New Cam Only Record! 10.344@ 128.20

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 05:28 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to see the record back in Chi-Town! Congrats Keith.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Magnus
I need to see if I can make it a little harder for Rodney.
you made it hard enough dont force me to go to a th350 cause aint no way in hell ill ever cut a 1.31 with a 6speed. but i have all intentions of racing you to the 9's h/c.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AWESOME job keith......CONGRATS !!!

looking forward to see 9's

peace
Old 04-04-2005, 06:22 PM
TECH Addict

http://www.camarohighway.com/MFBA/20...Magnus1034.WMV

Record run vs. me(I got a little out of shape @ the 1/8, lifted and got back in it)

You see the G5X-4 cams at work.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:19 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Thats a bad *** video. 2 of the fastest cam only cars at work.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:16 PM
TECH Regular

Congrats Keith, awesome run man.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:12 PM
11 Second Club

Good job bringing the record back home!
Old 04-04-2005, 11:27 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

MFBA Love
Old 04-04-2005, 11:32 PM
TECH Regular

As I said in the other thread Congrats Keith. So how many records do we have from the MFBA now ?
Car looks good Sean!
Old 04-05-2005, 12:32 AM
FormerVendor

Nice runs Keith!!!!

John
Old 04-05-2005, 01:25 AM
11 Second Club

okay, am i the only one whod like to pull these motors apart and check this stuff out???? i mean nice records all of you in the last few months, but its starting to pust unbelievable, u dont think u could add heads and drop 3 tenths? hell alans solid roller heads car that is reving to i believe he said 7800 rpm is running just in the 9.9x range..... but ya'lls hydrolic roller bone stock heads, no porting, no polishing, nothing is only going 10.3-10.4.... i mean the sponsors cant keep up with some of you.... and they have prolly next to unlimted parts to throw on and try. im sure ill get flamed to hell and back for this, but i also wondered how a bone stock bottom ended car could turn mid 9's in the 1/4... and make it to mid 10's cam only for a decent length of time, yet other cars setup and tuned just as good would blow sky freaking high before they ran a mid 9..... jw.. i understand ur cars are very very light, and im not accusing u of cheating.. just please tear ur car apart for us and tell us waht makes it tick. i know the wieght, and tons of suspension, but how did u make 330rwhp bolton car go 10's? and how did you cam guys go sub 10.60.. enlighten us....... . b/c i bet i could buy all ur parts, and take off all the things u did, and have the same ppl assemble and tune, and i coudn't run these times tommorow, theres just got to be something else im thinking.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:36 AM
TECH Veteran

well to start alan had a nitrous motor so the rotating assembly wasnt light
his car was few hundred lbs heavier than ours are. i ran right after him on the same night he ran his 9.9, i was running 10.50's about 150lbs lighter than him at the time. some of us have stronger motors than others, some of us can pick the proper parts better than others and some of us can drive better than others. so far we have just got lucky with our setups. and i think i speak for all 3 of us when i say were still not done yet. and i would be more than happy to tear down the motor for anyone who wants to fork over the rebuild money if it is indeed stock which i can assure it is.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:59 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by LS1_PNYTAMR
okay, am i the only one whod like to pull these motors apart and check this stuff out???? i mean nice records all of you in the last few months, but its starting to pust unbelievable, u dont think u could add heads and drop 3 tenths? hell alans solid roller heads car that is reving to i believe he said 7800 rpm is running just in the 9.9x range..... but ya'lls hydrolic roller bone stock heads, no porting, no polishing, nothing is only going 10.3-10.4.... i mean the sponsors cant keep up with some of you.... and they have prolly next to unlimted parts to throw on and try. im sure ill get flamed to hell and back for this, but i also wondered how a bone stock bottom ended car could turn mid 9's in the 1/4... and make it to mid 10's cam only for a decent length of time, yet other cars setup and tuned just as good would blow sky freaking high before they ran a mid 9..... jw.. i understand ur cars are very very light, and im not accusing u of cheating.. just please tear ur car apart for us and tell us waht makes it tick. i know the wieght, and tons of suspension, but how did u make 330rwhp bolton car go 10's? and how did you cam guys go sub 10.60.. enlighten us....... . b/c i bet i could buy all ur parts, and take off all the things u did, and have the same ppl assemble and tune, and i coudn't run these times tommorow, theres just got to be something else im thinking.

Pro stock john himself I can gaurantee would put his name on the to verify my cars integrity..

And my cam was installed at Speed INC.. they took off the existing valve springs and the old cam out.. I bet they too could attest to the stockness of my shitty *** LS1 heads.. 84X or whatever. I have the crappiest LS1 heads ever.

I hand picked my exact setup. It is EXACTLY how I would design a car to be a record breaking car. Every single part on my car (EXCEPT for my rear LCA's) are set on kill..

I have a shop. Bring me your car and your credit card and I will build you a car that will do exactly what my car did. I'll even drive it down the 1/4 mile with my experience and run very comparable times. When you pick it up, bring a pickup truck with a trailer. We can put the near 1000lbs of junk I removed from your car in the back of the truck.

My car is legit..

And if you think my car is so easy to build.. fyi.. I took apart every single wiring harness in the car to remove uneeded wires.... for weight reduction.

I have a sawzall and die grinder handy for weight reduction..

The reason why I say I don't think heads would put me in the 9's is just out of practicality.. come on.. the faster you are the harder it is to gain ET.. I had to work my *** off to run 10's stock internals.. and i BARELY made it.. Dude I got stuck with an 11.000 11.001 and 11.002 and I called it quits and was ready to put the car on the trailer.. I tried my *** off but could not break 10's and quit. Pro Stock John is the guy who told me to just try one more.. and sure enough.. last pass before the track closed I ran a 10.. and its on film too..

My 10.344 is on film too with lots of witnesses as well.

I post everythign I do on both my personal website and this forum. If I had time to put heads on my car, you would be able to put it in the timeline..

If you want to call me out, by all means put your money where your mouth is.. Come over here and take off my heads.. Then I will give you a set of 02 LS1 heads to put back on the car which are stock to replace my crappy *** 84x heads.. then I will go and run again and see what I can do with a less crappy set of heads.. all on your dollar.

What is a sponsor going to do to a race car that I haven't done.. One thing I noticed in the drag racing tech is a light weight steering column.. I don't have that.. not much else I can think of..

What makes our cars tick??? Well, for starters, a stock LS1 with cam, rod bolts, valve springs and pushrods.. and then the car to support it.

It also takes a driver to actually run the #. You think it doesn't matter how to drive an auto, or a TH350.. just gas and shift.. when you are this fast and you are looking for the record, the most minor of actions can cause quite a difference in ET.

If you are serious bring me your car and your wallet and I'll have your car as fast as mine.. and if you want to spend a few more dollars there is a couple things I could do to make it even faster.. some things I was not willing to shell out extra $$$ for.

Another thing.. I raced 10.9's stock internals.. with open headers and an idle of 550 rpm's.. If I had ANY time of cam people would know.. even a sleeper cam on open headers at 550 rpm idle would make some sort of noise. Everyone thought my car stalled every time I got out of the burnout because it was so silent.. Do you think I would have heads on a stock cam car?? Valve springs?? I bet my springs are still at speed.. you want to check their compression load??

And after I run a 10.9 stock internals?? what do you think would happen from adding 70 rwhp from a monster cam.. run 10.5's???

FYI.. My car, with NO engine/trans mods ran 12.4 with the LS1 swap.. All I had was an intake and 4.10 gear. stock manifolds with cats and an open y-pipe.

If this was so easy there would be more people at this ET level with this level of mods.. but its not easy and thats why the competition is so tough.. because its HARD!!!

Myself, Rodney, Sean, Z8's.. and all the other record holders work their ASSES off to achieve these records.. With the LS1 community as large as it is, nothing is achieved easily.. because so many other people are trying to reach the same goal as you are.

Many people want it, but only 1 guy can hold the #1 spot. And for the short period that you are #1, it's a pretty damn nice place to be.. but as time goes on, so will advancements in the LS1 aftermarket, and competition will increase and ET's will just keep getting faster..

10.2's cam only is very possible. I believe it will be just as hard to achieve as 10.9's stock internals.

Last edited by Magnus; 04-05-2005 at 02:13 AM.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:28 AM
11 Second Club

I have the record for the longest mullet.

jk! lol

Props man, 10.30's is so unbelievable for a cam only car and you did it. I'm still wondering if i should question, but i trust the integrity of ls1tech. What kinda dyno #'s are y'alls cars putting down?? I just cant wait for somebody to break 9's cam only!! lol

Last edited by Fade2blk500; 04-05-2005 at 02:49 AM.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:36 AM
11 Second Club

ah.......... wondering rather or not its right to copy ur aim convo to this thread right now.............

Okay I will admit, when he messaged me and said "the cam only records 10.30's now". I was like f**k that.. I smell something funny. *bullshit* coughcough, but after reading it I'm still wondering how the hell?! lol I mean if you say you did and have video's to back it up I'm not going to be the one to call somebody a liar. So if you really ran that time cam only its amazing and keep up the good work. Although if your lying for publicity/fame whatever then thats just dumb. Again I will say Props to you though for an amazing run.

Last edited by Fade2blk500; 04-05-2005 at 02:47 AM.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:51 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Magnus
LS1TECH Sponsor Join Date: Nov 2001

Times are legit.

Nuff said.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:01 AM
11 Second Club

wow that says it all right there dont it????? i mean u gotta believe it now...

okay so u live in chicago, have been a sponsor 4 years, youve posted 1400 times, and your name is magnus! wow i think ive got it figured out now. im going to run 10.30s cam only by...

becoming a sponsor, moving to chicago, posting 14xx times, and changing my name to magnus#2. and in about 4 years i can run 10.30s cam only too if i work really hard at the above things! thanks for the great input!

sad thing is 90% of me really thinks u did this record legit..... and then u posted that and thru the im a sponsor i dont lie card out where it really wasn't needed in place of some good helpful info.

Last edited by LS1_PNYTAMR; 04-05-2005 at 03:11 AM.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:15 AM
Retired Street Racer

Don't let the haters keep you guys down. their cars are legit. if the owner of ls1tech would put his name on the line for their cars, than they are legit cars. they are just jealous that they have spent so much money on bandwagon parts, and have come up with times that are nowhere close to what you guys have. keep up the awesome times guys!
Old 04-05-2005, 05:49 AM
12 Second Club

wow that says it all right there dont it????? i mean u gotta believe it now...

okay so u live in chicago, have been a sponsor 4 years, youve posted 1400 times, and your name is magnus! wow i think ive got it figured out now. im going to run 10.30s cam only by...

becoming a sponsor, moving to chicago, posting 14xx times, and changing my name to magnus#2. and in about 4 years i can run 10.30s cam only too if i work really hard at the above things! thanks for the great input!

sad thing is 90% of me really thinks u did this record legit..... and then u posted that and thru the im a sponsor i dont lie card out where it really wasn't needed in place of some good helpful info.
Dude put your money were your mouth is if you don't believe him . He said you bring your credit card and a car and he will build it.

congrats magnus.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

MAGNUS- dont let these CLOWNS get too ya,they did the same *ucking thing too me a month and a half ago when i flew to san antonio too look at a real clean 2002 z28 for my son .turned out to be a turd ,real piece of crap,then everyone jumped on here,OH it really looks good from the pictures,yea of a different car.if your looking for an alunimum ds.get a metal matrics composite aluminum one ,we run it on Bob Cooks NMRA RENAGADE stang it runs 8.60s at 157mph it will hod up just fine and weighs half of what a chromemolly shaft.i can vouch for Kieth he is not cheating!!

Quick Reply: New Cam Only Record! 10.344@ 128.20