Quickest Stock Internal M6 LS1?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 08:45 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nmass399
I ordered a new set of stock springs, after seeing one sit at 58 pounds on the seat makes me worry alot. I guess the only reason i have not slamed a valve into a piston is the fact that its a stock cam.

I agree with you guys on the springs, i do think it should stay with the stock spring specs but i don't think an ls6 spring or anything with more pressure would make more power at all, if anything i would think more pressure would make a little less power.
I think its ok to change the old springs out for stock new spring its just do sum profanities maintenance so its not braking a valve spring
Old 03-31-2012, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SWeiser31
The 28's and 4.56 gears are the perfect combo for my car. Shift at 6 and trap at 6200. It still bogs, but the 2.66 low gear sucks for launching. When the tranny breaks, something with at least a 2.97 low will go in.
Whats your best 60 ft? Mine is a 1.54 but recently i finally got it to actually start 60 footing again, got a 1.56.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Whats your best 60 ft? Mine is a 1.54 but recently i finally got it to actually start 60 footing again, got a 1.56.
Pretty sure it's a 1.56. It's usually in the high 1.5 range. Haven't gotten to run yet this year though since they closed my home track.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Pretty sure it's a 1.56. It's usually in the high 1.5 range. Haven't gotten to run yet this year though since they closed my home track.
Hate they closed your track man. My 60ft's are usually in the high 1.5's also. I wish i knew what exactly to do to drop them down some but i am not sure what would just be a waste of money right now.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hate they closed your track man. My 60ft's are usually in the high 1.5's also. I wish i knew what exactly to do to drop them down some but i am not sure what would just be a waste of money right now.
Are you dead hooking or spinning a little?
Old 03-31-2012, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Are you dead hooking or spinning a little?
Its never really a dead hook, It gets up to around a certain wheel speed(which is around 30 mph according to the log) right after the drop of the clutch then the rpm's will come down slowly till the car gets up to speed. Its usually a 500-800 rpm drop till it gets up to speed then you can tell that its dead hooked at that point. By the time the car is up to speed and its dead hooked i am about 1 second in to the run.

All this data is from my best 60 ft's.

More or less a spin run to me with my car is when the rpm's sky rocket at the hit then the car always grabs and goes right after that.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Its never really a dead hook, It gets up to around a certain wheel speed(which is around 30 mph according to the log) right after the drop of the clutch then the rpm's will come down slowly till the car gets up to speed. Its usually a 500-800 rpm drop till it gets up to speed then you can tell that its dead hooked at that point. By the time the car is up to speed and its dead hooked i am about 1 second in to the run.

All this data is from my best 60 ft's.

More or less a spin run to me with my car is when the rpm's sky rocket at the hit then the car always grabs and goes right after that.

That sounds about right. You definitely want a little wheel speed with a stick car. Especially if you don't have a slipper clutch. There may not be a whole lot you can do to get them any lower without spending money. Maybe leave harder if possible, stiffen up the rear if it'll still hook, or play with your torque arm/ lower control arms if they're adjustable.

Quick Reply: Quickest Stock Internal M6 LS1?