1046rwhp supra at the track.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 04:15 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 30th t/a
*****THIS JUST IN*****
the supra blew up yesterday. i heard he called the shop that built his motor and told them it spun a bearing. they asked what oil are you running, he said 10w30, they said thats the problem right there...you should have been running 20w50 since the motor only had 200 miles on it.

brad i did hear that he went low 11s not sure what MPH
can u say dumb *** here is the vid from the track that night. There is other stuff on the vid but towards the middle is harry potters run. enjoy http://videos.streetfire.net/player....1-C40FE9EC943E
Old 08-30-2005, 04:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have a local guy who's 6 speed t88 supra put down a bit over 800 rwhp. It ran 10.0x in the upper 140's on et streets and skinnies. This kid is an idiot with too many hand outs from daddy. It's people like him who give the car a very bad rep.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:44 PM
Teching In

Ok, first off. Im not hear to start **** just set you guys straight. I dont know who any of you guys are .. just like none of you probably know who i am.

A few things. The turbo is not a T88, that is lameman's terms for someone that hear's the numbers 88 and throws a T infront of it and doesnt know what that is. It is a GT47-88. 6" inlet. 5" outlet .96A/R .

The car ran at the track for the FIRST LAUNCH in its life tiem. Brand new setup over a 77mm turbo, which is a huge difference. This thing starts to spool around 5500 and hits full boost at 6200 peak power at 8200. Now i know most of you guys dont know what lag is because you have instant torque. But when you run a 88mm turbo on a 3.0lt motor, **** isnt easy. And when you have a 6psd.

To launch a car like that manually (without a twostep) is near impossible, let alone doing it on the first try. So if you watch the video you will see that the car bogged, and when it does that there isnt anything you can do about it . You either launch it well or not and unfortunatly the first time down the track.... it wasent well. So the 60' was 2.4 and if someone can tell me where i start to spool i am well past the 60' mark and still trap 130mph! that is still haulin ***.

Anotehr reason i didnt go ***** to the wall on the first pass, which i dont know who would on a brand new setup. Is the tires, i was running 18" drag radials, and if you know what your talking about in the supra world. 18" drags + 6spd = broken parts. I just went to the track to see how it handled and what needed adjusted not to break any times or make ls1 guys like me. Soo i tried it again, this time with some ET's on teh back on rx7 wheels. that were smaller than my front tires. So the launch was alittle better not decent, and then when i caught boost in 2nd the car automatically whent sideways, which is why i let off and coasted down teh track to a 15.0@ 78mph.

As for the bearing, The car didnt blow up. THe car still idled and ran... its just the rod bearing something wasent clearecned right and needs changed. So i pulled the motor back out and send it to the builders to have fixed. It made 1038rwhp ... it needs refreshed. no big deal.

And for the fact that you guys are callin it a 1000hp supra running 13's just proves the fact that you guys all have misleading information. The car was only running 23-25psi. which isnt anywhere near the efficency range of the turbo and was probably around 700rwhp. not 1000.

So i would appreciate if you guys got your facts straight before you go and post ****. You guys obviously dont know anything about me or my car, so i dont get why you guys feel the need to bust ***** ... AFTER THE FIRST GOD DAMN RUN! ... i think its funny that you guys would expect a car as this to go ***** to the wall without ever launching it ect... and bust out a great time... you guys are nuts.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 04blksnake14
well I personally know the guy it made 1038 whp at like 8000 rpm in this case its a more money than brains deal on this one.... the car deff has potential with a real driver..... he flew in justin nenni to tune it he should have flown in ryan woon to drive it. some people have it some never will, cmon he drives barefoot and i was worried about racing him i could pull plug wires and still run 13.0 his second run was a 15.0 at like 120 in his case i have only one comment automatic or pro driver otherwise take it home

who are you and dont worry you still should be worried about racing me. 15.0@ 120 your on crack. it was 15.xx cause i let off in 2nd gear and coasted to a 78mph trap.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

damn yins are a little harsh on him
Old 08-30-2005, 04:52 PM
Teching In

this car is supposivly the 4th most powerful supra in the nation. i know hes running a T88 turbo 5" downpipe. the car is a 6 speed and i heard it weighs 3800-3900.

1st & best pass on 315s he ran a 13.04@129. 97mph in the 1/8. talk about lag....OMG! its honestly..3-4 seconds before the turbos spools. the people he's friends with, told me he makes 250rwhp at 5000 and makes 1046rwhp at around 8000. that is on race gas. it was nice and cool out. about 60 degrees when he was racing.
Arent you from butler, and have the white ta?? Oh yeah i have a video of me roasting you on a small turbo at base boost.... must of forgot that huh. Get your **** straight man before you start a thread to bust my *****. Your facts are obviously passed down a line and you dont kow what your talking about. 4th powerful supra in the nation?? Did you read that on the internet? Key word in the thread "HEARD"
Old 08-30-2005, 05:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 72chevy2
A guy just bought that car here in Raleigh - I saw it in person about 2 weeks ago - **** is GORGEOUS.... it came from the vegas area didn't it?
If he bought it from Garth here in Vegas, that is a very sick Roll race car.
There was a video on our local board not to long ago where they ran it to GPS measured 210 with incredible ease and more left in it.
On the old setup with out the spray I believe Ryan Woon ran it into the tens, but it never left like it should(manual).

He also took down a few turbo Busas, but doesn't every Supra?
Old 08-31-2005, 12:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SteelcitySupra
who are you and dont worry you still should be worried about racing me. 15.0@ 120 your on crack. it was 15.xx cause i let off in 2nd gear and coasted to a 78mph trap.
sorry about the trap speed wasnt sure thought it was high
well anyhow get it fixed and practice launches... I hope u get ur 10 sec e.t Good Luck
Old 08-31-2005, 09:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Arent you from butler, and have the white ta?? Oh yeah i have a video of me roasting you on a small turbo at base boost.... must of forgot that huh. Get your **** straight man before you start a thread to bust my *****. Your facts are obviously passed down a line and you dont kow what your talking about. 4th powerful supra in the nation?? Did you read that on the internet? Key word in the thread "HEARD"
no im from saxonburg ..not butler yea i remember the vid. you said your car was making 460-470rwhp & you had drag radials vs my 416rwhp street tires...YAY!! you won yay!!! never said you didnt...but with what you had vs what i had...**** I hope you would win. the sad thing is you didnt start pulling till i hit 3rd gear....AND I WAS MELTING THE STREET TIRES IN 1ST AND 2ND! please post the vid i dont mind. im not embaressed or scared to loose a race either...i just love racing.

no i didnt read this **** on the internet... YOUR F'N BUDDIES DONT KNOW WHAT THE HELL THERE TALKING ABOUT! ...not sure who was saying what exactly...but i heard it from 1 of your followers. all I hear is " JPs car make 1000rwhp, JPs car is the 4th most powerful supra in the nation...bah bah bah!! tell your buddies to get THEIR **** straight before they go BLABBIN to every person in butler.

i wasnt really making fun of you either. i didnt even have a problem with you at all. i was just saying what i saw at the track and WHAT I HEARD FROM YOUR FRIENDS!!
sorry the most talked about 1000+rwhp supra in my area goes out and runs 13s and then is blowing up 2 days later is something to talk about. im not the only person that is thinking this way either. I can garunfuckingtee if my TA was making 1000 and i ran a 13....look the **** out..you mean you wouldnt talking about that to your buddies????

i was actually getting excited to race the big bad supra with my new setup (in sig) but i guess ill have to smoke a kenne bell cobra instead
JP anytime you want to try my new setup out get ahold of me...and no were not gonna go from a 100mph roll!

Last edited by 30th t/a; 08-31-2005 at 10:16 AM.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 04blksnake14
sorry about the trap speed wasnt sure thought it was high
well anyhow get it fixed and practice launches... I hope u get ur 10 sec e.t Good Luck
collins quit being a ball licker...dont be shy. come out and introduce yourself. ryan hows your black 2004 cobra? get your pulleys yet...lol!

Last edited by 30th t/a; 08-31-2005 at 09:42 AM.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:27 AM
TECH Junkie

by the way JP....talk about me bashing...on your 1st pass derrick insisted that you started out in 2nd because the lag was so freaking bad. come to find out that you actually started in 1st . i was like what the hell??? thats alot of lag. so i wasnt the only person thinking WTF?!?
Old 08-31-2005, 11:15 AM
Teching In

by the way JP....talk about me bashing...on your 1st pass derrick insisted that you started out in 2nd because the lag was so freaking bad. come to find out that you actually started in 1st . i was like what the hell??? thats alot of lag. so i wasnt the only person thinking WTF?!?
Im not here, to **** you off or create problems between us. Its just pisses me off, when i see **** like this on a forum that i dont have a apart of, coming from people that i hardly know. No doubt your car is going to be bad ***, but if your going to judge my car off of the first run. Your in for a rude awakening. Haha, i dont know why he would say start in second that is just stupid. Boost doesnt come in second till 70mph, that is one hell of a slip job on the clutch to keep it high enough in the rpms until i hit 70mph. but anyways man, good luck with yoru setup mine should be back on the road in 3-4 weeks. and hopefully yours is done.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:16 AM
Teching In

collins quit being a ball licker...dont be shy. come out and introduce yourself. ryan hows your black 2004 cobra? get your pulleys yet...lol!
ryan collins?
Old 08-31-2005, 11:27 AM
dug
Banned

turbo lag is a bitch
Old 08-31-2005, 11:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Im not here, to **** you off or create problems between us. Its just pisses me off, when i see **** like this on a forum that i dont have a apart of, coming from people that i hardly know. No doubt your car is going to be bad ***, but if your going to judge my car off of the first run. Your in for a rude awakening. Haha, i dont know why he would say start in second that is just stupid. Boost doesnt come in second till 70mph, that is one hell of a slip job on the clutch to keep it high enough in the rpms until i hit 70mph. but anyways man, good luck with yoru setup mine should be back on the road in 3-4 weeks. and hopefully yours is done.
good. i wasnt trying to **** you off. i even told erin & ryan...for being a inline 6 cyc. it sounds badass and i know your car is capable of more but with all the talk i keep hearing from the people you know... i was.... and alot of other people was expecting alot more.

i get along with all our friends derrick, dustin...etc. you can ask derrick cause he did say that. i dont know why he said that either. he knows your car WAY better than me. im thinking thats some bigtime lag or ****...maybe you did start in in 2nd because thats what derrick saying

i still want to line them up when there done...for a FREINDLY street race...on video. i dont care if i loose. i like to race. i got a couple other "potentially" 10sec streets cars that want to join in too.

if you can post the vid of you and me racing or is there a site where i can watch it?

Last edited by 30th t/a; 08-31-2005 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:34 AM
Restricted User

Butler, Pennsylvania.... Where the men are men and the sheep are nervous

kidding...
Old 08-31-2005, 11:36 AM
TECH Junkie

ryan collins?
yea you know him. ill let him introduce himself and his black 2004 kenne bell cobra and the silver evo and orange celica he used to have.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 2001 Pewter WS6
Butler, Pennsylvania.... Where the men are men and the sheep are nervous

kidding...
mark you can bring your slow turd up to race too. J/K
Old 08-31-2005, 11:51 AM
Restricted User

mark you can bring your slow turd up to race too. J/K
I'll race you at the track not on the streets... I will let you know when I am heading up for my maiden voyage and I don't think it will be a 12 sec pass... Unless something breaks...
Old 08-31-2005, 11:59 AM
TECH Junkie

i already know ill get killed at the track.....but id race anyway.