Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

25.2 started...Pics of flooring & suspension

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 11:10 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I couldn't be happier with the results
except when you see the bill you crazy bastard..... what do you do again for work???? cause man i thought we were in a recession........

You a repo man for foreclosed homes???? seems like they're pretty busy.... LOL
Old 02-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

The work looks top notch. Please keep the pictures coming, it will be helpful to me hopefully in the near future
Old 02-03-2009, 12:38 PM
7 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DanZ28
Phil, I believe it's 98mm (PSCA), before that was 94mm I think and I'm not sure about the reducers, seems like some where running them. I'll probably just run the WCHRA and see how that goes. Have to compete against Bowman and some other pretty fast cars though so I don't really stand a chance lol, I just want to be consistant and not break too much stuff..
You definitely have the chassis looking good, make sure you build the motor to handle 1700-1900hp and put a good turbo on it and you'll be in the mix pretty easily.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:45 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
except when you see the bill you crazy bastard..... what do you do again for work???? cause man i thought we were in a recession.......

You a repo man for foreclosed homes???? seems like they're pretty busy.... LOL
We definately are in a recession, but I still have a job thankfully and I have some $$ saved up. What really hurt was the amount of $$ I lost in stock's , put a slow down to my build...

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
The work looks top notch. Please keep the pictures coming, it will be helpful to me hopefully in the near future
Will update from time to time. I travel a ton, actually in kentucky right now freezing my **** off, but will update with pics when I get home to Cali.

Originally Posted by Phil99vette
You definitely have the chassis looking good, make sure you build the motor to handle 1700-1900hp and put a good turbo on it and you'll be in the mix pretty easily.
Most of the engine will handle that, but I will run for a short season with what I have then upgrade a few parts like some BME aluminum rods, probably double O-ring (Are folks pushing that power with just 6 bolt heads and multi layer gaskets?) and solid roller. What would you recomend for a good turbo?

Dan
Old 02-05-2009, 08:14 AM
Race your car!

You think it's cold in kentuckey, come to CT LOL, it was -3 @ my house this morning.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:17 AM
10 Second Club

You think it's cold in kentuckey, come to CT LOL, it was -3 @ my house this morning.
I'm fine with the 8 deg here thank you very much, lol. I guess I just missed the big ice storm here. It is a wee bit colder than the 75 deg I left in Cali .
Old 02-05-2009, 08:19 AM
Race your car!

Cali weather is the only reason I'd ever move there.

Back on topic, are you going to put the brake master under the car or leave it in stock position? Also, any reason that you did as much of the 25.2 under the car as you did? I'm looking at doing a 25.5 on my next project and I wanted to keep as much of it inside the car as I could to make it easier to run a big exhaust on it and still be able to lower the car alot.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:47 AM
FormerVendor

. What really hurt was the amount of $$ I lost in stock's ,

Will update from time to time. I travel a ton, actually in kentucky right now freezing my **** off, but will update with pics when I get home to Cali.

Dan
Yeah, my wife and I were looking at our tax stuff last night getting ready to send it over to our accountant.....MAN we took a HIT on our stocks and mutual funds We have got a pretty cool account at our CU, it is called a MAC, mininum of $2500 and a maximum of $25000, but it pays 10% as long as you have 10 debit transactions a month in it. So, my wife has an account and so do I, and I go to my local grocery store and I buy 20 items, and I swipe the card for each item (10 for each card) and bam, my 10 debits for each account.

It is @ 55* in Houston this morning with a high of 74* today

You car is fawkin sik!! Luv it. Work is top notch, chassis should definitely work! ya got any more pics of it?
Old 02-05-2009, 09:00 AM
7 Second Club

Call Shawn and get a Pro-mod 98.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:18 AM
10 Second Club

Back on topic, are you going to put the brake master under the car or leave it in stock position? Also, any reason that you did as much of the 25.2 under the car as you did? I'm looking at doing a 25.5 on my next project and I wanted to keep as much of it inside the car as I could to make it easier to run a big exhaust on it and still be able to lower the car alot.
Putting a manual master in the stock location.

I don't know anybody doing it inside the car myself, seems like you would lose alot of room inside and it's already gonna be cramped in there. Personally, its cleaner to do it underneath, mine is tucked pretty high, you won't even see it from the side, just that rear bar, and it's cut into the floor in several places and will be welded to it to make the whole car nice and stiff. I'm not to worried about exhaust myself though with a turbo, 5" out the rear side of the front fender. A 25.5 has less floor work anyway I believe. How far back you trying to run the exhaust? I'm sure you can make something work without putting all the floor bars inside the car.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:21 AM
10 Second Club

Call Shawn and get a Pro-mod 98.
Right on, wish I would have got the 98 to start with but my plans went from one thing to another. I'm gonna sell my 91 anyway I think. Kind of a shame it's new and I haven't tried it yet.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:53 AM
Race your car!

Putting a manual master in the stock location.

I don't know anybody doing it inside the car myself, seems like you would lose alot of room inside and it's already gonna be cramped in there. Personally, its cleaner to do it underneath, mine is tucked pretty high, you won't even see it from the side, just that rear bar, and it's cut into the floor in several places and will be welded to it to make the whole car nice and stiff. I'm not to worried about exhaust myself though with a turbo, 5" out the rear side of the front fender. A 25.5 has less floor work anyway I believe. How far back you trying to run the exhaust? I'm sure you can make something work without putting all the floor bars inside the car.
I'm gonna try to run the exhaust back so it exits at the rear, Etown has pretty strict noise rules, I used a pair of super 44 mufflers on the current setup and it was plenty quiet, probably do the same again, we just cut the ends off to weld 3.5 inch pipe to them.

Next setup will be 4 inch pipe, same diameter as the muffler case itself.

There is less floor work in a 25.5 that I am sure of, I'm not a little guy so the interior being crammed does kind of suck, but I deal with it as it is.

I've seen several cars with the master under the car, not sure if I can do that being where the exhaust will run, but it's one of those things that I'd do if there's room just to clean it up. Mount both the pedals on the bar inside the car too, I'm gonna try to put the seat as far back as I can, and just build a column in the car and put a removable wheel to make getting in and out easy.

I"m still trying to plan, but your build as well as several others I have lots of pictures of are giving me lots of ideas, lots of things that I want to incorperate that I have liked about the builds on other cars, I'm trying to take all of it in and incorperate it all into one car. Lots of little things, that in the end will really make the car top notch, very light and should run very consistant/well.

I have a laundry list of things I want to do with the next car, making it a project that I"m probably going to try to do myself. Just have to buy the fab tools (notcher, bender, tig and mig welder) and I'll probably go take another welding class to just to freshen up the welding skills before getting started. Shoot me a PM and I can explain some of the stuff that I have seen and want to incorperate... too much blah to clog your thread up.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:27 PM
10 Second Club

That is some nice welding it those pics. Subscribing!
Old 02-06-2009, 09:05 AM
10 Second Club

Mike is taking his time with this setup, trying for no after thoughts with it. There is definately some cool stuff on this floor work that most may not even notice. The TA is trick, nothing else out there like it.

I helped a little tear appart a tube chassis car a few weeks ago and the pedal assembly was pretty cool with the master under the car but way to much trouble/money to put something like that in my car, but maybe a cool project to do it yourself if it will fit.

I did have a couple more basic pics i didn't post before and should have more in a few days.

Main hoop going in

Front window out and the dash sitting in there with one screw for easy removal and replacement. Going to order a Percy's front speed glass window to put back in along with a pin on hood.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Race your car!

Cut all that metal out that's under the dash, you can put a bar across the front with tabs that you can attach the dash back on with, there's alot of weight that you can remove there, and it makes alot of room under there too for intercooler plumbing and whatnot.

I've seen a couple cars done that way, makes alot of room, and you never see it with the top of the dash back in the car.

Cut the cowl right @ the windshield too, and just box it back in, making even more room under the hood if you're doing a pin on hood that comes to the windshield
Old 02-06-2009, 09:36 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah I was definately going to cut the cowl off and box it in. The upper dash metal idea I will look into though, sounds like a good idea. I have also removed all the under dash wiring since that pic and will continue to remove all the wiring under the hood too.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:57 AM
7 Second Club

Who is doing the frame work? Looks very good.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:14 AM
Race your car!

I'd cut every wire out of the car and wire just what you need.

That top metal I have seen cut out in a couple cars, and boxed back in , and a bar to hold the dash in. Very clean, lots of room for mounting everything on a couple tabs off the cage bars that way, very clean.

On my list for the next car.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:16 AM
9 Second Club

same person who did most of bowman's 275 radial car IIRC.... right dan.....

Mike Bolla??? Can't remember if that's his name.... he's the **** tho..... does awesome work....
Old 02-06-2009, 08:05 PM
10 Second Club

Who is doing the frame work? Looks very good.
Originally Posted by OutlawZ
same person who did most of bowman's 275 radial car IIRC.... right dan.....

Mike Bolla??? Can't remember if that's his name.... he's the **** tho..... does awesome work....
Yes, Mike Bolla, owner of Enterprise Motorsports.

Quick Reply: 25.2 started...Pics of flooring & suspension