Shakedown runs are complete!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 12:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking Shakedown runs are complete!!!

Welp, got her all up and running and got a decent tune in her monday!!! Luckily I had off work today and I brought her out to moroso for some shakedown runs even though the weather was garbage (as well as the track)! Night started off 1900+ DA and by the end of the night it was just under 1800! First run off the street:

And I was skatin the whole way down the track but stayed in it and kept her goin as straight as possible.

Next run (pretty much a hot lap 6:42pm)

11.697 @ 119.72 1.79 60' (*** end came out mid track and had to let out, got back in and kind of went sideways again and then featherd it the rest of the track).

Third run (6:59pm)

Decided to try the right lane since left wasn't hooking and upped my shift point a little and went off footbrake to try and not spin: 11.378 @ 122.83 1.735 60' (picked up mph but still spun bad and skated down track!)

4th run (7:22pm)

Went off footbrake again, raised shift point again, still spun pretty bad and skated down track, but picked up mph: 11.333 @ 123.22 1.717 60'

5th run (8:00pm)

They actually decided to prep the track a little and this was my best run of the night. Went off the transbrake and actually caught some ok traction and could stay in it the whole time without skating down the track and raised shift point a little again:

Backed that up with a couple more 11.2x's in the mid 123 range and also an 11.4x in the mid 121 range because I skated down the track again! It's freakin hit or miss with moroso, it's so hard to test and tune there, it sucks!!

But I am very happy and pleased with how she ran, especially in this godawful weather!!! She's got a lot more in her, and i'm gonna get her on a dyno tomorrow to see exactly where I should be shifting her, but I got my best runs around 7300 - 7400, that's what she seems to like! But all in all, she did really good, especially considering she's built and geared for big spray and I couldn't be happier, she's gonna be a beast on the juice, and I should have a 10 second car on motor if I can get her hookin!!! My buddies Dave (Blueballszz) and Brian (think his name is Mechman on here) built me a badass motor and I couldn't be happier, thanks guys!
Old 07-07-2005, 07:38 AM
TECH Junkie

I know you're glad to be back racing again Devon. Look forward to hearing what the car does on gas.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by next
I know you're glad to be back racing again Devon. Look forward to hearing what the car does on gas.
Yeah, thanks dude! By the way things are lookin with moroso, probably gonna have to hit bradenton to use the gas, i'm scared to even try it at moroso, I don't wanna die, that ****** track is rediculous!
Old 07-07-2005, 08:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

It sounded awesome and the burnouts..........your smokin the slicks like the big boys now. Congrats dude!
Old 07-07-2005, 08:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats. come to BMP. good god. high 1.6 is a joke with your tire combo and setup. no reason you arent in the low 1.4s and bustin some serious ***!

7400 rpms on a hydraulic roller motor? WOW!
Old 07-07-2005, 08:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
congrats. come to BMP. good god. high 1.6 is a joke with your tire combo and setup. no reason you arent in the low 1.4s and bustin some serious ***!
Tell me about it! It's that bad I will be lucky to see 1.7 60's on MT D/R's............Dave said they told them they barely prep the track because of the amount of rain we've had. When you can hook better on the street than you do on the track...... Still NO excuse whatsoever. I couldn't believe the guy in the Nova saved it on the track on his license runs........spun in the center of the track and didn't hit any walls but he came close.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by racer88
Tell me about it! It's that bad I will be lucky to see 1.7 60's on MT D/R's............Dave said they told them they barely prep the track because of the amount of rain we've had. When you can hook better on the street than you do on the track...... Still NO excuse whatsoever. I couldn't believe the guy in the Nova saved it on the track on his license runs........spun in the center of the track and didn't hit any walls but he came close.
Oh yeah, he was like a **** hair away from it, very good save!!!
Old 07-07-2005, 10:06 AM
TECH Junkie

7400 rpms on a hydraulic roller motor? WOW!
Well, I don't know about 1.4's, i'm runnin 3.73's and 28's and a tight 4000 converter for the spray, but with the power she's pushin out, I should easily be in the 1.5's on motor, moroso sucks ***!!!! And yeah, I was surprised it wanted to shift that high too, especially being a stroker! Allan built me a badass cam and TEA a badass set of heads, can't wait to get a 90/90 setup for her and really let her breathe!!!! It was funny, last race of the night I had already swapped tires and had my slicks and jack and tire iron and everything packed in the car, and Brian wanted to run street tire to street tire, so we did and it was really funny, I rolled into it so slowly (and brian had been practicing on his street tires all night), so all the sudden I see him just pullin away, so I said **** it and ****, if I spin, I spin and nailed it and she held, I was probably rolling till like the 60' though before I punched it, I got a 2.26 or something 60' and went 12.25 @ 122.xx!!!! Brian ****** cut a 1.9 on his street tires and went 11.98 @ like 117 or something!
Old 07-07-2005, 10:08 AM
TECH Junkie

It sounded awesome and the burnouts..........your smokin the slicks like the big boys now. Congrats dude!
Yeah, I wasn't used to it pullin through so hard in the burnout, usually it would bog a bit when I went to third, but my first burnout I went to third and she just flew up to 7000+ rpm and I did a really nasty burnout, ended up getting 'em so hot that the rubber that flew off and caught in my wheel well was on fire and smoking!!!! Funny ****, didn't go past second in the burnout after that, I learned my lesson!
Old 07-07-2005, 10:43 AM
11 Second Club

Awesome runs man, definitely in the 10's n/a, just need some traction!!
Old 07-07-2005, 01:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Fade2blk500
Awesome runs man, definitely in the 10's n/a, just need some traction!!
Thanks man, probably gonna have to hit a different track to get the traction i'm lookin for, the damn street right outside the track hooks better than the track does, it's really rediculous!!!
Old 07-07-2005, 04:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ya know, i heard it rains at BMP too thats a lame excuse by the staff at moroso.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

ya know, i heard it rains at BMP too thats a lame excuse by the staff at moroso.
The track prep pretty much went to hell when Jay the previous Mgr quit. The new Guy though, was a bracket racer. Everyone at first was very happy to hear about this new guy thinking for once we'd have consistency and a hooking track. I know that when the dewpoint is low like in December and I can go there and cut the same 60' I can at BMP, between prep and nice air you know the variables. But soon after he left in Feb I believe or late Feb...........it since went downhill for me anyway. When I can't cut below a 1.92 in my car then head to BMP and cut a 1.80 or lower........what's the dilly? It sure isn't my same tires or PSI or suspension.

My true attest to this track not being taken care of as it was the last few years with Jay will be in the winter when it's alot drier out.

I can see them saving the time and labor and cost to prep due to rains........but for god's sake when you have fast cars making license runs that should be a clue you need VHT!

They have been having issues down before the 1/8th the last few times I've been there seeing cars get all out of shape and squirrely.

There is always BMP
Old 07-08-2005, 06:50 PM
Launching!

That track sucks. Thats why they only have import events there.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:02 PM
TECH Junkie

They have been having issues down before the 1/8th the last few times I've been there seeing cars get all out of shape and squirrely.
Yeah, like between the 1/8th and 1000 foot mark is where the *** came out quite a few times and I had to get out of it! It's pretty scary to start loosing the rearend that far down the track at high speeds!!!
Old 07-08-2005, 07:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Stefan D.
Yeah, i'm probably gonna have to go to bradenton whenever I want to spray, cuz I am seriously just scared to do it at moroso after what was happening wed just on motor!
Old 07-08-2005, 07:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Stefan D.
off topic - Stefan you still running PRO?

Eric
Old 07-08-2005, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Stefan! Long time since we've heard from you.........hope all is well.

When you get a chance, stop on by www.pbfbody.com
Old 07-08-2005, 08:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by next
off topic - Stefan you still running PRO?

Eric
Hey Eric, off topic, but I got a question for ya. She's been running a little hotter than she used too since I put the motor in, got a 160 t-stat in the meziere pump, fans set at - First stage fan on 180, first stage fan off 175, second stage fan on 185, second stage fan off 180, and when i'm cruisin around, the right edge of the needle is sittin on the left edge of the 210 marker, and there used to be a little space between there. It's not overheating or anything, but it's just higher than it used to be and it's startin to bug me, don't want to ruin anything, ya know! So what do you think, do I need to set the fans lower, should I take the t-stat out, is it fine where it's running? Let me know what ya think, thanks dude!
Old 07-08-2005, 08:23 PM
TECH Junkie

I've never had much confidence in our temp gauges. Mine always reads higher than the motor actually is. I wouldn't worry too much about it, but you could lower the fans a little and see if that makes a difference.