Question about M6 vs. auto ET times

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 07:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

You have to have the lingenfelter shift cut for that.

I think it drives fine. But you can't lull between gears like you can a syncro trans. You have to shift it.

I don't use the clutch mostly on up shifts now when I'm racing it. Just breathe the throttle and pull the gear. Once timing is right it's very smooth to. But if your timing is off you can tear it up.

Sometimes i still use the clutch if the surface is slick to soften the gear cgange a bit. To be honest on back to back runs i noticed no difference in using the clutch vs not. I just prefer to not. I have the ignition cut but have never used it at the track. It was messing up because they sent the wrong directions with it and i just haven't got back to it.
Old 09-08-2017, 09:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Mines pretty easy to drive and I'm very used to it after 40k miles on it.

https://youtu.be/3u6z5shwAo4
That is absolutely amazing. When I was younger I briefly raced junior cup cars that were equipped with dog boxes and straight cut gears and I couldn't imagine driving one on the street. The gear changes were practically instant even at 10k rpm, but getting started out of the pits was brutal. If I were to not bang shift the thing it would jerk and grind like crazy. I can't afford a dog box, but if that is how good they can be sign me up in the future!
Old 09-08-2017, 02:26 PM
Banned

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Well personally I like holding a drink cup casually in my right hand, while the 2nd gear shift spins the tires and sets the rear end swag, with left hand on the wheel, I tip my cup sideways as I watch the car next to me fall behind...

... and if they look over at me, I've got my drink cup sideways like I just don't care while the tires spinning and car is leaving effortless
Old 09-08-2017, 03:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

^^^^^This guy exists. It's so painful.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Mf'r probably cheats it up with a sippy cup lid since he a auto guy.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:37 PM
Banned

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Mf'r probably cheats it up with a sippy cup lid since he a auto guy.
thats part of the fun, using different kinds of cups and lids. My favorite two are the huge cup with no lid so its obvious you are drinking this huge drink with one hand while going sideways but also going straight. The second best is the plastic-but-looks-like-glass vodka bottle filled with water for private closed course sessions.

Quick Reply: Question about M6 vs. auto ET times