8.92@150.50 personal best.Hydraulic cam

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crossbreed383
So there are no trick pieces ,and its not raced in a class where your trying to keep a combo from other competitors ,then why so tight lipped?
Your mustang runs as good as my car, and sounds like you have gr8 parts ,so it's up to you to put it all together, it took me 2 yrs to figure out how to really get my car off the starting line...
Old 11-09-2011, 08:08 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by crossbreed383
Hey Andy hows that new bullet doing?
made any laps yet?
Call me when you get a chance buddy
Track rental at MIR Friday so I hope to get some info on it then. I will give you a call and let you know...and maybe to discuss the topic of this thread? It hauls the mail for sure.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Now Coleman i'm not trying to stir the pot
I just dont always take all i hear or read on the web a gospel is all
I realize running fast is all in the details per say
My car has the potential to run mid 9.50's at your elevation or better as it SITS.
Or should i say SAT
As we speak i have a ls7 block being machined to get my TEA 245 heads ive been running on my litttle 4.030" bore some more room to breath
That along with some intake work ,ring pack,piston redesign,and getting less than 13% converter slippage in this thing,an *** ton of suspension and finally scaling this heap and we may be on to something
Also Brian Tooley and i have been scheming a little as well
In fact the car was last raced a month ago
At this moment it is sitting in the shop minus motor,rearend,frt suspension,dash ,seats,etc getting all the little tweaks it needs to work to its potential
People such as yourself drive others to better there own program.
If anything im jealous of that sweet air you folks have to run in
If you have raced up here as you eluded to ,then you must surely know what it does to a car/engine combo
I applaud your efforts and some day would love to get down there with you and line our heaps up and show everyone what these OLD CATHEDRAL PORT motors can do
Good night sir
Old 11-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Teching In

My car ran 9.40's with a 404 cu in motor..Ask brian, he did the heads..As I said before, my car competes with other camaros that don't have real racing suspension. I love the fox bodies for there pure racing potential. And I feel u will make the best of urs...My car will never compete with an all out racer.. But the time slips we have gotten with my camaro, I am truly proud of..And we have worked very hard with help from others, BUT , nobody gave us anything, we did this...ourselves!!!Week end, week out, at the track...Nothing has come easy with this setup... And as far as the good air, its for anyone who wants it...
Old 11-10-2011, 03:50 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,163 Likes on 756 Posts

I don't think he's tight lipped, I think he's just one of them there older guys who doesn't type much.

Any pics of the motor, I'm recalling maybe a carb intake and 4500 but not really sure....
Old 11-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Banned

Coleman, You should be proud. You guys just continue to impress me with the way you proceed to chip away at your ET. Impressive just doesn't begin to sum it up. Congratulations on all your hard work.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:54 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Crossbreed needs to make up his own thread to talk about himself and stop interferring in others.

He obviously doesn't know Colemans racing background and accomplishments. To the rest of us it's no surprise his Camaro runs this well.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hey Firehawk
Last i checked this is a technical site as in ls1-TECH
Therefore ,if someone is going to get on here and say look what i did ,then someone reverves the right to ask what did you do it with?
Noones saying anything negative here ,and i dont think anyone needs you to defend them

Also just because he ran a comp elim car before, doesnt mean going fast in this one is a given

Last edited by crossbreed383; 11-10-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mike@TEA
Coleman, You should be proud. You guys just continue to impress me with the way you proceed to chip away at your ET. Impressive just doesn't begin to sum it up. Congratulations on all your hard work.
Mike, coming from you that means a great deal to me. You know what we've gone thru to finally get in the 8's. And very much appreciate your contribution..... Just goes to show how much punch your little heads have! Hope you come up with something a little x-tra down the road... finally got the suspension lined out...and without mini-tubs. Thanks again...GOD Bless
Old 11-10-2011, 09:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Firehawk441
Crossbreed needs to make up his own thread to talk about himself and stop interferring in others.

He obviously doesn't know Colemans racing background and accomplishments. To the rest of us it's no surprise his Camaro runs this well.
Hey thanks for the very kind words!!! I guess even for us old guys(lol) accomplishing goals are still a blast!!! And it's a lot more fun doing it at our own pace... And you know it's an honor for people to think I might not have the set up I do, or wan't to know more...My friends know what I have and the guys that help me with, parts, suspension,tuning are all first class guys who I very much appreciate...I know there will b a lot faster guys than me with the little cams. But we are still proud. as you well know these cars are a handful.LOL!!!! GOD Bless
Old 11-10-2011, 09:20 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys worked your tails off and the combo was there. I called it , but didn't know you were gonna go crazy with it.lol.

I was a bit worried the track might throw some unsafe conditions, but you just motored on down like the car was on a string.

Awesome job dude!!!!!
Old 11-11-2011, 08:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome job Coleman! I have seen this car run at Evadale track and it always impressed me but I didn't think it would run 8's N/A so keep up the good work.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TXCAMSS
You guys worked your tails off and the combo was there. I called it , but didn't know you were gonna go crazy with it.lol.

I was a bit worried the track might throw some unsafe conditions, but you just motored on down like the car was on a string.

Awesome job dude!!!!!
Thanks, coming from you , I know you know your stuff. You and your wife are a class act....And yes ,I was worried that last pass, but we made it.. Hope to see yall soon.....God Bless
Old 11-15-2011, 03:55 PM
11 Second Club

I don't think I've ever seen results this good from a setep like yours, Congrats man!
Old 11-17-2011, 06:19 PM
On The Tree

Verry impressive! Glad to see the trick flows getting it done. Seems like there is always a dyno war beteen cathedral and rectangle but you cant argue with times like that. How many converter changes have you made to get where you are now? Great job!
Old 11-18-2011, 12:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dtroike
Verry impressive! Glad to see the trick flows getting it done. Seems like there is always a dyno war beteen cathedral and rectangle but you cant argue with times like that. How many converter changes have you made to get where you are now? Great job!
Hey man,thanks....We know the big heads are awesome.....but we don't have the h.p. numbers to use that kind of flow....we use ati stuff. it does ok....never went into the real exotic stuff, went8"to 9"......
Old 11-18-2011, 12:56 PM
8 Second Club

Great Pass.....

Quick Reply: 8.92@150.50 personal best.Hydraulic cam