Polluter Track Times???

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 01:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BennyB
damn nice!
yea and he left out that it went 132mph on that run...
Old 05-28-2010, 11:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

where did the haters go?
Old 05-29-2010, 12:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by billyflantos
where did the haters go?
We're waiting on some results that aren't in a gutted mustang. And guess what, there ******* aren't any. Feel free to try a different cam and prove me wrong. I still say the cam is ****. 2 gutted cars running good numbers don't make it a good cam.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

it still weighs 2790 lbs...and guess what..instead of everybody else trying to prove something to satisfy you,how about you do something interesting except for being a keyboard hero and talking junk about everybodys stuff...i went mid 10's at 3200 lbs in a car shaped like a brick in the heat of the summer also,but i geuss that does'nt count either....the polluter makes power,period,end of story,get over it....now build a car like mine with your favorite chris1313 cam and prove me wrong....
Old 05-30-2010, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

oh man sounds like fighting words
Old 05-30-2010, 02:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it still weighs 2790 lbs...and guess what..instead of everybody else trying to prove something to satisfy you,how about you do something interesting except for being a keyboard hero and talking junk about everybodys stuff...i went mid 10's at 3200 lbs in a car shaped like a brick in the heat of the summer also,but i geuss that does'nt count either....the polluter makes power,period,end of story,get over it....now build a car like mine with your favorite chris1313 cam and prove me wrong....
I agree with ^ the polluter makes great power.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:59 PM
TECH Junkie

What you don't get, you ******* retard, is that you have 364 cubic inches with 799 heads. That alone is worth 30+ rwhp over a 346 with stock LS1 heads. I know you don't like me to tell you about your car, but you obviously don't get it.

The polluter is just another cam, nothing special, but probably too big for most to really get anything out of. Like I said, if it's so goddamn good why isn't anyone else running anything with it?

Originally Posted by 01SS99red
I agree with ^ the polluter makes great power.
Who the **** are you? Do you have a polluter cam? If so, what does it run? Sure it makes great power on a dyno. Don't do anything special at the track, though, at least nothing I've seen.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you must be a small uneventful person to have to cuss and call people names to get some attention...but its like this,yes my motor is 364ci(farm truck motor)and the only reason i put 799 heads on my motor is for alittle more compression because i have the factory dished piston lq4 motor..because the factory 317's flow about the same as the 799's..so the compression was the only advantage..now i have alittle more compression than what ls1's come from the factory with...and the quote out of your own mouth is "the polluter makes good power on the dyno,but you havent seen it on the track"...but heres math 101...if you have power you have speed and vice versa...as long as you have the correct setup in your car i.e conv. and suspension etc...and when i ran my 10.02 it was in the summer heat not the middle of winter at atlantis motor speedway(below sea level conditions like some people on here)...i have a stock untouched bottom end,stock untouched cathrederal style ports and stock valves....only thing not factory in my motor is the polluter cam kit from tick....thats it!...now i invite you to build a car like mine and put whatever cam you want in it and prove me and my polluter cam wrong....like i said before"you are a keyboard hero" that has'nt done anything for me or anybody else to have to prove something to......i know what i got,and i know what i built and can prove everything ive said and done...how about you and your pals?
Old 05-31-2010, 07:33 PM
TECH Junkie

you must be a small uneventful person to have to cuss and call people names to get some attention...
You called it. Lucky you, huh?

...but its like this,yes my motor is 364ci(farm truck motor)and the only reason i put 799 heads on my motor is for alittle more compression because i have the factory dished piston lq4 motor..because the factory 317's flow about the same as the 799's..so the compression was the only advantage..now i have alittle more compression than what ls1's come from the factory with...
I know why you have the heads, but they still flow better than LS1 heads (806s,853s,241s) by 30 cfm. On a bigger cube motor with a big cam and more rpm potential it just helps that much more.

...and the quote out of your own mouth is "the polluter makes good power on the dyno,but you havent seen it on the track"...but heres math 101...if you have power you have speed and vice versa...
There are plenty of cams that make power, some much smaller. Polluter is nothing special.

...i know what i got,and i know what i built and can prove everything ive said and done...how about you and your pals?

I think you underestimate what these motors can do with the right mods in the right car and you're giving too much credit to the cam.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

its not luck,its called obvious...and why do you keep telling me how big my motor is and how much my heads flow from the factory?(why dont you say something like i have 80 more lbs on the nose of my car)because that makes up some for the ci and head flow difference...yes their are plenty of good cams out there,but he did'nt ask about them he asked about the polluter...last but not least...how fast do i need to go with this old truck motor before i understand their potential?the cam is one of the most important things for a motor to make power,thats why i call it the brain(so you have to give credit where credit is due)..hoefully this answered the mans question about the polluter,because ive been mid 10's @3200lbs in a car shaped like a brick and im going to go in the 9's with this coupe.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:20 PM
TECH Junkie

its not luck,its called obvious...and why do you keep telling me how big my motor is and how much my heads flow from the factory?(why dont you say something like i have 80 more lbs on the nose of my car)because that makes up some for the ci and head flow difference...yes their are plenty of good cams out there,but he did'nt ask about them he asked about the polluter...last but not least...how fast do i need to go with this old truck motor before i understand their potential?the cam is one of the most important things for a motor to make power,thats why i call it the brain(so you have to give credit where credit is due)..hoefully this answered the mans question about the polluter,because ive been mid 10's @3200lbs in a car shaped like a brick and im going to go in the 9's with this coupe.

Why do I bring up engine size and head flow? Because you have more of both than the guys asking these questions. Which makes a bigger cam potentially a better choice (not always). You probably also have less weight on the nose than them too, since your car is 1000lbs lighter overall than an average f-body.

I'm sure you could set the car up better to go faster with that 80 lbs on the back instead of the front, but few people that are interested in the Polluter, have anything like your cars.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

no,what im saying is why do you keep bringing it up to me...and granted my car is lighter(not a thousand pounds lighter though)than most f-body's..but people that choose this type of cam dont have full weight cars either..so im thinking around 3 or 400 pounds difference because its fairly easy to take weight out of f'bodys also.....18ci and alittle more head flow is some difference but not as much as you think....but i do think this size cam would shine better with aftermarket heads or a set of l92's though...but it still makes good power with the stock type heads also...
Old 05-31-2010, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

very good info here
Old 06-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Teching In

You've got to be kidding me guys.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RON 95ZR1
You've got to be kidding me guys.
if you took the time to read all three pages then you should know they are not kidding, they are serious...
Old 06-02-2010, 10:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm going to have to agree with JonCR96Z. You cannot look at your results and assume the same on a 346 ci LS1 with stock heads. They will be completely different. Your car is lighter, your heads flow better, more ci. Not bashing you, great results and the cam is pulling good for you.

As he said if you look at chris1313's setup he was runnin mid 10's cam only. Pull another 300 or so lbs out of his car, more ci's, and better flowin heads and he'd be in the 9's with a smaller cam. It's all in the setup. I'd personally love to see someone who has the polluter cam in an 346, f-body, etc and has results.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 00T/AWS6
I'm going to have to agree with JonCR96Z. You cannot look at your results and assume the same on a 346 ci LS1 with stock heads. They will be completely different. Your car is lighter, your heads flow better, more ci. Not bashing you, great results and the cam is pulling good for you.

As he said if you look at chris1313's setup he was runnin mid 10's cam only. Pull another 300 or so lbs out of his car, more ci's, and better flowin heads and he'd be in the 9's with a smaller cam. It's all in the setup. I'd personally love to see someone who has the polluter cam in an 346, f-body, etc and has results.
point taken,i dont know if you read the whole thread..but i had this same setup in a 85 regal with small headers and quiet exhaust on it and ran mid 10's with it at 124 in the qtr..not knocking chris1313 or nothing but if you read all his info on his fast passes you would see it was a very good track conditions and in cold weather..not in the middle of summer like ran my regal and mustang...and heres one more point im going to make..if he put his drivetrane in a brick shaped regal weighing in at 3200lbs i doubt it would barely make it in the 10's if that....no offense to chris but facts are facts and seems all yall see is numbers...no offense again
Old 06-02-2010, 01:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

and 300lbs would'nt take him from mid 10's to the 9's either....
Old 06-02-2010, 01:25 PM
TECH Junkie

point taken,i dont know if you read the whole thread..but i had this same setup in a 85 regal with small headers and quiet exhaust on it and ran mid 10's with it at 124 in the qtr..not knocking chris1313 or nothing but if you read all his info on his fast passes you would see it was a very good track conditions and in cold weather..not in the middle of summer like ran my regal and mustang...and heres one more point im going to make..if he put his drivetrane in a brick shaped regal weighing in at 3200lbs i doubt it would barely make it in the 10's if that....no offense to chris but facts are facts and seems all yall see is numbers...no offense again
And again the facts are that you have more cubic inches, better heads, more compression, 3speed, carb/intake and a bigger cam than him also.

But there is no doubt that he runs in colder weather than any track around here even opens for.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

i still dont see the arguments in this thread, if billy had put a smaller cam in his motor it would lose power and go slower, i mean isnt it common sense?

Quick Reply: Polluter Track Times???