Old 01-04-2009, 07:57 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

more pics
Old 01-05-2009, 05:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by the_merv
I used a Proportioning Block from a '89 Z28 and got ahold of a Flaring Tool. I had to make one of the fittings a little bigger and use a different Line from the Master to the Proportioning Block for the Back Brakes. It works without a problem, I have LS1 Brakes in the front, and stock LT1 Brakes in the back.

The front Brakes aren't connected to it yet, but you get the idea.

id do it the same way but im running skinnies and would hate to lock them going pretty fast..im just gonna find a dual inlet/outlet proportional valve and do the lines myself cause im tight!!
Old 01-05-2009, 07:25 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cbra-klla
id do it the same way but im running skinnies and would hate to lock them going pretty fast..im just gonna find a dual inlet/outlet proportional valve and do the lines myself cause im tight!!
Though the base kits are rather inexpensive at 139.99 which include the proportioning valve and every fitting needed with preformed lines... (Proportioning valve alone would cost ~50.00 w/shipping from summitracing)...It may not be worth the efforts spent for a dollar saved...especially if you're picking up pieces from a variety of sources. Totaling up all costs...one will find they may not have saved as much as they thought.

...For the ones that do want to attempt it on their own...we are happy to provide any of the components needed. Give us a ring and list of components you would want/need.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
Though the base kits are rather inexpensive at 139.99 which include the proportioning valve and every fitting needed with preformed lines... (Proportioning valve alone would cost ~50.00 w/shipping from summitracing)...It may not be worth the efforts spent for a dollar saved...especially if you're picking up pieces from a variety of sources. Totaling up all costs...one will find they may not have saved as much as they thought.

...For the ones that do want to attempt it on their own...we are happy to provide any of the components needed. Give us a ring and list of components you would want/need.
i thought the cheapest dual inlet, dual outlet proportional valve i could find was over $100??? does your kit include a dual or single style??
Old 01-05-2009, 10:03 PM
FormerVendor

I'm not sure why you've chosen the dual style, but it can work as well...we do not use it. For whatever reasoning you chose them, if you prefer it, we can supply them to you as well. Obviously the route you're considering is going to cost in excess of what our preformed ready to install kits cost. You need to decide on how you feel is best to setup your car if you prefer to create a kit on your own. Let me know what you want and I would be happy to see what I can do for you. Please e-mail a list of components if you're interested.

The choice is yours. Sometimes its nice to stake claim of making something yourself for your own gratification. There is nothing wrong with that. Modifying each owns car can be fun. For the reason of saving money though doesn't always work as the best option once you add time, as well as material costs.

Good luck!
Old 01-06-2009, 11:02 AM
11 Second Club

Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

It took me about half an hour..just had to get a Flare Tool..
Old 01-06-2009, 02:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if you use a single inlet valve...i suppose you just T the 2 lines coming from the master cylinder into 1??
Old 01-06-2009, 04:06 PM
9 Second Club

Here's my set up (SJM's) just re did it now that I have the motor out, Was kind of a mess up in the area of the ABS block when I did it the 1st time - motor in the car.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^so you are just using the proportioanl valve for the rear brakes??
Old 01-06-2009, 06:43 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by cbra-klla
^^^so you are just using the proportioanl valve for the rear brakes??
Yep, it's a regulator - adjusts/lowers hyd pressure to the rears, helps to avoid locking up under medium - hard braking.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

SJM kit

Old 01-13-2009, 07:33 AM
9 Second Club

what do you do with the plug for the abs?
Old 01-13-2009, 08:42 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by tomz28
what do you do with the plug for the abs?
Cut it off or remove the wiring through the harness. Make sure all related ABS fuses are removed. Removing the wiring may take quite a bit of time.

side note, CWS T/A, your pictures and setup turned out very nice, great job!

Quick Reply: ABS Delete....What do i do??