my 11.7 run... I need to get schooled. video inside

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 11:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jimbo'sZO6
IMO, you need to run more air in your drag radials. 12psi is way too low to get a full footprint. Start at 20 psi and work your way down from there, 1psi at a time, and adjust your launch rpm accordingly.
Your shifting sounds fine,,,just need to get your 60's down and you'll hit your goal easily!

Jimbo
Cool man, thanks! I'll make that adjustment the next time I head out there.

Originally Posted by demarco313
OP 12 psi is way to low... Start at about 23 and work your way down until your launching right.

Maybe your shift from 3-4 was a little early like you said and that will hurt your trap speed.

Throw a FAST intake on there with a nick williams TB and let it really rip

Are you still on a stock TB or is it ported?
Im using a stock TB non ported. Im working on swapping that out soon though. Looking into which FAST will compliment my current set up

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
I agree 12psi is too low with a drag "radial", they were probably cupping causing you to spin with less of a contact patch and then the low psi was adding extra rolling resistance on the big end. The weather also looked cold, so track prep is gonna play a key and your 1/8 mph is strong because who should be topping out 3rd and then making the shift to 4th in back half robbing a couple mph. The other tires are going to hurt your gearing, did you start at a higher psi? Curious what clutch you're using? My 2cents, Chris
Thanks for your input! In addition to having the psi on the low side, I think i could have brought my RPMs a but high on my launch. I started my day at 15 psi. Im using the LS7 clutch/pp and flywheel.

Originally Posted by camscam02
The changed the location of the 1/4 mph beams as they felt they were reading too high and now they are on the low side by about a mph or so at sac.

1/8 mile mph are on par with all 4 tracks ive ran recently

also more tire pressure and do a better burnout, and dont rev it, get it spinning and hold it at a certain rpm to build wheel speed and heat
cool man, thanks! psi seems to be my mistake that day. owell. BTW, nice article! congrats!
Old 01-13-2011, 10:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The changed the location of the 1/4 mph beams as they felt they were reading too high and now they are on the low side by about a mph or so at sac.

also more tire pressure and do a better burnout, and dont rev it, get it spinning and hold it at a certain rpm to build wheel speed and heat
Thanks for the info Cam, I don't know why they can't get it right. I know the 1/8th is correct but its annoying they can't get the trap dialed in
Old 01-13-2011, 08:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank goodness you found out about that tracks MPH being off. Otherwise, you'd be pulling your hair out wondering where your MPH went. I always run 1 MPH faster at another track and I'm starting to wonder which one is off.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
I surprised you didn't trap higher in the 1/4 with a 98 in the 1/8th. I think 12psi is too low for a nitto dr, you should probably be in the 16-18 psi range. You probably could of launched from a lower rpm and got a better 60ft with less tire spin. Your car is right where i thought it would be in the 1/8th mile but i wonder whats up on the top end.

Could be the track too cuz sometimes the times don't make sense there
I agree its not a slick! Drag radials like 17-20 psi cuz they hook in middle better than the outside edge
Old 01-31-2011, 01:12 AM
12 Second Club

Man you dont need no other driver,you was halling azz bro. Congrats on your 11.7 past.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:09 AM
Restricted User

sidenote i cant wait to go back to sac pull off another low 11 pass and get told to not come back till i get a cage since they dont want me to even show up at sears point again.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Teching In

Yeah all this talk about runnin at sacs got me psyched to get out there this season. Minor league t.j., OP and other folks when r u guys planning on headin up there next? I'm out in Antioch
Old 03-17-2011, 02:11 PM
Restricted User

going to sp the 6th with a bunch of other trucks. I got booted for no cage last time there ill do a all motor pass then spray the 100 shot should be a 11.2-11.2 pass ills ee
Old 03-17-2011, 07:27 PM
11 Second Club

must b nice. i ran a 11.7 @ 128.lol stock converter
Old 03-22-2011, 03:52 AM
On The Tree

a few month ago compared to 15-18 months ago for me was 2-3 miles per hour at the traps in Sac. went from 124-127 to 122-124 now, i was told when i was there by employees that it was a few miles per hour off though, i dont know what to compare it to though since its the only track i have been to in this car

Quick Reply: my 11.7 run... I need to get schooled. video inside