9800 RPMS of Pure Fun:) Sneak Peak:)

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 10:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by revlimiter
Not trying to start any crap, just lettn some peeps that may not be too familiar with what she is trying to claim, just doesnt make any mathimatical sense with that video she posted, so maybe you should start pointing your finger another direction and stop veiwing, listening and learning things on the internet and taking them for granted.
I take nothing for granted.. on the internet or otherwise. To damn old for that ****.

David
Old 07-10-2007, 10:56 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Here you go. simple drag race analyzer numbers, 28" tire, 4.88 gear, 2.97 1st gear, 1000fwhp @ 7500rpm 347 inch engine, 3300lb f-body, non slider clutch dropping it at 8000rpm.

RPM gets up there pretty quick in 1st it seems, I'm sure they have a log to post but I dont see anything too hard to believe about this post. Especially since I have seen and watched the car myself and even touched it lol.

I'm sure they arent making 1000fwhp but thats the only power curve I had handy..
Old 07-10-2007, 11:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

KP , not sure what you were trying to get at, but they did not claim 7500 rpms... they claimed over 9800 rpms!!!!! do the math again with your analizer.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:16 PM
kp
8 Second Club

it says 10000 engine rpm at 60'
Old 07-10-2007, 11:24 PM
On The Tree

rael accurate anylizer youve got there, must be the same one someone else used
Old 07-10-2007, 11:28 PM
kp
8 Second Club

its more accurate then you think, at least there is something right there in black and white that supports my opinion.

Lets see your math.

And FWIW I can personally care less about how many rpm its turning, I just dont find it that unreasonable to call bullshit on - especially with a slipping clutch.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

rael accurate anylizer youve got there, must be the same one someone else used
Well I think your math is incorrect. It is a 3200lb car, makes 940fwhp, 2.66 1st gear transmission, 4.86 rear gear, 28X10.5 and WE HAVE THE LOG IN BIG STUFF. If you don't believe me I have no problems posting it. I have the best tuner in the country here right now and we are going back to the track in the morning. We turned it 8 times past 9800rpms as this was built for 10,200rpms. If you have good enough parts you can turn these things 10,500 and never look back. Look at pro stock. They turn theres 11,000+ every pass. The sneak peak didn't show any numbers so how can you say it is not right????? You are not correct by saying that. Once I have the final video posted, times slips posted and the log we will see. I have about 10 videos I will be posting once we have it 100% complete. There are also 15 people that went to the track with us including the track owner that will verify the 9800rpms if you don't believe the log. Do the math it does add up.

Amber
Old 07-10-2007, 11:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kp
I just dont find it that unreasonable to call bullshit on - especially with a slipping clutch.
If you remember correctly that was one of the possibilities that i mentioned in my first post.. and for an example since you asked- i use a 28 inch tire 3.12 first gear at the moment,4.86 gear and shift at 8400 rpms, my first gear shifts are right at the 60 mark. now lower that first gear to a 2.95 or so and rev it to 10,000 rpms and your math says it will shift at the same spot????? btw what calculater are you using??? would be interesting to see. lets just say they cross the quarter at 9800 rmps ( if geared properly it should go through at 400 to 600 rpms higher than your shift points ) with a 28 tall tire and a 4.88 gear it would be at 167 mph. thats simple math.. if they go that fast N.A.S.A will be calling them tomarrow
Old 07-10-2007, 11:50 PM
FormerVendor

I wouldnt call it assuming.. she said herself that ( the funny thing about that pass is that it went way past 9800 rpms ). i have enough experience with first gear ratios and video of my car and other cars to know that is a load of crap. the only thing i assumed is that they had the 2.97 first gear ratio instead of a 2.66 ( that would only help her theory ) i gave her the benefit of doubt she has an aftermarket gear set in it !
Stock Transmission gear set buddy 2.66. We changed rear gear ratios tonight to a 5.40 so now lets what it revs to. Don't believe me come see it for yourself. We test at every NMCA event, every weekend at the tracks and I am one of the only ones that posts videos and time slips. Most people are to scared. Notice I said it had a SLIPPER CLUTCH. That is what a slipper clutch is suppose to do. SLIP OFF THE LINE AND LOCK UP IN 4TH GEAR. I am sure you don't know much about how a true slipper clutch works.

Amber
Old 07-10-2007, 11:55 PM
FormerVendor

If you remember correctly that was one of the possibilities that i mentioned in my first post.. and for an example since you asked- i use a 28 inch tire 3.12 first gear at the moment,4.86 gear and shift at 8400 rpms, my first gear shifts are right at the 60 mark. now lower that first gear to a 2.95 or so and rev it to 10,000 rpms and your math says it will shift at the same spot????? btw what calculater are you using??? would be interesting to see. lets just say they cross the quarter at 9800 rmps ( if geared properly it should go through at 400 to 600 rpms higher than your shift points ) with a 28 tall tire and a 4.88 gear it would be at 167 mph. thats simple math.. if they go that fast N.A.S.A will be calling them tomarrow

Why would you go in at 400 to 600 rpms higher than your shift points. That makes no sense. Talk to Greg Anderson in Pro stock. Talked with one of his crew this afternoon about my setup. If what you say is true prostock is turning theres 13,000 rpms and I know that is not right.

Amber

Last edited by ls1 joe; 07-11-2007 at 12:02 AM.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:00 AM
FormerVendor

Here you go. Do this math. http://www.markwilliams.com/calculators.aspx

2.66 1st
1.97 2nd
1.43 3rd
1.00 4th

4.86 rear gear and enter the rpm at the bottom 9800. It will show you exactly what you say is not possible.

Amber
Old 07-11-2007, 12:02 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Six Speeds Inc.
Notice I said it had a SLIPPER CLUTCH. That is what a slipper clutch is suppose to do. SLIP OFF THE LINE AND LOCK UP IN 4TH GEAR. I am sure you don't know much about how a true slipper clutch works.

Amber
Well well, i know plenty about how a clutch works so all your mumble jumble isnt going to work on me, i use the ram 3 finger with a cintered iron disc. you really need to consult with someone before you post crap you know nothing about..... NOOOO clutch in the world is designed to slip all the way to 4th gear......it should be completely locked up before your first gear change, if you have a racepack on it you can tell if you centrifical weight is close because you can have it slip just a touch in your 1 to 1 gear change and it will et better. if you need some more help in this department, i dont mind helping, just please stop posting crap to peeps that may not know better. p.s. if you want your clutch to slip all the way to 4th gear you will never get it right and your discs will not last more than 1 pass.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:02 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Did you even look at the pic I posted?

Once again its not MY math, its called drag racing analyzer pro by performance trends. I think they even have a fee trial - load it up and then tell me about how full of crap it is when you put the proper numbers in. I just guessed a bunch of things but I wasnt too far off.

How do you know you are shifting exactly at the 60 foot mark, in 1st gear 10' makes a pretty big difference in rpm.

Its really a pointless argument, you werent there, I wasnt there. You call BS I think its possible - no one wins..
Old 07-11-2007, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Six Speeds Inc.
Why would you go in at 400 to 600 rpms higher than your shift points. That makes no sense. Talk to Greg Anderson in Pro stock. Talked with one of his crew this afternoon about my setup. If what you say is true prostock is turning theres 13,000 rpms and I know that is not right.

Amber
OMG just stop talking and name dropping, 400 to 600 rpms through the traps
Old 07-11-2007, 12:06 AM
FormerVendor

The ram is not a real clutch. Call ACE or better yet call Anderson. I am sure you have never seen my car go down the track but I can tell you this, come to the NMCA in Milan next month if you don't believe me. Just because you are upset we are calling BS on your math is no reason to get in a pissing match. I will post the Big Stuff Logs in the morning after we test. That should prove that what we are saying is correct. Also look at one of my other posts. I never said the clutch that was in the car in the video was right. As a matter of fact I posted that we blew thru that clutch and completely distroyed it due to the power level we are at. I also posted we had a new clutch from Bontifonte on the way for it. That is what i mean by real clutch.

Amber
Old 07-11-2007, 12:08 AM
FormerVendor

Also I posted we had no counter on the clutch and no base and it still wouldn't slip. That is on page 3 by the way. The video you can hear the clutch didn't slip and that was only the 2nd pass off the trailer when we turned it 9800rpms. I also never posted all of the video so how do you know it was in 1st gear we did? Doesn't matter if you believe me as long as the video, time slips and logs prove other wise.

Amber
Old 07-11-2007, 12:12 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks for the offer to help but we have one of the best clutch guys in the country here right now. If we need advice I will have him call you. And no this is not meant to be a smart allic comment. I do appreciate you trying to help but this thread was just to show people what a LS2 sounds like at 9800. Not get into a pissing match about what is possible and what is not. It is possible point blank.

Amber
Old 07-11-2007, 12:13 AM
On The Tree

Oh, i have seen your car go down the track last year when you claimed you put a new motor in it just for the race at milan and we were supposed to be shocked then. i dont think it went any faster than 10.70.. the day you helped tosto rebuild his trans at the track in case you forgot..
so just to help you out a little so that you dont have to rev 10000 rpms to go 60 feet, your clutch is NOT supposed to slip all the way to 4th gear
Old 07-11-2007, 12:16 AM
On The Tree

I think that you misunderstood my statements, i am not in any way saying that you cant rev an ls1 that high, simply the fact that at 9800+ rpms with a 4.88 gear and a 2.66 first gear and 28 tall tires would carry out way farther that what was shown.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:19 AM
FormerVendor

If you saw the car we went 10.24@135mph at that race. I think you have our car confused. Either way this is pointless arguing that is getting now where. They are going to post the big stuff log in the morning and then it will be over. If I am not right on the clutch slipping then hey I am wrong. Still does not give you the right to hijack a post you have nothing to do with. Oh and by the way that was a stock bottom end all we did was heads for that race. Alot of guys there know that.

Amber

Quick Reply: 9800 RPMS of Pure Fun:) Sneak Peak:)