8 more passes at Bandimere

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 06:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8 more passes at Bandimere

Ok, so I made it out to Bandimere again. There was a guy there with a 12 second (on the bottle) Jeep SRT-8, that I ended up (unintentionally) racing... that said that the DA was about 9,000 when we started. I also found out from him that the previous day I was at Bandimere (see https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...bandimere.html) that the DA was closer to 6,000.

Even so, I got mostly better at my R/T and launches, but still could not muster better than the 14.6 I got 3 weeks before.

I figure if I went out on a good cool day I might be able to pull a few tenths off.

So Ive got a good baseline is now for all the mods to come. I am a few weeks off from ordering my high flow Texas Speed y-pipe to go with the Pacesetter headers I have in my garage. I also potentially have some 17x11 or 11.5 wheels that have a bit more rubber that could make launching a bit easier. I also need to do some standard maint, spark plugs etc as they havent been done in forever.

with the Headers/Ypipe/flowmaster and a tune-up, what kind of improvement might I expect? also any recommendation for plugs etc?

anyways, I put all the video together and after each run in the video I show you what I ran and what the opponent ran.

Enjoy!

Old 06-26-2013, 07:26 AM
On The Tree

That Jeep was nasty.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FoHawk
That Jeep was nasty.
no kidding, that wasn't even the fastest jeep out there... that Red one needs the bottle to run 12's... I raced a silver one,

that supercharged jeep usually runs mid 11s on just the motor...

in this run, he ran a 12.9 or so, but his is the fastest Jeep Ive seen out there.

Quick Reply: 8 more passes at Bandimere