Oh It's On Now. New Stock Suspension Record!!! 7.51@191!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 02:08 PM
7 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by y2khawk
i'm thinking it might be a 41 with the iron block But we'll only get one shot at it depending on how the track feels that day
Why only one shot?
Old 07-05-2008, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just jumping online to say congrats guys! Kyle called me as soon as he found out yesterday. Keep it up!
Old 07-05-2008, 02:13 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Phil99vette
Why only one shot?
25.5 Cert and over 3200 pounds. One shot at it without getting into a conversation with the track / event officials. I'm sure anyone can go anywhere and run a number. The next wave of bitching is going to come from everyone crying that we're too fast for the cert. Rightfully so, SFI and the other organizing bodies have done nothing to address it directly. Yes there are cars that have put up .30's and .40's at over 3400. Throw the cert into the works and it creates a sticky mess.

Who would have thought that we'd have stock suspension style radial cars running numbers that could qualify you in the middle to back of the pack in Outlaw 10.5 so soon.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:19 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by thechef
who is the owner of the orange car is it LSX powered?
Myself and 2001WS6vert. Yes...it's a little 364 LS2 Hydro-roller. We managed a best ET of 8.07 and best MPH of 173 at the event. That pic attached was my first major wheelstand. It went up a little higher than that and came down pretty hard which broke the Pass steering knuckle unfortunately. Despite the first round win, that put me on the trailer.

Don't want to hi-jack the thread...... Congrats to Tom, Joe, Matt and crew. Looks like that car is going to lead the pack the rest of the year.

Mark
Old 07-05-2008, 02:41 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlwnTA
Myself and 2001WS6vert. Yes...it's a little 364 LS2 Hydro-roller. We managed a best ET of 8.07 and best MPH of 173 at the event. That pic attached was my first major wheelstand. It went up a little higher than that and came down pretty hard which broke the Pass steering knuckle unfortunately. Despite the first round win, that put me on the trailer.

Don't want to hi-jack the thread...... Congrats to Tom, Joe, Matt and crew. Looks like that car is going to lead the pack the rest of the year.

Mark
Car looked great in the pic, you need to tie that front end down another inch or so.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:45 PM
7 Second Club

Thanks for posting the pics Phil.

It's pretty tight already....maybe 2-3" of travel. It was an "over" boost issue off the line....I need to leave around 8 PSI I'm pretty sure that was 12+. I have had trouble with my EZ Stage so I unplugged it for this event and had to almost start the staging process over. Still trying to get consistant...just need more seat/tuning time.

Mark
Old 07-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Great job guys! Somebody get Harlan a razor
Old 07-05-2008, 04:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Reckless
Great job guys! Somebody get Harlan a razor
LOL I was wondering if the skinny bearded due was him!

Congrats guys amazing runs!
Old 07-06-2008, 11:42 AM
Outlaw 10.5 Director

Thanks all! Stenod Racing really came through again. I could not ask for a better team than Stenod, Harlan, Gluski, Derty and Briggs. There are many hands involved in keeping the Red Rocket running so thanks to all for your help. The chassis is still a little green and needs a few more adjustments but given the fact that Harlan did the alignment in the pits at around 1am I am pretty happy with how things turned out. The tune up and the engine are spot on; Allan Futral came up with a new camshaft, Brooke at Callies hooked us up with a new 4in stroke crank, Diamond topped it off with a matching set of Pistons and Billy Briggs (formerly of W2W) assembled it with precision. Harlan provided the cal that lit the fire and the next thing I know the new precision 106 spools easier and faster than the precision 101 did last year. The addition of Derty's dual calipers really helped hold the car in staging; some minor sheet metal removal, the Percy's Speed Glass along with the Burkharht Fab 9 and an aluminum center section helped to get about 170lbs out of the car. These are the major updates from last year that I think directly attributed to the improvement in ET over last year. As Harlan stated earlier, there is more on the table but we will work on getting the chassis sorted out first. Thanks again to all and see you this Friday at Milan!!

On one quick side note, thanks for the post Kyle and I do hope to be in the hunt for the fastest outlaw radial car but for now I will have to settle for 2007 GMPP LSX Radial Champion with the fastest LSX radial car on the planet. LOL!!

Tom

Tom
Old 07-06-2008, 11:50 AM
7 Second Club

Tom,
Car looked great, what did you guys weigh @ 1320x? Isn't the min weight 3200#?
Old 07-06-2008, 12:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Min weight at 1320x was 3100lbs.

We were 3370 with Tom in the car. It was 3200 with me in it, too bad I can't reach the pedals
Old 07-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FSTR-THANU
Thanks all! Stenod Racing really came through again. I could not ask for a better team than Stenod, Harlan, Gluski, Derty and Briggs. There are many hands involved in keeping the Red Rocket running so thanks to all for your help. The chassis is still a little green and needs a few more adjustments but given the fact that Harlan did the alignment in the pits at around 1am I am pretty happy with how things turned out. The tune up and the engine are spot on; Allan Futral came up with a new camshaft, Brooke at Callies hooked us up with a new 4in stroke crank, Diamond topped it off with a matching set of Pistons and Billy Briggs (formerly of W2W) assembled it with precision. Harlan provided the cal that lit the fire and the next thing I know the new precision 106 spools easier and faster than the precision 101 did last year. The addition of Derty's dual calipers really helped hold the car in staging; some minor sheet metal removal, the Percy's Speed Glass along with the Burkharht Fab 9 and an aluminum center section helped to get about 170lbs out of the car. These are the major updates from last year that I think directly attributed to the improvement in ET over last year. As Harlan stated earlier, there is more on the table but we will work on getting the chassis sorted out first. Thanks again to all and see you this Friday at Milan!!

On one quick side note, thanks for the post Kyle and I do hope to be in the hunt for the fastest outlaw radial car but for now I will have to settle for 2007 GMPP LSX Radial Champion with the fastest LSX radial car on the planet. LOL!!

Tom

Tom

with the powerplant you guys have it could be a race to 200 mph once everyone gets their **** squared away. Between this car, LMR, and the Vetter Spetter tunes on, These are my picks to be the first to break 200mph on radials if someone hasnt secretly done it already.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:25 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Howie Felterbush
with the powerplant you guys have it could be a race to 200 mph once everyone gets their **** squared away. Between this car, LMR, and the Vetter Spetter tunes on, These are my picks to be the first to break 200mph on radials if someone hasnt secretly done it already.
Done already cant remeber who it was but it was at Memphis earlier this year.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:41 PM
TECH Veteran

if we're talking just 200 on a radial, it's been done. I don't recall the name of the driver, but i thought he made the pass and it hit the wall on the shut down.

Alex V has been 7.38 on a radial at MIR, which i believe is the number to beat these days. And i'm not talking LSx just overall.

as for LSwhatever over 200, W2W did that with Moran's old car a few years ago with a baby 352 cu in motor

The LS platform need not play in it's own little world anymore, it's going to be just as dominant as any other small block.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:49 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

With the new block I think you're right Harlan. Once the tall deck is done and available, and you can build a 500 CI setup that's not at max bore there's even a chance that the nitrous guys might be able to compete.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:23 PM
9 Second Club

Vrettos went 7.37 2 weeks ago @ MIR.

Great job on the car guys !!!
Old 07-06-2008, 02:26 PM
7 Second Club

Shannon Wren went 200 on drag radials.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:44 PM
Launching!

Heres the vid from Shannon Wren, 7.53 @ 200mph

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/S...-on_152455.htm

Anyway on to more important things. Major congrats...now I have to go cry over my slow Fbody lol.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Talking

Originally Posted by FSTR-THANU
Thanks all! Stenod Racing really came through again.

Tom

No Problem Tom..... Cant wait to meet up in Memphis..... If i remember correctly someone owes me a few drinks.....

Next time ill word it different so not to offend andyone

if we're talking just 200 on a radial, it's been done. I don't recall the name of the driver, but i thought he made the pass and it hit the wall on the shut down.

Alex V has been 7.38 on a radial at MIR, which i believe is the number to beat these days. And i'm not talking LSx just overall.

as for LSwhatever over 200, W2W did that with Moran's old car a few years ago with a baby 352 cu in motor

The LS platform need not play in it's own little world anymore, it's going to be just as dominant as any other small block.

Matt,

Alex V went 7.37 that same night....

Its going to be a fun YR for sure.....

Kyle
Old 07-06-2008, 04:53 PM
Banned

I was talking about on Radials whoever it was went 200mph...thats what I wasnt aware of.

As far as what W2W that has never really mattered to me..It was race against the clock were anything goes. Doing it around rules and classes is what makes it worthwhile and notable imo...Keep it up!

Quick Reply: Oh It's On Now. New Stock Suspension Record!!! 7.51@191!!