9.98@138.80mph--stock bottom end 346 n/a

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 02:21 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I understand all of that, Rob. Just trying to explain, to those not as familiar with racing, why some are questioning the slips.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 10-30-2008, 02:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

sounds like you have some strange little bottles under the headlights? thsts got some goooood top end. lol
Old 10-30-2008, 02:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
I understand all of that, Rob. Just trying to explain, to those not as familiar with racing, why some are questioning the slips.
I gotya, I know you understand this. Some others might not.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:59 PM
Banned

Not sure why dynos are even being brought up. I remember Pat's 500rwhp thread. Over 500rw on a dynojet, then under the same conditions on a known stingy Mustang Dyno, barely broke 450rw.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
That Texas Speed car picked up ~25mph on the back half. Thats right inline with the power, weight, and timeslip breakdown. Granted robz* has a manual trans and they typically do a little better, but picking up 33mph is impossible on a N/A 346, even at 2800lbs.
Not true.
I have many timeslips that show greater than 30 mph increase from 1/8 to 1/4 mile even with my old setup which was more than a half of a second slower.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by tektrans
I agree with the notion that if you say it can't be done then prove in can't be done so I can see why you would say that.
Unfortunately for Rob and AMR in this case the record is more important to them than most of the people on here. It was initially posted on here to let people know about the accomplishment.
Probably only 2 reasons to post up the time, any time for that matter.
1-Personal/collective accomplishment recognition
2-Draw future business for shop/tuner etc.

I don't think either of those 2 goals were met here because of the doubt in the members minds and the questions they feel haven't been answered.
Of course Rob doesn't have to prove anything if he doesn't want to, I'd be upset if people started saying this stuff about my set up.
Mark (tektrans) is a friend of mine and I disagree with him slightly here.
I had no goals for posting. My goal has been met by running the pass.
I'm happy I was able to run the car to most of it's potential. I haven't even taken advantage of the trans yet.(Other than the fact that its held up to all the major abuse I have thrown at it.) I do believe the car has a chance at a 9.8x. I though it would be cool to post how a 346 vette could run a nine.

Mark was also at the track with me about a month ago on a street night when my car ran 10.17 and 10.18 and we were talking right against my car.

Again, doesn't everyone know not to believe everything you hear/ read especially from unreliable sources?

I'm satisfied knowing that most people can agree that:

1) My car ran a 9 second pass
2) My car is a 346
3) My car is n/a
4) That's my car in the video
5) The timeslip matches the video
6) My car weighs between 2700-3280lbs
7) My car is driven to and from the track
8) My car was driven to the track over an hour each way for that 9 second pass.
9) My car ran the 9 on a street night, not a rental.
10) My car ran the 9 on small drag radials that some people think suck.
11) I have backed up the pass.
12) My car has been running low 10's all year even in the summer(90 degrees)
13) My car has run a 10.2x in average air on a pro tree in heads up competition.
14) My car has trapped over 138 mph on 2 occasions.
15) My car dynoed approx. 457rwhp 382rwtq on a MUSTANG dyno.
17) My car's weight is similar to the weight it has been for years even with my old setup
18) My car is fast.lol

I can live with that as my resume'.

Last edited by robz*; 10-30-2008 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrat's on the pass...
Old 10-30-2008, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by robz*
Mark (tektrans) is a friend of mine and I disagree with him slightly here.
Okay...I think I do remember meeting him that night at E'town and since he was there then he should have remembered that you had your hood wide open...more than once that night, and that you didn't come on a trailer to the track.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:30 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Geneus
Okay...I think I do remember meeting him that night at E'town and since he was there then he should have remembered that you had your hood wide open...more than once that night, and that you didn't come on a trailer to the track.
Like I said, I don't remember the hood being open and like I said I wasn't with Rob's car for the whole night either so it may well have been open, there is no reason for me to have noticed it since I really don't give a sh*t who's hood is open at the track anyway.
I know MY hood was closed the whole time because it's a PITA pin on hehe.

Don, gates open at 5pm on wed and fri nites, I'm at the gates at 3:45 because I hate to wait on line at tech so I get there early. Unless you're there early and I get to talk to you before the gates open I'm not gonna see you. I have no idea how Rob's car got to the track that day, maybe he drove it maybe he trailored it. To me, if he says he drove it, then he drove it.
I didn't see him leave either. He's got a black vette anyway, they all look alike. Coulda drove out right next to me for all I know, on 4 wheels or on a trailor, I have no idea.

Last edited by tektrans; 10-30-2008 at 04:33 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 10-30-2008, 04:41 PM
TECH Regular

Like I said, I don't remember the hood being open and like I said I wasn't with Rob's car for the whole night either so it may well have been open, there is no reason for me to have noticed it since I really don't give a sh*t who's hood is open at the track anyway.

Don, gates open at 5pm on wed and fri nites, I'm at the gates at 3:45 because I hate to wait on line at tech so I get there early. Unless you're there early and I get to talk to you before the gates open I'm not gonna see you. I have no idea how Rob's car got to the track that day, maybe he drove it maybe he trailored it. To me, if he says he drove it, then he drove it.
I didn't see him leave either. He's got a black vette anyway, they all look alike. Coulda drove out right next to me for all I know, on 4 wheels or on a trailor, I have no idea.
I hear ya Mark, i could care less about snoopin around someones car too. Unlike some people that stalk my car and know everything about it. Some sort of wierd obsession. I even forget stuff about my own car that people remind me of, yet I never see them in person. They should focus on making their own cars faster.

I think enough has been said.

I'll be sure to post again if I go faster.
From one n/a brutha to another.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:50 PM
On The Tree

Mark...no problem. I can understand you might have been focused elsewhere that night. I can tell you that right after Rob ran his last time shot (the 10.17) I met up with him and Joe at the air pump shack as they were both airing up their tires to head back home...and there were no trailers for either of their cars....of course, I'm a nut swinger, so why should anyone believe me?
Old 10-30-2008, 05:01 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by robz*
Don't forget power under the curve, DA, and 60ft. time, as major contributing factors to mph.

If I was to cut a 1.27 I bet my mph would be a bit lower, yet so would my et.

Or if you happen to spin off the line and cut a 1.50 your mph will be higher.
Plus I'm a six speed vs. your auto.

Rob I have to disagree on one point. You claimed that if you 60fted better then the MPH would show it. Thats wrong. HP showes in the MPH. 60ft would show in your ET. Otherwise internet racing has never been my sport. Show up at a race and WIN thats my game.

225-343-9029
Old 10-30-2008, 05:07 PM
9 Second Club

haha, since I really don't know sh*t about this 6 speed stuff, I have a question.
I'm going to use my car and Ashleys car as an example because we run similar times, both weigh about the same and both have non loc up transmissions. Only difference is she has a tighter converter right now (and she's a bit faster)
My 1/8 mile mph 111.5 1/4 mile mph 138.8 diff 27.2 60' 1.30
Ash 1/8 mile mph 114.4 1/4 mile mph 143.3 diff 28.9 60' 1.39
If we both had stick shifts, as opposed to non lock up 3 speeds, what would you guys say would be our 1/8-1/4 mile mph's?
Huge difference in 60' here so I'm curious as to what the #'s will be.
We both have bigger cube motors which obviously make more power than a h/c car and our mph diff from 1/8-1/4 at least for one of us is almost 29mph. That's on a non lock up trans though. If we could lock them up or it was a stick shift what kind of difference would we see and is there ANY ******* WAY we could compre this to Rob's pass?
Probably not, hehe WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!-I give up.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:35 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MADMAN
Rob I have to disagree on one point. You claimed that if you 60fted better then the MPH would show it. Thats wrong. HP showes in the MPH. 60ft would show in your ET. Otherwise internet racing has never been my sport. Show up at a race and WIN thats my game.
You would know better then me so I'll take your word for it.
I do know that at times when i cook the launch and my 60 is poor it often shows a higher than usual mph than other runs on the same day.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:29 PM
9 Second Club

Wow all this 5K dollar tearin the motor down stuff. Nobody seems to disagree it's a 346 it the N/A part in question. Why dont you just shut all the naysayers up and show up at the track weigh the car let them look it over and make a 139mph pass. I'll tell you what after all this i'd sure as **** do it and then come back here making ALOT of people look mighty dumb. I'm sure There are enough guys here to even toss in a couple bucks to see this happen and pay for gas etc. Me personally not that it means all that much here but i'm having a hard time digesting 33mph on the backhalf with an "N/A" 346 (NOTICE I DONT DISAGREE ON THE 346).
Old 10-30-2008, 07:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

haha yeah I hear that, why not just go back and prove everyone wrong to shut them up?? I mean the worst thing that is going to happen is you get a night of racing and probably some money off of people. Anyway great job, I might have to make some trips to Atco because it sounds like some BA cars run there a lot.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:00 PM
9 Second Club

Nice car

what made it pop toward the other end of the track?
Old 10-30-2008, 11:59 PM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

Nice pass!

I need some of that fast air.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok so either something is strange or I am going to drive my C5 off a cliff. My nitrous H/C C5 with 520 RWHP and 565 RWTQ thru a stall and an A4 would have a hard time breaking 130 mph. (126 mph with stock tranny before..BOOM!). And it would take an almost miracle even with a drag pack, lighter weight hell even swapping in your trans and clutch and gears to pick up another 8 mph. TRAP SPEED IS POWER so you didn't gain another 4 mph without having more power...(most likely). SO I can understand why everyone is curious.

SO tell me is it a wet or dry kit?
Old 10-31-2008, 12:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JFM-jr
Wow all this 5K dollar tearin the motor down stuff. Nobody seems to disagree it's a 346 it the N/A part in question. Why dont you just shut all the naysayers up and show up at the track weigh the car let them look it over and make a 139mph pass. I'll tell you what after all this i'd sure as **** do it and then come back here making ALOT of people look mighty dumb. I'm sure There are enough guys here to even toss in a couple bucks to see this happen and pay for gas etc. Me personally not that it means all that much here but i'm having a hard time digesting 33mph on the backhalf with an "N/A" 346 (NOTICE I DONT DISAGREE ON THE 346).
****** a doggie. Rob...I want you to make me look like an idiot. I want to know that you actually did what you're saying you did...it would be a great accomplishment...and congrats if it actually happened. But I'm not f'n buying it. The **** doesn't add up. You want credability for a "record???" Have an official there to weigh/inspect the car other than your friends so you can attain that record. Until that happens...I call bullshit. But like I said...prove me wrong.

Quick Reply: 9.98@138.80mph--stock bottom end 346 n/a