New Cam Only Record! 10.344@ 128.20

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 08:34 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Magnus and 01-Z are not cheaters, I have been to the track with these guys a 100 times and the nay sayers just have no idea what it takes. I have started to make my car light and I am no where even close to what these guys have done. E.T is not all made from power, it depends on how heavy you are. With 100rwhp and 200rwtq less than I had and 400lbs lighter I went .4's faster. So if it's all about hp tell me how that works. And if you think cutting a 1.31 60 ft is easy your nuts.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Magnus,

Don't let peoples unwillingness or incompetence to build a similar combo get you down.

Your car is running AWESOME.

Old 04-05-2005, 09:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the most incredible part is how well the cars launch. it isnt about the power or if it has heads. hell 99% of us here couldnt run that number with head/cam/built motor setup. its about the setup of the chasis that allows it to go on kill and stay in it. incredible.

if you have a hard time believing this stuff, dont dare go to NHRA stock eliminator. definately dont talk to al corda and his ls1.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:07 AM
Staging Lane

how these guys get it done..

while most people are getting sold into high dollar parts...

these guys do it like this

- effecient race car
- lightweight
- trying thing cam changes, converter swaps..etc etc
- most importantly...TUNING TUNING TUNING
Old 04-05-2005, 09:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It's not rocket science.....the car is light. Magnus has his **** dialed in, plain and simple. No reason for people to get pissed or call bullshit.
Would it be more believable if he went 10.94 at 3420 lbs cam only? 600 lbs = about 6 tenths in most books.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:31 AM
11 Second Club

Why is everyone getting defensive, nobody called bullshit. We were just looking for more info to help us feel comfortable with the timeslip. I mean honestly I could care less if he cheated or not.. and I'm not saying he did. Mdblackz28, I have about 1000 bucks in my 86.. I'm not really interested in going 10's in it though.. But like I was saying.. If you think we are calling bullshit then you are completely misunderstanding our post. I said it once and i'll say it again PROPS to having a fast *** car. That thing is sticking like glue
Old 04-05-2005, 11:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Both cars are legit, and thats the botttom line.......

Congrats Keith
Old 04-05-2005, 11:58 AM
11 Second Club

keith, if your car has 241 heads on it now...those are the 01-02 model. The 806's are the junk ones.

again, nice job.

chitown what?!?
Old 04-05-2005, 12:26 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keith,

congrats. Awesome ET's and great video to boot. I love the wheelstand.

I'm originally from NW Indiana, but moved away well before US41 dragway came into being. Hope to race "back home" someday.

Todd
Old 04-05-2005, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice times. Magnus is legit, always has been, always will. He got **** back in the day when he crushed the v6 records, and now this.

Would you mind posting up what parts you do have so that some of us could learn?
thanks
-Steve
Old 04-05-2005, 01:47 PM
TECH Addict

Tell you what-
I will put the title to my car up to ANYONE's 1,000.00.that wants to break my or
Keiths car down and inspect the heads.

If you find any head work, I will sign my title over to you.

If you don't find any head work,I will use your 1k to buy a another converter.

Fair enough?

This is a 100% legit offer if anyone thinks I'm kidding.

I'll supply the tools.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01-Z
Tell you what-
I will put the title to my car up to ANYONE's 1,000.00.that wants to break my or

Fair enough?

I'll supply the tools.
Can we inspect the head on your shoulders?
Old 04-05-2005, 02:46 PM
Banned

Congrats Keith! DAMN what do I have to do to keep you guys from getting close to me. 2820lbs raceweight That would get me 9.5-9.6@141.

Hmmm..I do have a TH350\converter\carbon shaft hanging around.

You guys need to remember that my car is an M6 at 3250 lbs with a motor set up for nitrous. You can tell that my 136.8 MPH shows the power,just hard to get the ET with my type of setup.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:46 PM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

Congrats Magnus, I know what it takes to do this. I just hate that our nearest good track is 600 miles away or else we'd try again. Guess I gotta take the wiring harness apart too, planned on it just didn't want to.

The fast cam-only cars are believable. Nothing really rocket science even going on, that car would probably go 10.50's with a 224 cam, the timeslips come mostly from the chassis, not all of its the cam. When you say "cam-only" its kinda misleading, but thats what the powerplant does consist of.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

JP, can't believe you would go about it like this. How many times have I said, you gotta get the car's weight down and it will run with very little done. Did you see he was sub 3000 pounds? He built this car for a goal and I would say he is doing very well with it. Take notes and maybe you can get faster. This is not shocking, just very smart and a practical approach.
Good luck with your car, hope to let you see the tail lights of the LT1 soon, if you show up at the track....
Originally Posted by LS1_PNYTAMR
okay, am i the only one whod like to pull these motors apart and check this stuff out???? i mean nice records all of you in the last few months, but its starting to pust unbelievable, u dont think u could add heads and drop 3 tenths? hell alans solid roller heads car that is reving to i believe he said 7800 rpm is running just in the 9.9x range..... but ya'lls hydrolic roller bone stock heads, no porting, no polishing, nothing is only going 10.3-10.4.... i mean the sponsors cant keep up with some of you.... and they have prolly next to unlimted parts to throw on and try. im sure ill get flamed to hell and back for this, but i also wondered how a bone stock bottom ended car could turn mid 9's in the 1/4... and make it to mid 10's cam only for a decent length of time, yet other cars setup and tuned just as good would blow sky freaking high before they ran a mid 9..... jw.. i understand ur cars are very very light, and im not accusing u of cheating.. just please tear ur car apart for us and tell us waht makes it tick. i know the wieght, and tons of suspension, but how did u make 330rwhp bolton car go 10's? and how did you cam guys go sub 10.60.. enlighten us....... . b/c i bet i could buy all ur parts, and take off all the things u did, and have the same ppl assemble and tune, and i coudn't run these times tommorow, theres just got to be something else im thinking.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:28 PM
9 Second Club

I can believe whats been contemplated, its surely the whole car not the engine...I mean look at mine even though it is a Lt1 ... not only that but I personally tore down the "former" stock internal record holder on this board (Hawkin01) and it was, as it came from the factory...
On serious note though, magnus you better put some heads on it quick or we'll get the 9's first with a hyd. cam 346 ,on pump gas ..testing the other day showed ,,well

Personally, I'm shooting for the record for most hated red Trans am with bogarts this year...
Old 04-05-2005, 03:35 PM
11 Second Club

sorry for asking a question, love to be flamed i guess... if anything you should take questions as a compliment, if its that amazing to make ppl wonder then damn, ur doing something right! secondly, the only reason i was kinda curious is the top 4 went from 10.60-10.90 to being like 10.30-10.50's in a very short short time.. yea i know they trailer the car shon herron, and i know they are all sub 2900... magnus said he was like 2700 or something right.. just eventually you'd think you'd have to hit a wall somewhere right.

my apologies...

oh and criag the other guy never questioned a thing, i was the only one who did, so no need to put him in this with me..
Old 04-05-2005, 03:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Shon Herron
Good luck with your car, hope to let you see the tail lights of the LT1 soon, if you show up at the track....

thanks goodluck with ur car, and i believe ur last lt1 did that at jackson, should be a bit harder this time tho... and thats if i ever get it running again.. im tearing it down to check everything for possible damage, such as the pistons, better then putting the cam in only to dyno 300rwhp and do a leak down and then have to tear it down.. im going to go thru it first, and try and learn a thing or two while doing it ya know, so it might be a while, but it should be fun.. however evertying is bought and paid for except gear, pulley, tune and one or two other things, unless i find the shortblock to be scrap ofcourse.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:58 PM
...with cheese.

Congrats on the record!! Thats freakin awesome. There are always retards with big mouths, who cares, everybody has the right to express how stupid they are; let them have at it...
Old 04-05-2005, 04:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 01-Z
Tell you what-

Fair enough?

I'll supply the tools.
Deaf or can't read? Nobody questioned the integrity. The only thing questioned was as to how he did it. Yeah we know what the motor has, but like everybody else pointed out thats not the most important part. The rest of the car's setup is where its all at, and thats what was being asked. You guys get so defensive every time you think somebody's threatening your thrones....when in reality were all just here trying to learn. Props to all you guys running 10's cam only, and especially to Magnus for the new record.

On a humurous note, you said we keep the title if we find head work...what about bottles or a not so stock bottom end

Quick Reply: New Cam Only Record! 10.344@ 128.20