G5X-4/AFR205's = 9.91@133(1.246)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 07:38 PM
dug
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are the shift points and what is the rev limter set at? Just curious what the stock shortblock is capable of.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The stock shortblock will take an unbelieveable amount of abuse.
I have about 900 dragstrip passes and about 100 dynos passes passes on it at RPMS that make normal people cringe.I've even put 10 bottles of juice though it.

That being said, I don't street drive my car, maybe that is what's saving it.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:03 PM
I can shift faster than you.

Nice runs, especially on the stock shortblock!! Congrats! People don't give the stock shortblock enough credit sometimes.

Jason
Old 10-10-2005, 10:27 PM
9 Second Club

Bad ***

That is all
Old 10-11-2005, 12:10 AM
TECH Addict

freaken awesome
Old 10-11-2005, 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

01-Z , Nice Job!!! That is OUTSTANDING on a stock bottom end!!
Big, Big Congrats !!!
Ya now you are making it real hard for us old people to keep UP!!!!

Originally Posted by Jason99T/A
People don't give the stock shortblock enough credit sometimes.

Jason
Hmm, I guess not!
Old 10-11-2005, 02:54 PM
9 Second Club

Maggie good to see your still around.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ONEBADWS6
Maggie good to see your still around.
Yea, I'm still hear...seeing 01-Z an Magnus's supper quick times is getting me all fired up to get back out there again...and insteed of just wrenching on jr. comps and bracket cars!!!
Old 10-11-2005, 04:26 PM
FormerVendor

Congrats Sean

I support both Keith and Sean. I apologize to those of you who feel that Im supporting Keith more, It simply isnt that way and Im sorry that it came across that way. They both do outstanding jobs. Just think about it, 9s on the stock shortblock
Old 10-11-2005, 09:13 PM
TECH Veteran

good job sean, pretty good for a stock rotating assembly eh
Old 10-11-2005, 09:42 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Great job!!! That car is a freak. You set up the car awsome!
Old 10-11-2005, 10:36 PM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats Sean.

Coach
Old 10-12-2005, 03:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thumbs up

congrats Sean that car is really moving!!

Jamie
Old 10-12-2005, 08:13 AM
9 Second Club

Louis if you suport them both equaly why set one up to blow the other away and make it seem like they have the same combo when he fails? You realy now how to burn someone that put your G5 cams on the map....makes sence to me.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:13 AM
FormerVendor

Listen, Here is the deal.

Sean asked me months ago if the AFR 205s would fit with his cam if they were milled, or if he could just bolt them on in stock AFR configuration. I simply told him that if he had the heads laying around, and wanted to bolt them on, he could. Thats what he did. This was months ago.

About 4 weeks ago, Keith asked me to put together a combo with AFRs, and a no holds barred cam. Keith has been trying to get me to learn to use HP Tuners, so we worked out a deal that I would provide the heads, cam, and installation in return for an LSx Hp tuners lesson and key. Seems fair to me.

At this point, Keith and Sean had no plans to race, as far as I knew.

I had not heard from sean in a few months regarding how his AFR/X4 setup went, or if that ever materialized. We ALL know how he keeps his performance and new mods under wraps. You guys know how long he had run a 9 second nitrous pass, before he ever posted? A LONG time

I never set sean up for failure, I just built keith a combo that I thought would work well for him. That is all. Nothing more, nothing less. You see, I never had an ounce of input on seans combo, save for the cam setup. That is all we ever did, cam only. Look at his track record. X2, X3, X4.

When I found out they were racing, I didnt know what to do. OK, thats great, 2 Heads/cam cars are racing. I already had keiths setup in the works, cam was complete, heads were on their way, and everything else was slated for install.

The little info I had heard about Sean was not much. I read somewhere he was going to aluminum rods, and he contacted me about a solid roller grind and if box stock AFRs would fit with his cam. That is it.1 maybe 2 PMs in 6 months.

See, you guys only hear half of the story. I already told Sean in PMs yesterday that I would be at his door step in less than a week to add an even more aggressive cam, pull the heads and mill them down for 11.5 or more, and get the right head gaskets. All at my expense.

I understand that I never congratulated Sean, I could have sworn I did, but I never posted. Like I said, I apologize and I cannot believe I did that.

With all that on the table, and with the stakes of this "Race" now becoming more and more important, what does sean do? States, "We are done, Ive overnighted a TRex"

With statements like that, and not willing to understand that I screwed up, what am I supposed to do?

You can bet sean will go to the extent of taking every last ounce of weight out in that car, and milling the heads, and I bet he would even go to the extreme to cut out his current roll cage because he knows they wont kick him out at US41 for not having it.

So what was once going to be a fun day at the track is not fun at all any more.

Sean states that he doesnt feel appreciated? Again, all I ever had to do with him were cams. One after the other. He did well, and so did our cams. When he would get to the end of the performance on one, I would send another. He wanted a solid roller grind up next, so I figured he was moving out of the stock block arena, and building a motor. Great, Ill continue to provide him with cams.

If you guys were in my shoes, what would you have done?

Louis
Old 10-12-2005, 12:23 PM
Retired Street Racer

Originally Posted by Louis
If you guys were in my shoes, what would you have done?

Louis
I would have made your stance clear from day one. That way, you don't have to make a post like that.

See you on the 22nd
Old 10-12-2005, 12:57 PM
dug
Banned

I gotta check this out on the 22nd. TR vs. LG battln beer cans.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:21 PM
TECH Addict

Maybe you could have called me? Pm'd me?Asked how the car was doing?
I would have told you.This is the internet, I DID NOT wanna post anything other than a 9 second pass because the weather hasn't been equal to now(cam only times).
It's partially my fault for telling Keith what I was doing, because he had NO plans of putting heads on, that's why I told him.
I wanted to run 9.999 and throw the bottle back on, try and go for 8's and make everybody look good. Now that isn't going to happen.

You didn't know who Keith was racing? Please.

I do feel slighted, unappreciated, and disappointed but it's no one cares.
It's no big deal.
I race because it's fun and exciting for me, that's not gonna change.

We do things, suffer the consequences, and move on.
That's life.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:48 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

For the few of you who try to take stabs at Louis, its clear you've never met him. He would go out of his way to help out racers on this forum. You make yourselves look like real asses when you try to knock down such a helpful person.

Sean, as a vendor myself, you can't go and track down all of your top customers and constantly ask them how they are doing.. It would be a full time job.. You think you and I are the only people who help LG show their power? I doubt that. What prevented you from contacting him and talking to him?

You didn't want to go more agressive or you would have asked.. but because I DID ask and went more agressive now you're blaming Louis when you should be blaming yourself.

I tell you a lot about my setup and yet you still tell me little about yours.

I tell you I'm not doing lexan front and rear like you so you have a big weight advantage there.. and yet I have a slightly larger cam and compression and now its all uneven and unfair??

You're taking the fun right out of the race man and I think you're being very ungreatful for the things that louis has done for the both of us.

It's a shame that Louis is now put into a undesireable position just because he wanted to help out some ls1tech racers.

It bothers me that you can so quickly just jump ship from LG. What does it take to please you?

I wanted our race at mayhem to be for FUN.. and about good times, but now you're trying to turn it into a vendor battle. That's not what our race(s) should be about.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:00 PM
TECH Addict

*I* didn't turn it into a vendor battle.
Everyone can blame me. Call me ungrateful, I don't care.
*I* didn't make this public, nor did I care to.

Quick Reply: G5X-4/AFR205's = 9.91@133(1.246)