New PB with LS6 intake

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 03:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oops never mind just saw it in your sig ...how do you like them?
Old 04-22-2009, 03:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DadsZ28
Ohhhh sorry, you're like me then......wow your car is impressive! Looks like I need a little more converter to catch ya. Not too many of us in the 11 sec. don't have headers, thought I was the only one, curious to your reason for not having them. And to the op they look like bbks,are they?
I wanted to wait til I got the stall and I haven't bought anything since, except for a pulley. It's either gonna be headers or shocks next, haven't decided.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:05 PM
11 Second Club

How do you like your pt4000? Magnaflow sound good with stock exhaust?
Old 04-22-2009, 06:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not being able to get the car into gear will eat up precious tenths
Old 04-22-2009, 06:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

How do you like your pt4000? Magnaflow sound good with stock exhaust?
I like how much quicker it is with the PT4000. The Magnaflow sounds like stock at idle. I've never heard it outside the car, otherwise. Click on my sig pic for a video of it at the track.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oops never mind just saw it in your sig ...how do you like them?
I actually love these BBKs. They fit real nice, went in without any problems. I like the ORY setup with the ball flanges, easy to install & remove. If you look at one of my undercar pics, you can see the merger is well made too, not patched together like pacesetters Y is. When I bought my car, I was gonna go with pacesetter, but I couldnt find a good Y for them. If emmisions are an issue, they only come in race headers. I got so much more room underhood though after removing the emmisions junk I paid $500 last year, Y pipe included, free shipping. I was on Jegs.com a few days ago & they had them for $369 There are only a few of us on here that have the BBKs, but so far everyone has been happy with them. The only thing I had to do is after installing everything, I had to take it to a muffler shop to have them weld on a 1 ft section of pipe to the catback because the Y outlet was about the same size as the stock exhaust pipe. Not a big deal though.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 98TADRIVER
not being able to get the car into gear will eat up precious tenths
when you going to run the SI car with some mt drag radials or slicks and bump me down the SI list...that mph is
Old 04-22-2009, 09:10 PM
11 Second Club

I did,looks good thanx. If i'm not mistaken i have a nephew that lives down there and has run his ricer(ha ha) at that track, i'll have to ask him if he has seen your car as i have introduced him to our ls1's when he comes up to visit taking him to atco to watch me run.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:18 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by flintwrench69
I actually love these BBKs. They fit real nice, went in without any problems. I like the ORY setup with the ball flanges, easy to install & remove. If you look at one of my undercar pics, you can see the merger is well made too, not patched together like pacesetters Y is. When I bought my car, I was gonna go with pacesetter, but I couldnt find a good Y for them. If emmisions are an issue, they only come in race headers. I got so much more room underhood though after removing the emmisions junk I paid $500 last year, Y pipe included, free shipping. I was on Jegs.com a few days ago & they had them for $369 There are only a few of us on here that have the BBKs, but so far everyone has been happy with them. The only thing I had to do is after installing everything, I had to take it to a muffler shop to have them weld on a 1 ft section of pipe to the catback because the Y outlet was about the same size as the stock exhaust pipe. Not a big deal though.
Thanx they look great, I remember soultk talking about them last year. If I do headers it might just be them!
Originally Posted by chrs1313
when you going to run the SI car with some mt drag radials or slicks and bump me down the SI list...that mph is
Chris, if he keeps playing around with those street tires I'm gonna catch him when i do my headers......he's got 11.60s in that thing easy when he puts those drag radials on.....ha ha sorry Ron!!
Old 04-25-2009, 10:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flintwrench69
I thought that statement about picking up 22-24 mph on the back half was kinda funny. I remember someone posting up they ran a 12.55 @ 114 with an M6 LTs only car last year, a few debated the car being able to pick up I wanna say it was 27 mph in the back half.
i really wasn't trying to be funny, just stating that there appears to be a little more had in the 2nd 1/8 mile. and i do recall that thread, i think i was the first to notice the 27mph pick up hah.

Quick Reply: New PB with LS6 intake