Sponsored by:

stock suspension rules legality

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 11:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RayZ06
Hey
Madman&Co called me Friday,they lost there fabricator for the SYA Bars and cannot supply them.I sure hope they find another source.I bent mine over last year at ATCO and could use another set.

Ray T
I find this odd. I was at Madmans shop Friday night and all the fabricators are there and working. Being the the fab guy is madman himself unless he cut his hand off since friday night the fab guy is hard at work. Even Mrs. Madman is churning out parts and I can promise you that there are parts in stock and ready to ship since I saw them on his shelfs last night. Anything you heard on the contrary is a misrepresentation of the truth. Any of his approved venders just have to call madman and he will ship parts to them. You can find a list of those approved installers on his web site...or call him directly.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:28 PM
9 Second Club

okay here is what I intend.... as a result of this thread and talking to my chassis guy.... I'm going to keep the spohn on there until i bend it or break it.... at that point the madman t/a will go on there and i'll just get rid of my side exit exhaust and will terminate the exhaust at the end of the mufflers...

The bars are going on it with the stock panhard bar and we're going to experiment with the travel limiters and adding weight up front. My fabricator is going to do us a weight box like he's seen on outlaw drag radial cars out in front of the core support.... If we have to add 50lbs to the nose we will.....

and of course i'll go out to the track with about 13psi in the tires pre burnout and start leaving on a 225 shot..... instead of dead hooking the 150.....
thanks to everyone that replied.. this has turned out to be a good tech thread...
Old 01-31-2009, 03:46 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by 95 Formula
I find this odd. I was at Madmans shop Friday night and all the fabricators are there and working. Being the the fab guy is madman himself unless he cut his hand off since friday night the fab guy is hard at work. Even Mrs. Madman is churning out parts and I can promise you that there are parts in stock and ready to ship since I saw them on his shelfs last night. Anything you heard on the contrary is a misrepresentation of the truth. Any of his approved venders just have to call madman and he will ship parts to them. You can find a list of those approved installers on his web site...or call him directly.
You can just call it a lie if you want, because that's what it was. Thanks for watching our backs - like you said, we're here churning out parts for our customers and our approved vendors every day as always - despite any misrepresentations of the truth claiming otherwise.

Avoid nutswingers: for genuine Madman products, buy only from authorized dealers - http://madmanandcoracing.com/dealers.htm

Authorized dealer for AFCO, Mickey Thompson, and Strange Engineering

Old 01-31-2009, 08:30 PM
9 Second Club

yeah i had no problem getting my replacement SYA bars not too long ago.... steve, brian and the madwoman are always "taking care of bidness".......
Old 01-31-2009, 11:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
okay here is what I intend.... as a result of this thread and talking to my chassis guy.... I'm going to keep the spohn on there until i bend it or break it.... at that point the madman t/a will go on there and i'll just get rid of my side exit exhaust and will terminate the exhaust at the end of the mufflers...

The bars are going on it with the stock panhard bar and we're going to experiment with the travel limiters and adding weight up front. My fabricator is going to do us a weight box like he's seen on outlaw drag radial cars out in front of the core support.... If we have to add 50lbs to the nose we will.....

and of course i'll go out to the track with about 13psi in the tires pre burnout and start leaving on a 225 shot..... instead of dead hooking the 150.....
thanks to everyone that replied.. this has turned out to be a good tech thread...
I know where you can get a deal on a Madman TA right now if you want one.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:29 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default Oh ****

Originally Posted by madwoman
You can just call it a lie if you want, because that's what it was. Thanks for watching our backs - like you said, we're here churning out parts for our customers and our approved vendors every day as always - despite any misrepresentations of the truth claiming otherwise.
a

Now you've got the boss pissed!

How you doing Ruth?
Old 02-03-2009, 11:06 PM
Restricted User

yeah i had no problem getting my replacement SYA bars not too long ago.... steve, brian and the madwoman are always "taking care of bidness".......
Jason what does your stall stall up to with the T-brake? You might want to consider an even tighter converter to keep the front end down. Just one of the many solutions that are out there!
Old 02-04-2009, 12:42 AM
9 Second Club

my car stalls to about 4100-4200... it's actually the tightest one that ATI makes in this size to handle as much power as my car makes.... so unless I completely change converters (a 1200-2000 dollar option) i'm kinda stuck....

there's some things I can do otherwise... i don't class race and it's pretty much a heads up car... I want to get it to leave crazy as **** but barely touch the wheelie bars.... with them out there i'll feel more comfortable trying new things.....
Old 02-04-2009, 08:45 AM
7 Second Club

more than likely pulling power is making it hook harder when you were killing timing... tire speed is a friend of SS cars...
Old 02-04-2009, 12:00 PM
9 Second Club

yeah quite possibly..... I think the car was dead hooking due to psi as well as power reduction off the line....

as an aside however the radial guys (a la Brady) have to dead hook that tire or they will go into UGLY tire spin as radials do not recover like slicks.....

so they aren't doing it with tire speed right???? I know madman would have to get on here and divulge how you get a wheelie bar less car to carry the tires 2" off the ground for 300+ feet without going up on the bumper....
Old 02-04-2009, 12:08 PM
7 Second Club

DR's still need wheel speed but its just a very fine line of power managment and lots of power to go as fast as brady.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:38 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

yeah quite possibly..... I think the car was dead hooking due to psi as well as power reduction off the line....

as an aside however the radial guys (a la Brady) have to dead hook that tire or they will go into UGLY tire spin as radials do not recover like slicks.....

so they aren't doing it with tire speed right???? I know madman would have to get on here and divulge how you get a wheelie bar less car to carry the tires 2" off the ground for 300+ feet without going up on the bumper....

Right, radial slicks (I can't say about ET Streets) need to just about dead hook. They do not recover worth a damn. I don't know about a seven second car, but a nine second car will keep the front end down with tight front limiters, front shocks slowed down and correct weight balance will keep the front end down. Mine would go from scraping the bumper to carrying them a couple inches off the ground by making simple those adjustents. Normally knock three to five hundredths off my et in the process. Great big wheel stands (at least mine) are usually an "oops!" You need to make provisions to enable you to move weight to the front of the car when needed if wheel stands are an issue. Especially if you run on several different race tracks.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:36 PM
9 Second Club

You need to make provisions to enable you to move weight to the front of the car when needed if wheel stands are an issue
yeah we're discussing a weight box up front that we can fill with weight bags.. kinda like a battery box for metal "shot" bags.... i only want the wheelie bars for my "peace of mind" so we won't have any "ooops" moments like you talked about where I lose it into the wall.... and i'm eventually going turbo and low 8's so having the *** end figured out prior to big single on alchohol will save me some headaches...
Old 02-05-2009, 05:07 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

You coudl make a bar that you can attach weights to.. I've seen more hten one car that has that type of setup. Simple really, you could set it up to easily weight's from a barbell set if you did it right.

I'd look into that, couple bars with holes so you can slide a bolt in and out at a couple different distances, so you can add more then one weight if needed.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:42 AM
9 Second Club

You coudl make a bar that you can attach weights to.. I've seen more hten one car that has that type of setup. Simple really, you could set it up to easily weight's from a barbell set if you did it right.

I'd look into that, couple bars with holes so you can slide a bolt in and out at a couple different distances, so you can add more then one weight if needed
yeah i'd just need to check into NHRA legality.... don't think barbell weights would ever tech as safe.... want to do something that won't get me booted. but you're right something tubular would work...
Old 02-05-2009, 11:26 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I just used that an example. Something that you can hang a weight of some sort on would be a good way to do it. Mybe not an actual barbell weight, but that type of setup is what I meant.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:57 AM
8 Second Club

my car stalls to about 4100-4200... it's actually the tightest one that ATI makes in this size to handle as much power as my car makes.... so unless I completely change converters (a 1200-2000 dollar option) i'm kinda stuck....

there's some things I can do otherwise... i don't class race and it's pretty much a heads up car... I want to get it to leave crazy as **** but barely touch the wheelie bars.... with them out there i'll feel more comfortable trying new things.....
Just to ask Does ATI not give you credit for the convetor you have and as you stated you are going to turbo you will have to go to a tighter convertor. I would look at asking them what a diferent convertor would do. What inch convertor are you running. somthing else you ever see how much slipage you have when you trap a tighter convertor may pick the car up. Plus if you are going up you are not going forward.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:08 PM
9 Second Club

Yes ATI will give me a credit on the converter and will do a restall......It won't be free but it'll be less than going with a new converter... from what the tech guy said i have the tightest one they make in that dimension. I believe i have a 9" converter. Fuel/Blown line of converters with anti balloon plate....
Old 02-05-2009, 07:40 PM
8 Second Club

Yes ATI will give me a credit on the converter and will do a restall......It won't be free but it'll be less than going with a new converter... from what the tech guy said i have the tightest one they make in that dimension. I believe i have a 9" converter. Fuel/Blown line of converters with anti balloon plate....
Is this the same trans you are going to run with the turbo set up ? If so i will tell you if it flashes like that you will probably have to go to a tighter convertor . When i went from the jug to boost. It was a new game. My thought was if you went ahead got the tighter convertor now it would kill some of the flash and that in turn kills torque multiplication and that would get the front down and if you make enough power and it dont lug the motor at gear change it will be quicker. Just a thought. I run a bolt together Neal Chance i consederd a ATI but went with the chance. Just asking you been happy with them ? Had any issues with anything from them? I see alot of guys going to their stuff.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:19 AM
10 Second Club

If Jason goes low 8's when he goes turbo, he will need a new cage to be legal, probably go with a glide (my preference), and I would beef up that rear end, just to start. You got some saving to do Jason .

Quick Reply: stock suspension rules legality