Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kirkey seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 10:29 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by foggedz
The factory sliders are just as heavy stock seat itself. If you get a light weight seat and keep the stock sliders its not worth it to me.
def not disagreeing - I've just seen it done so that dif height drivers could drive it

TJ - the rear seat brace going to the cage was round tube with a larger diam round tube over it with holes drilled in it. simply adjust the seat, and put the pin in the slider hole.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by wlsmoku
def not disagreeing - I've just seen it done so that dif height drivers could drive it

TJ - the rear seat brace going to the cage was round tube with a larger diam round tube over it with holes drilled in it. simply adjust the seat, and put the pin in the slider hole.
that's how i've always seen them on adjustable sliders and i've never seen a track have an issue with them.

i dunno about the 17" seats for a 32 waist...im 6' 1", 175 lbs and athletic build with a 32 waist, and the 17's in a buddy's stang are HUGE. as in so huge that even strapped in the 5 point i move around a bit on launch. i haven't sat in a 15", but i've been seriously contemplating that size for my T/A and i doubt i'd be disappointed knowing how much room i had in the 17"...
Old 01-24-2009, 05:48 PM
Banned

annybody want to trade their kirkey/s for some other racing seats.. not as lite... but def. more comfortable.. i will include brackets and all..
Old 01-24-2009, 07:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have Hunsaker seats in mine, VERY comfy. Heavier but comfy.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:29 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TJ
you cant put a kirkey on a stock slider anyway. how would you would the back of the seat to the cage if the seat goes forward and bacK?
not safe without a rear support.
It's been done before. There's an adjustable rear slider than welds to the cage and to the back of the seat. There's an older thread on here that covers it.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:28 AM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
It's been done before. There's an adjustable rear slider than welds to the cage and to the back of the seat. There's an older thread on here that covers it.
cool deal.
long as it has a rear support.