New Best....11.2 Cam Only

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 07:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can drive just fine son, you the one who can't powershift.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:41 PM
11 Second Club

What was the DA in August when you were running 120+ mph? Same as the last time? Don't think so.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:42 PM
11 Second Club

Nothing ridiculous about my posts. I've called BS on your car when you were running 118.08 at 3440 lbs. All I did here was question why you only picked up 2-3 mph after losing 240 lbs and gaining 75 RWHP. Explain that one.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:46 PM
11 Second Club

Show me up? Ooooo. Wow, the gutted potatoe chip with a 236 cam is gonna show up the full weight steath cam and heads car.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:48 PM
11 Second Club

Oh but wait, didn't you pull the heads and mill them? That's right, so don't even bother going for the cam only list.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:08 PM
10 Second Club

i had to, i had to flycut due to the cam, when the heads were taken off to do that i had warped heads....mmm go figure 96k on a stock long block and shifting at 6300 everytime on the track. you know what that results in??? warped heads,mushy springs that i could compress w/ my hand, and a lifter that scared the cam. so they had to be milled to make them true again. so w/ that,flycutting and the rite gaskets it cam out to stock compression.

now that was on my stock 853 heads, and i did post and ask if stock 241s were aloud w/ the rite gaskets, you know what.....it is allowed.

DA in august was about the same.

i didnt pull the motor to 6700 SI i had the limiter set to 6600 due to the stock lifters, shifting at 6300/6400

my old dyno from TTP also shows the same curve SI when i was minor bolt ons.

-brandon
Old 10-24-2006, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

I am the one who tuned the car.... it pulled to 6500 on stock springs NO Problems... guess what... SO DOES MY VETTE (only mod is a k&n filter w ls6 intake). If the springs are worn they start to float... if they hold why not spin it? as for all the bs calls. why dont you come down here and watch him run whatever he is then you can go home and powershift your car on the way there to a high 11.

The reason he might be trapping a little lower than YOU would think could be a couple reasons.....
1. the wing could be hurting him( we need a wind tunnel to test it)
2. the air quality could have been dramaticallly different.
3. The car was merely street re-tuned before running at the track, still needs to get dialed in 100%

And if you dont want to race his gutted car... i have a nearly stock 99 c5 FRC w/ SI that you can run anyyyyy time.

Thanks.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chummmma
I am the one who tuned the car.... it pulled to 6500 on stock springs NO Problems... guess what... SO DOES MY VETTE (only mod is a k&n filter w ls6 intake). If the springs are worn they start to float... if they hold why not spin it? as for all the bs calls. why dont you come down here and watch him run whatever he is then you can go home and powershift your car on the way there to a high 11.

The reason he might be trapping a little lower than YOU would think could be a couple reasons.....
1. the wing could be hurting him( we need a wind tunnel to test it)
2. the air quality could have been dramaticallly different.
3. The car was merely street re-tuned before running at the track, still needs to get dialed in 100%

And if you dont want to race his gutted car... i have a nearly stock 99 c5 FRC w/ SI that you can run anyyyyy time.

Thanks.
This is a funny post. I like the way you can make fun of a car that sounds stock at full weight 3600+# on a 16 inch nitto with stock wheels the first time he went to the track on this combo. I know the car in question and I know its not even tuned yet. Is your vette a m6 car or an A4 car? Im pretty sure he will work something out if its a m6 car.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:50 AM
11 Second Club

Oooo, the guru has posted.

1. Wing: He's been 117.6 SI w/o it so it can't be hurting that much. But get yourself that wind tunnel time just to make sure.

2. Diff DA: He ran 116.72 back on May 12 of 05. Car was still in the 3440 lb or higher range. Ya think the air quality was dramatically better on that day than his last outing in October at 3200 lbs and 75+ RWHP when he ran 120+?

3. Street tuned: Well seeing as the car's been on a dyno and is infact tuned I don't understand this one.

Now that we cleared that up let's see what else we can look deeper into.

Rev limiter set to 6600 cause you were worried bout the lifters? So it's the lifters that are the weak link in the stock LS1 valvetrain and not the springs. Umm OK.

Yet your graph (redline) shows the pull went to 6700. Umm OK.

Motor spins to 6500 no problem but yet the springs were so weak you could compress them by hand. Umm OK.

Had to flycut for a 236 cam but a G5X4 fits w/o flycutting in a stock long block. Umm OK.

Break the seal on a long block by removing the heads and milling them and it's still considered cam only when you put it back together. Umm OK. Guess this doesn't make much of a difference since that list is BS anyway. Haven't seen anyone put to the test of pulling heads when they've set a record so it don't mean doo doo to me.

Guru challenges a 11.93 car with his supposed (LS6 intake and K&N) 12.24 car. Umm OK. Guess we now know where the hidden spray kit went. You sure they didn't make a 99 Z06 cause your times are in line with what a good running 01 Z06 runs. Must be that intake and filter. Or your amazing tunes. Is your name Spin Doctor?

If you're happy racing your gutted car more power to ya. I'm not into driving a shell. Like I said, I'm not calling BS on your current times, just your old times. The current times are in line for your current set-up.

Last edited by OhIt'sBeenBraughten; 10-25-2006 at 07:15 AM.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:09 AM
11 Second Club

Hey Chumma, how'd your car go from 109 traps to 116? Guess the same way your boy went from 112 to 118. Got juice?
Old 10-25-2006, 04:53 PM
10 Second Club

he ran a 12.6 w/ just a filter, then went to a ls6 intake and went 12.5. then he put a 50 shot on and sprayed in 2nd and and 4th gear thats how he ran a 12.2 @116.

i was and am street tuned. i did get on the dyno for 3 pulls to check the a/f and for numbers. im not even "dynoed tuned" its a street tune that is almost 100%.

it depends on the lift and duration of the cam to be flycut. chumma designed a cam thats 245+ that doesnt need flycutting.

well its not everyday that you just go into a motor and check to see how good the springs and lifters are. we found that out when doing the cam swap and valvetrain

i know what the SI dyno sheet looks like its sitting here w/ my 3 others. it hit the limiter at 6600. im not a dyno guru so it cant tell you why the tq went to 6700 or what ever. i know where my limiter, and my shift points.

y dont you go call BS on the other 20 some ppl on the SI list.

go cry to someone else. ppl on here know what my car is and was. i have no reason to lie.

and ive called ppl out when they called BS on my car SI so where were you when i said come up w/ $1k and id gladly open the motor, and while it was open they could see a cam go in also w/ their money....???

-brandon

ppl tend to shut there mouths when money come into play, and no one steeped up to my offer....
Old 10-25-2006, 04:55 PM
10 Second Club

if you dig deep enough im sure you could find all of my new best posts starting from when i hit 12.9s on here and on ls1.com
Old 10-25-2006, 05:20 PM
11 Second Club

I did call BS and you said you'd open her up for $1500 and prove it. I told you that you must be joking since BIG DOG street racers make those kinds of offers. Who would step up to that nonsense. If you're so honest you wouldn't have made such a ridiculous offer pal. It doesn't cost $1500 to do a cam swap and the cam's the only thing I was calling BS on cause of your dyno sheet.

If it hit the limiter it would show up on the dyno sheet.

Point is, a 236 cam didn't need fly cutting and you just reiterated that. So why did you flycut?

So your tunes pretty much 100%. A good street tune is actually better than a dyno tune that doesn't load the engine as much as a run on the street does. I'll see how my tune is (messed with HPtuners and LM1 for the first time) when I put the car on a dyno. I know what my AFR is at the top of 3rd and a little into 4th cause i grabbed the LM1 and looked at it right after the shift from 3rd to 4th which was a couple of hundred feet from the finish line with the 3.42s. I don't know what AFR looks like at TQ peak though so I'd like to make some dyno runs to check it. I'm happy with my gains over my previous lid/filter/catback runs which were on a better DA day.

I have called BS on some of them before. I didn't call BS on JFM's car, a car that I know personally and an ET that was garnered on a -2000 DA day. Makes sense the car ran what it did, when it did. It also makes sense what it runs today, Same as your new numbers. Not calling BS on your new numbers, just the small gain in MPH compared to your SI MPH in light of a drop of 240 lbs and a gain of 75 RWHP. If you don't see why I'm pointing that out then I can't explain it any better for you.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:25 PM
11 Second Club

PS: I'm done with this. I've made my point and I don't see you proving your point. I couldn't care less to see your car run today cause like I said, I find your current performace in line with your current mods.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:41 PM
10 Second Club

when iwas constantly on full fronts and DRs in the rear i was runninga 112/113 then i did 3 things, sealed the hood like the BG Ram Air setup, added skinnies over my motorsport z06s and removed the front sway bar, and i started netting 115s which i thought was a fluke until i went 114 and another high 115, learning the car and shifting and launching better i started tapping into the 115/116 ranges consistanly. evenually hitting what i thought was obserd of a 117. after reaching that milestone for myself i then turned to try to hit 118 then 119. i fell short of the 119 b4 getting the cam in.

ive been to the track 2 times being cam only, still feeling the car out adjusting my shift points/tires/launches. thats why it was only a 120 trap i will see a 122 once hitting those speeds and ets it gets harder to pull more mph and et from a limited cam only car. ppl didnt believe me when i was running those numbers SI, i dont blame them i was even in disbelief also wheni started hitting those numbers, but i started backing them up and running consistant times and traps.

if ppl really doubted my numbers shop or whoever they could find the money, im not gonna take time out to go somewhere to bet someone 100 bucks that im SI if someone wants to see it bad enough they can put the money up.

a single pattern 236 w/ 600+ lift needs flycutting. thats what i was told and needed to be done. im learning as i go w/ this internal stuff. someone w/ better knowledge of cam specs and what not hopefully chimes in cause im still new to it all.

-brandon
Old 10-25-2006, 05:44 PM
10 Second Club

so are you gonna call BS again when i go 10s after a new tranny? or when i try for 10.6s w/ the bigger cam im gonna put in????

-brandon
Old 10-25-2006, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

yeh i have spray... so what ? lol .

BTW if you can fit a 236 single pattern cam into a ls1 with stock heads w/o flycutting you sir are god. the reason your g5x4 fits w/o flycutting is because of the split durations.

hey if you got a problem with him going 11.2@120 thats all on you... i think its fast for a cam only unported heads car... but thats just me... dont be a hater b/c his car is quick.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:13 PM
11 Second Club

I dont know what to make of all this. Im not into the technical side of things, but I know my bolt on car that was heavier than his went 11.70 @ 116. That was with the stock rev limiter. Once it got bumped 150 rpms, then trap speed went up a little. Now with heads and cam, worse 60fts, and a car that weighs a couple hundred pounds more than his, it went 11.23 @ 123. Not trying to stir anything up, just provide a comparison with a similar car at the same track.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:29 PM
10 Second Club

thanks ali, oh btw you may wanna update your sig

-brandon
Old 10-25-2006, 10:01 PM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

For the record, Durien's car ALSO touched 118mph as a bolt on (6 speed) car and also went on to run an 11.2 (at 122+ I think) as a cam only car.
Brandon's SI/bolt on numbers, though astronomical and quite hard to believe just like Durien's and Ali's were, are still not outside the realm of possibility. Good driving, good traction and good air can go a LONG way when trying to pull every ounce of motivation from the mighty LS1.

Quick Reply: New Best....11.2 Cam Only