Track Times For Our 416

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Track Times For Our 416

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yea!!! After more then 2 years and a dyno mishap my son and I made it to the drag strip. We tried a pass on the drag radials but the car spun all the way through first gear. It ran a 7.38 @ 98 mph. We changed the tires to ET streets and ran a 7.16 @ 99 mph. The car didn't launch straight and wobbled on the top end.
We decided to take off the front sway bar and adjust the shocks. This helped on the launch and we ran a 7.000 @ 99 mph. I'm alittle disappointed but nothing broke and we drove it back home after changing the tires back to the drag radials.
The car never got cooled down all the way. My battery box wouldn't run the fans. I usually connect the box to the engine fans and let them cool every thing off. The inlet air temp was at a 100' degrees. Gotta love Texas weather. I'm having to learn to drive the car again. This is a completely different combo. The new torque converter flashes much higher, and the shift points are wrong. Shifting it my self I bumped the limiter. I let the computer do it and it short shifts. The shift light is set for 6800 and it never came on except when I did my Prostock 3 gear burn out. Ed this thing really revs with the new converter.
The car should run in the 6's which is better then our old combo did on motor. More to come. Super Chevy is this weekend and we will be racing True Street. We wanted to go to the LS Holly Fest, but financially I can't swing it. The dyno f--- up cost 2500. Thats racing my friends. Oh my tuner Flaco split his block. It was a 6.0 with a turbo on it. Two weeks ago he ran 37 psi through it on Sunday he only ran 22 and it called it quits. He will be stepping up to a LSX. My 15 year old son Eric has stepped up and is handling the suspension changes on the car. He is adjusting the shocks, tire pressure,and checking over the whole car between runs. He has put alot of work into getting us back to the race track.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Congratulations! The heat does suck. I can relate being from south Florida.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on getting to the track

Quick Reply: Track Times For Our 416