Please post your FM11 & FM13 cam only performance results (track & dyno)

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 08:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know it's not stock- put it that way. Even with dynotech cats and a hooker catback, it's very noticeable. I don't have any other experience with cammed LS1s to compare to, but there is no mistaking the car for stock. Even with a very general tune on the car (just enough to drive it), it's not hard at all to live with. It's never stalled on me, although it acts like it wants to on warm starts and if letting the clutch out if much over idle rpm. Car should be going in this week for a full tune and dyno time (with ORY pipe), so all that will be remedied.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my car idles like stock, just doesnt sound like it, the car doesnt want to die at all. just went out for a ride this weekend and with stock rear end, 3.42 gears, the car would smoke the tires in 1st and second gear on accel, have yet to have a wot run in 1st gear and second gear, just can do it. into 3rd and 4th she can go wide open, just dont wanna bang the gears hard or it will light the rear tires up. this is all with afr 205 heads unmilled, ls6 intake, f13 cam. i would hate to see how she would run with milled heads and bigger intake lol.

last time when we went out my dad was driving and between 80-90% throttle in 1st (actually went wide open in 1st but the spin was horrible so he backed out to 50%)and 2nd, lost of tire spinning and a loss of 0.60 second shift to 3rd due to a loose shift ****, the car is 0.1 sec faster than full bolt ons from 30-80. so take that shift time loss the car is about 0.70 sec faster no considering the loss from tire spin. these are the only times i have for it, no track visit yet, but i think thats a pretty good gain for not going wide open and still having tire spin
Old 07-18-2005, 10:03 AM
Staging Lane

I put down 433 with a closed cutout, 440 with an open cutout with an FM13 and FMS stage II heads. That included ALL supporting mods (LS6 intake, ported TB, full exhaust, pulley, etc.) through an M6 on the stock rear/DS.

The cam will DEFINITLEY not dissapoint you!!!
Old 07-19-2005, 09:57 PM
Teching In

I have a 2000 SS Camaro with 205 AFR heads, longtube headers, zo6 intake, SLP throttle body, F13 cam, 255 fuel pump, 30lb injecters, SLP mass air flow meter. The heads were shaved 20 that made the compression ratio about 10.5.1 Futral Motor Sports tuned the car but it had blown head gasket. While on the dyno it was pushing water out of the radiator every time he made a pull ------ it made 430 rwhp with a blown head gasket! With the tune the car has never died at a stop light. It drives really good. I drive this car to work offshore and it gets 23 miles to the gallon. Allen did a great job tuning the car!!!! Yeah the idle is rough but there is no stalling after tune. It ran 11.60 @ 119 MPH with BF Goodwrench drag radials with a 1.8 60 foot
Old 07-19-2005, 10:07 PM
Teching In

I have a 2000 SS Camaro with 205 AFR heads, longtube headers, zo6 intake, SLP throttle body, F13 cam, 255 fuel pump, 30lb injecters, SLP mass air flow meter. The heads were shaved 20 that made the compression ratio about 10.5.1 Futral Motor Sports tuned the car but it had blown head gasket. While on the dyno it was pushing water out of the radiator every time he made a pull ------ it made 430 rwhp with a blown head gasket! With the tune the car has never died at a stop light. It drives really good. I drive this car to work offshore and it gets 23 miles to the gallon. Allen did a great job tuning the car!!!! Yeah the idle is rough but there is no stalling after tune. It ran 11.60 @ 119 MPH with BF Goodwrench drag radials with a 1.8 60 foot

Quick Reply: Please post your FM11 & FM13 cam only performance results (track & dyno)