Something to ponder regarding records!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 01:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Bob, I know who you are. Now that you are done beating your own chest, I'm wondering why you would rag on John for wanting to make money, when its VERY obvious that we are spending quite a bit of money on this series and not making a cent on it. How is that "all about the money"? Its more like "all about losing money".

Also, you are correct, I don't know the relationship between you two. But, when you slam the series and anything money related about it, thats when I'm involved in the discussion. Your personal issues with John have nothing to do with this series or the investments involved.
i wasnt beating my own chest.. you questioned my knowledge of RAcing series and sanctioning events.. i have NEVER tooted my own horn on this site... i am not that type of person.. YOU ASKED, i supplied, what i feel, is ample knowledge regarding the questions asked..

The question was about "records".... give the other **** a break...
Old 10-26-2005, 01:51 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Bob, it doesn't take winning events or setting class records to "understand sanctioned racing". Its not like rocket science to read some rules and build cars to fit those rules. Your experience speaks for itself, but that doesn't mean those people that don't have records/wins are clueless about sanctioned racing. Its just not that difficult of a subject to grasp. It might be difficult to be the best at winning, but not difficult to understand it.

Anyways, no hard feelings here. Back to discussing records, as suggested.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Originally Posted by next
8seclt1 - well said.

I believe there are records, milestones and benchmarks.

Records are tracked within an organization. My guess is that some guys used their timeslips for comparison and along came the misjudgement that the internet was a racing organization. Now everybody says they have a record when it's massaged to whatever details their car is made of..
i think this is the member you should be talking to... this is who i replied to originally.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:42 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by 8seclt1
thats the thing, there is no "extreme mod stock cubic inch n2o" record..

its an EXTREME MOD record... thats why there is parity in the classes (or that is the goal)...
i never clamed to have the fastest extrem mod car, i just claimed to have matched/beat the record for the 346 n2o cars.
so even if its not the record, to date it is the fastest car running a 346 n2o setup. till someone goes faster.
i realy dont care, i'll call it a personal best, but for 2 years it was known, big mike held the "record" for this setup it gave us all a spot to aim.

and for what its worth, i went 9.48, 9.44, 9.43, 9.41, and 9.40
then backed it with another 9.44
so thats pretty consistant.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Noyzee
i never clamed to have the fastest extrem mod car, i just claimed to have matched/beat the record for the 346 n2o cars.
so even if its not the record, to date it is the fastest car running a 346 n2o setup. till someone goes faster.
i realy dont care, i'll call it a personal best, but for 2 years it was known, big mike held the "record" for this setup it gave us all a spot to aim.

and for what its worth, i went 9.48, 9.44, 9.43, 9.41, and 9.40
then backed it with another 9.44
so thats pretty consistant.
again, my point... you, to the best of your knowledge, have the quickest 346 N20 car.... no record, but a claim...

that is MY WHOLE POINT OF THIS THREAD... unless there is a way to moderate and keep track of this stuff in a controlled environment (racing series/sanction event) with rules that are used by all set up by a committee, there really arent any "records"...
Old 10-26-2005, 03:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't tell Keith.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:08 PM
8 second mod

again, my point... you, to the best of your knowledge, have the quickest 346 N20 car.... no record, but a claim...

that is MY WHOLE POINT OF THIS THREAD... unless there is a way to moderate and keep track of this stuff in a controlled environment (racing series/sanction event) with rules that are used by all set up by a committee, there really arent any "records"...
ok, fine. now im pissed. lol
either way, on ls1tech.com, right this second i have the fastest 346 car on spray. that can change any second tho.
i think the boosted list, and n2o list, and cam only list is a pretty easy way to get the "records/ fastest times"
getting to an ls1tech event, just to try to break a record is near impossable. if you have the first event, and the only extrem mod car that shows is a 12 secnd lt1, your telling me he gets the record just because it happend at 1 of 4 ls1tech events, all which are 12+ hours from my house.
to me, if you have video proof, and or time slip proof, and or reliable witness proof, then imo the record/ bragging rights/ faster car changes hands.
nhra record holders are the guys that get paid to race, and they go to every race. its a bit easier to keep track of that, and they are always racing the same time, so the record could change at any time.
anyway, i say lets try to get the series going, and go from there. first we need people to show up. lol 2nd we need a race closer to me.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Everbody has a opionion of how it should be done.
Mine is:A racing series with races around the USA set all "record runs" like NHRA/IHRA. Of course the ls/lt engine does not have the numbers in racing to support this.

So,the people on here that can't make it to a race or don't fit the rules still compare the times they can run, with the times others can run with like mods. Nobody gets paid for setting the Record or benchmark for a certain car/combo. Some just want to do it for fun. It is fun to push your car or the parts to the limit to try and beat some time that was set by someone you talk to on the keyboard. I wanted to try and go 6's before the guys in Australia with a gen3, no chance of us running on the same track. It still was great fun to do.

Kurt
Old 10-26-2005, 04:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Noyzee
ok, fine. now im pissed. lol
either way, on ls1tech.com, right this second i have the fastest 346 car on spray. that can change any second tho.
i think the boosted list, and n2o list, and cam only list is a pretty easy way to get the "records/ fastest times"
getting to an ls1tech event, just to try to break a record is near impossable. if you have the first event, and the only extrem mod car that shows is a 12 secnd lt1, your telling me he gets the record just because it happend at 1 of 4 ls1tech events, all which are 12+ hours from my house.
to me, if you have video proof, and or time slip proof, and or reliable witness proof, then imo the record/ bragging rights/ faster car changes hands.
nhra record holders are the guys that get paid to race, and they go to every race. its a bit easier to keep track of that, and they are always racing the same time, so the record could change at any time.
anyway, i say lets try to get the series going, and go from there. first we need people to show up. lol 2nd we need a race closer to me.
to answer your question, YES, if 1 car shows up and claims the record, he OWNS the LS1TECH racing series record until someone else breaks its..

I dont give a **** who has what record... but my question is, what is it a record of?
If you want to own the record of fastest 346/n2o/extreme mod/silver ta/on a 50degree day/under partly sunny skies, i dont care.. thats your perogative...

until then, you have the fastest 346/n2o/extreme mod combo on ls1tech.com compared to other internet racers... believe me, there are THOUSANDS of people who dont have the internet and go fast...

hope you understand
Old 10-26-2005, 10:09 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Everyone, a little house cleaning was in order to put this topic back on track. Please refrain from personal attacks and keep posts on topic.

Thanks.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:04 AM
FormerVendor

This post isn't to pick on anybody inperticular, but it's the only one I can think of right now. Take Joe O. He claims to have Naturally Aspirated Stock Suspended lt1 Record correct? That is going by your efi nationals rules correct? What if there is someone from the northern states running in a class that allows his car to be 200lbs lighter and use a better head and he runs a couple tenths faster, would that make his runs not count sense he doesn't run in the same class? If that's the case, then who decides which class would get to hold the record of fastest/quickest NA lt1? Once again I am not trying to pick on or offend anybody, I'm just trying to figure this out as I would like to shoot for the N2o lt1 record late next year or early the following season.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:55 AM
8 second mod

to answer your question, YES, if 1 car shows up and claims the record, he OWNS the LS1TECH racing series record until someone else breaks its..

I dont give a **** who has what record... but my question is, what is it a record of?
If you want to own the record of fastest 346/n2o/extreme mod/silver ta/on a 50degree day/under partly sunny skies, i dont care.. thats your perogative...

until then, you have the fastest 346/n2o/extreme mod combo on ls1tech.com compared to other internet racers... believe me, there are THOUSANDS of people who dont have the internet and go fast...

hope you understand
the first part you say here, yhea, its pretty gay considering what a small series the ls1tech is. and imo, a record can be set by anyone anytime.
and im not claiming to be the fastes 346 n20 ex mod sunny day bla bla, im claming to have the fastest 346 n20 set up on tech at this moment. it just happens to fit the ls1 tech ex mod rules.
when someone beats this record, im not going to be upset if it dont fit the rules, a faster pass is a faster pass.
if you have proof, then the bragging rights are yours.

either way, im mad now i dont hold a "record"
Old 10-27-2005, 08:01 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lt1camaroman93
This post isn't to pick on anybody inperticular, but it's the only one I can think of right now. Take Joe O. He claims to have Naturally Aspirated Stock Suspended lt1 Record correct? That is going by your efi nationals rules correct? What if there is someone from the northern states running in a class that allows his car to be 200lbs lighter and use a better head and he runs a couple tenths faster, would that make his runs not count sense he doesn't run in the same class? If that's the case, then who decides which class would get to hold the record of fastest/quickest NA lt1? Once again I am not trying to pick on or offend anybody, I'm just trying to figure this out as I would like to shoot for the N2o lt1 record late next year or early the following season.
Thats a very good question... and that brings up basically where do you draw the line...what you described I'd honor the time and gun for it most likely...But thats just me... But as mentioned if you are gunning for a record by all means necessary as in a shell with a engine then thats a personal goal... And I'll tell anybody to go for it...On the flip side going by every other racing organization it isnt a record , unless its conformed to a set of rules and done at a event and backed up...Theres many a racer, in many different sanctions. Who have been faster testing than in actual competition..but those times are not considered a record... Charlie Booze for ex. ran 8.5's the other weekend in Maryland ,but NMRA doesnt recognize that as a record...
Old 10-27-2005, 08:59 AM
10 Second Club

People use the word "record" very loosely these days. Therefor I have no problem whatsoever with people claiming to hold a record. For example, Juggernaut clearly has the record for quickest stock bottom end N/A LS1 f-body. While there aren't an organized set of rules, there are some basic rules that he has followed and others here have agreed to. Cam-only record, internally stock record, N/A M6 record, etc. I see no problem calling them records. Or are we just supposed to refer to so and so as the "current #1"?
Old 10-27-2005, 09:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Why even get together and race? Everybody just post up their timeslips and we can declare the winners
Old 10-27-2005, 09:21 AM
TECH Junkie

A lot of what is addressed in this thread is part of the problem that kills racing. Everybody wants to win but nobody is willing to go race. We've got 40,000 members and only a handful that will grab a lane and really race. So instead let's go ahead and justify the internet records that show everybody can be the fastest for what they built.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by PewterZ28
People use the word "record" very loosely these days. Therefor I have no problem whatsoever with people claiming to hold a record. For example, Juggernaut clearly has the record for quickest stock bottom end N/A LS1 f-body. While there aren't an organized set of rules, there are some basic rules that he has followed and others here have agreed to. Cam-only record, internally stock record, N/A M6 record, etc. I see no problem calling them records. Or are we just supposed to refer to so and so as the "current #1"?
but what record does he hold? Is it the LS1tech.com internet record?

Remember, there are alot of people who dont have access to the internet.

Wouldnt the proper wording be that he is currently the fastest cam-only/internal bla bla bla.......... on ls1tech.com?

I mean, if we can create our own records, then I have the fastest renegade mustang driven by a guy who was the first LT1 blower combo into the 8s on ls1tech.com... It'll NEVER END..

We need to, at bare minimum, create a set of rules to go by that are posted to have records!
Old 10-27-2005, 09:24 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by PewterZ28
this is a good statment

Next, dont get mad. for what its worth, i would love to make evey tech event, but you know how it is.
the problem is there isnt enoph comunication. people (including myself) just come on and whine about rules ect.
what needs to be done, is set the races, advertise at the tracks that will be holding the event(most tracks have a weekly flyer ect) let the locals see the race is coming, and hope everyplace you go, you will have your regular group of ls1tech guys, and many locals ect.
i think advertising this on more then a couple online boards will help alot.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:10 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by next
A lot of what is addressed in this thread is part of the problem that kills racing. Everybody wants to win but nobody is willing to go race. We've got 40,000 members and only a handful that will grab a lane and really race. So instead let's go ahead and justify the internet records that show everybody can be the fastest for what they built.

I agree Next. This "Internet Claim to Fame" crap is just glorified time slip racing. This is the same stuff that happened in 1999-2001 with ARE and myself. They claimed they were the fastest but wouldnt show at a race. I towed all over the country trying to be at the races they claimed they would be at but mysteriously they didnt show. It just showed all they were was timeslip racing.

225-343-9029
Old 10-27-2005, 10:15 AM
On The Tree

So your saying that because runs aren't made at a sanctioned event, that they can not be called records, only personal bests? And that anything anyone posts on the internet is in void because not everyone has access to the internet? So how is it that you hold any kind of F-body record, since the tech series just started, how is it that anything you've done in someone elses car a record? Your also saying because everyone on this site, because they haven't built their car for the series (because everyone has time to just go to the event) that everything their car has accomplish doesnt count?? Why is it that you THINK you make the rules? Is it because you race NMRA and your name is all over the internet?? Maybe its because you have been doing this from the 1990's?? These are only your suggestions, and as duely noted as they are, you can't take away from peoples best, regardless if there is someone else out there. It's called rasing the bar and everyone out there, always wants something to shoot for. Cause if we go by your theory, then you MIGHT not have been the first LT1 in the 8's maybe because people don't have access to the internet that someone else out there could have done it, you just posted it first.

THEE Bob Kurgan everyone RACING