Summer H/C Results

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 07:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice times. I cant wait to get some rims and tires and suspension and get those wheels off the ground! Sweet run. I say 10.7 in the winter! Good luck!
Old 09-19-2004, 07:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Jorday
Awesome times. I have heads/cam and 100 shot and I still can't go down the 1/4 that quick.

You said your race weight was 3350. What do you figure a fully optioned Z28 with no weight reduction, 1/4 tank of fuel and a 200 pound guy in it weighs?

My car with My Grandsports my in it at full weight half a tank of gas weighted 3650lbs. I weight 250lbs
Old 09-19-2004, 08:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
So I guess you saw that the temps and humidity wasn't quite what she quoted. lol

But one thing's for sure, you guys get some freaky weather in TX, higher DAs in March than in August.
Well that is Texas weather for you. I never said for sure what the exact weather was, but on average here in Texas (ask anyone that lives here) our Summers are very hot and humid. We saw almost 100* this weekend and its already mid September. Yes all the times were ran from 5:00 p.m.-8:30 p.m. It sucks running in the heat for many reasons though, one of course being the times dont really get any better and wearing pants and a fire jacket in 80*+ weather sucks.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:15 AM
Banned

I believe it gets hot down there, I don't even wanna think about it. I was thinking of getting a condo in Florida but when I went down there at the end of June this year it was 94*. YUCK !!! That changed my mind real quick, well that and the fact that FL seems to be a hurricane magnet.

I'm going to Vegas in a few days on vaca and was hoping that being it's late September the temps wouldn't be too bad. Silly me, a guy I work with goes there twice a year and he said it should only be in the mid 90s. Only?!?

I don't like the heat and I'm getting real sick of these winters we've been getting here in NY the last few years. 10 years done and 10 more to go til I retire, anyone know where there's a place in this great country where it rarely goes above 85 or bellow 40? I heard there's some town in New Mexico that's like that.

Anywho, Lynda, you already know that I thikn your car runs real good I've told yo that when you PMed me a while back. You also know that there's plenty of folks around here that don't go racing in the summer cause it's hot and their times go down hill, I know a few of them personally. This summer's been kinda whacky and not as hot as usual so more folks have taken their cars racing than usual. You guys are lucky to be able to run at night. My local track which is now closed down, where I used to do 90% of my TnT, was only open from 1PM till 5PM the latest. I've been there plenty of times during the summer and the temps were in the mid 80s to low 90s with lots of this wonderful NY humidity. Heck, I even went to E-Town one time when it was 102* during the day and 95* at 9 PM. I felt I was going to almost pass out that day. lol Anyways, my point is that lots of folks never hit the track during the summer cause they know their times are gonna be slower. I don't care, I wanna know what my car runs as I drive it on the street be it winter, spring, summer or fall.

Quick Reply: Summer H/C Results