TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
Damn 10yrs and 3 post ..
That's probably some sort of record.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 63 Likes on 36 Posts

I really do not know how this could be possible. I just don't see it.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:09 PM
Staging Lane

Congrats and bad *** looking car for sure. Just curious why the parachute and big fuel pump for a stock motor?
Old 12-17-2012, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ohioz
Congrats and bad *** looking car for sure. Just curious why the parachute and big fuel pump for a stock motor?
Working out the bugs in the car for a future motor that will require a chute.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Dudes a idiot Vetteboy.......don't even try..
.....obviously i am (along with 9/10ths of performance car enthusiasts). what are people thinking when buying a ZR1/C6Z06?

we shud just swap out LS7/9 motors and run stock LS6's and we'll all be in the 10's @130+

I mean hell....he's a 10year member with 3 posts.

...says the guy with a BS thread dedicated to his BS mods....

do post counts add mph to my car? is that how it works around here?

Last edited by 5 ltr. beater; 12-17-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by vetteboy2k
That's probably some sort of record.

...nah...you and Hio probably got me beat on that...fooling 3/4 of the members here into thinking a stock c5z06 can bust out 10s @130+ with just and intake and exhaust...
Old 12-17-2012, 02:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by speedtigger
I really do not know how this could be possible. I just don't see it.

...cause its not...plain and simple.

not saying a vette cant dip into 10s (im on board with that) ; but these clowns are posting up mph's that h/c AND n20 vette's produce.

heck, STOCK C6Z06's that are LIGHTER and more POWERFUL have a hard time trapping mid 120's; and that LS7 is FAR SUPERIOR to an LS6; and yet one guy with a vette claims hes trapping 130 with I/E and the other with a heavy catfish claims hes trapping higher with less HP...

now if i was the only guy here starting crap and making a big deal about it, i deserve to get clowned and ridiculed and what not...;but Hio has his own thread dedicated to his mysterious BS mph so im not the only one..

i would love to see these cars line up against a terminator, 5.0, H/C Ls1, evo (roll,dig, whatever). and if there are videos, please direct me to them.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 5 ltr. beater

not saying a vette cant dip into 10s (im on board with that) ; but these clowns are posting up mph's that h/c AND n20 vette's produce.

heck, STOCK C6Z06's that are LIGHTER and more POWERFUL have a hard time trapping mid 120's; and that LS7 is FAR SUPERIOR to an LS6; and yet one guy with a vette claims hes trapping 130 with I/E and the other with a heavy catfish claims hes trapping higher with less HP...

now if i was the only guy here starting crap and making a big deal about it, i deserve to get clowned and ridiculed and what not...;but Hio has his own thread dedicated to his mysterious BS mph so im not the only one..

i would love to see these cars line up against a terminator, 5.0, H/C Ls1, evo (roll,dig, whatever). and if there are videos, please direct me to them.
Our bolt-on c6z has run 9.9x and 138.8x as well as our H/C c5Z.

Last edited by vetteboy2k; 12-17-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

You don't know anything about my car because you failed to read the thread. The more you type the less i believe you know anything at all. You are more than welcome to come my way and run me.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:36 PM
Staging Lane

Working out the bugs in the car for a future motor that will require a chute.
Just curious what bugs is there to work out with a stock motor? And in for details of the new motor
Old 12-17-2012, 02:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ohioz
Just curious what bugs is there to work out with a stock motor? And in for details of the new motor
We are using a stock motor to work out the bugs in the car and get familiar with the car.( ie. computer, suspension, chute, fuel system, clutch, brakes, etc.) We haven't run a full pass in 3 years.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:58 PM
CARTEK Racing

Looks like RobZ...

Last time the car also had a 4spd Faceplated Trans and a slipper clutch. Did you guys swap that for stock parts? Just wondering cause its not listed in the first post. Maybe it will help some on here to understand more about those bugs you're talking about as a slipper clutch takes time to set up right.

Also, seems like his 139mph with H/C a few years ago is kinda sad if stock, the car can run 129+. That means that H/C setup only gained 10mph over a stock LS6?

Raceweight is also below 3K... not by much, but come on...

Nice MPH.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Teching In

You don't know anything about my car because you failed to read the thread. The more you type the less i believe you know anything at all. You are more than welcome to come my way and run me.

yes...let me just pack my bags, rent a u-hual trailer and tow my car 4000+ miles to race a ls6 swapped camaro.

i said what i had to say and you've made your point and so have i. we can agree to disagree. no point in going back and forth like a couple of Honda guys.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Teching In

Our bolt-on c6z has run 9.9x and 138.8x as well as our H/C c5Z.
as stated before....no doubt your vette does...its the mph in the backend that is WAY too much for a NA motor.

again, no point in making childish comments. ive said what was on my mind and vice versa. we can agree to disagree.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

as stated before....no doubt your vette does...its the mph in the backend that is WAY too much for a NA motor.

again, no point in making childish comments. ive said what was on my mind and vice versa. we can agree to disagree.
I can appreciate that, just keep in mind the chassis and other components on this car are far from stock.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:45 PM
Launching!

I am one of the mechanics that work on said car .Obviously you are ignorant. your calling us liars because " YOU " don't believe what we have achieved .Did you watch the video ? It was a fail of a pass and we still trapped 129.xx . what happens when we go 1.3x 60 ft and trap 133-134 mph will you be more butt hurt ? I'm sure you will , your new to the forum I see or just opened a new posting name because everyone hated you and you couldn't post anymore without getting bombarded . There is a lot to making a car go fast . The engine is only 1 factor in making a car go fast .
Old 12-17-2012, 03:52 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It just blows my mind how people can sit here and be so ignorant as to still call BS on several vids of a car going down the 1/4 consistently traping the same MPH.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

25 mph back half is not out of the ordinary for a n/a ls motor. I have a 3500lb f body cam only that backhalfs 24 mph. His car is lighter and more aerodynamic . Don't be hating because you and the large percentage don't want to take the time to set your car up correctly. There is a lot to be gained in the little details that most people overlook. If you will research a little you will find out that stock C5Z will trap 116 -117 in good air and it is very believable to pick up 100+ hp with the mods he has and taking weight out helps also with et and trap speed. Combination, combination, combination!

Stock C5z = 117 in good air
Headers & Off rd exhaust + 3-4
Ported Fast +2
Electric WP +1
Underdrive Pulley +1
Ram Air +2-3
Gears + 1
Weight reduction +1-2
Tune +2-3

That adds up to 13-17 mph over stock putting him in the 130- 134 range so it isn't far fetched by any means.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by vettewrench
I am one of the mechanics that work on said car .Obviously you are ignorant. your calling us liars because " YOU " don't believe what we have achieved .Did you watch the video ? It was a fail of a pass and we still trapped 129.xx . what happens when we go 1.3x 60 ft and trap 133-134 mph will you be more butt hurt ? I'm sure you will , your new to the forum I see or just opened a new posting name because everyone hated you and you couldn't post anymore without getting bombarded . There is a lot to making a car go fast . The engine is only 1 factor in making a car go fast .

nope. 5 ltr. beater is the screen name ive been using since back in 99' and i use the name on every forum im on.

so you install an electric water pump and do a few suspension mods and you call yourself a mechanic? i swear you come on here like your an ASE certified master mechanic. gtfo.

when i asked about the mods on the car i was given a link to a BS callout thread???

no worries though...im sure the car is on its way to trapping 140 all motor soon.

not trying to deviate the thread. rant is over. carry on.

Last edited by 5 ltr. beater; 12-17-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Killer5.3
25 mph back half is not out of the ordinary for a n/a ls motor. I have a 3500lb f body cam only that backhalfs 24 mph. His car is lighter and more aerodynamic . Don't be hating because you and the large percentage don't want to take the time to set your car up correctly. There is a lot to be gained in the little details that most people overlook. If you will research a little you will find out that stock C5Z will trap 116 -117 in good air and it is very believable to pick up 100+ hp with the mods he has and taking weight out helps also with et and trap speed. Combination, combination, combination!

Stock C5z = 117 in good air
Headers & Off rd exhaust + 3-4
Ported Fast +2
Electric WP +1
Underdrive Pulley +1
Ram Air +2-3
Gears + 1
Weight reduction +1-2
Tune +2-3

That adds up to 13-17 mph over stock putting him in the 130- 134 range so it isn't far fetched by any means.

that's more like bench racing but ok. i appreciate you going out of your way to add a list of mods done

Quick Reply: Stock ls6 motor traps 130+