im trying to think of more.

Really...and who might those "friends" be who defended you. Incredible, as this is precisely what I said...go back to drawing, as reading (and writing...but I knew that already) is apparently not a strong suit either.

Like I said, the difference was that I answered all the detractors myself. My friends were in there to back up my claim with facts, not answer my questions for me.

Stop nut swinging and let you boy answer. sheeeesh!
Old 10-30-2008 | 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

That Texas Speed car picked up ~25mph on the back half. Thats right inline with the power, weight, and timeslip breakdown. Granted robz* has a manual trans and they typically do a little better, but picking up 33mph is impossible on a N/A 346, even at 2800lbs.
Old 10-30-2008 | 01:44 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Were you on a Mustang Dyno when you got your results? If not...apples to oranges, as it is a pretty well know fact that it (Mustang Dyno) is significantly different in it's generation of results than the more popular (and perhaps more liberal) DynoJet.
The post wasn't about dyno results....I was simply saying we weighed less, and even through our drivetrain was heavier and should have more losses, we still dyno'd higher (AKA: making more power), and that's where the difficulty understanding his times came in.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 10-30-2008 | 01:58 PM
On The Tree

The post wasn't about dyno results....I was simply saying we weighed less, and even through our drivetrain was heavier and should have more losses, we still dyno'd higher (AKA: making more power), and that's where the difficulty understanding his times came in.

Okay...thanks for the clarity. I misunderstood your initial response.
Old 10-30-2008 | 01:59 PM
TECH Regular

The part that makes this one harder to comprehend, is that our car weighed in at 2850lbs for those ET's and MPH's. We also dyno'd higher than his 457rwhp, with our automatic tranny and big convertor.
Race weight and power are the two big variables, and there is a fairly well known relation between them and MPH.
Don't forget power under the curve, DA, and 60ft. time, as major contributing factors to mph.

If I was to cut a 1.27 I bet my mph would be a bit lower, yet so would my et.

Or if you happen to spin off the line and cut a 1.50 your mph will be higher.
Plus I'm a six speed vs. your auto.

Quick Reply: 9.98@138.80mph--stock bottom end 346 n/a