Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

noob slick questions...plz help

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 11:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default noob slick questions...plz help

I have an extra set of stock 16s that I want to use at the track...the tires are only going to be track tires...
But i have no idea on what size tires to run on the stock 16s...
I put 381 to the wheels and im tired of 2.2 or worse 60 foot times...the only problem is...I have a stock 10 bolt rearend..and its a M6

I want to run a full slick or at least that is what everyone is telling me to do,so I was wondering about the M/T or the hoosiers.

THE BIG QUESTION IS...WILL I BREAK MY REAREND????? the car has 51,000 miles on it and i drive it pretty hard!

So if yall could give me ideas on sizes and brands..and what to launch at so i dont get trailered home crying...

Thanks guys.
-Erik-
Old 02-03-2009, 11:52 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a tire with a soft sidewall like a slick or DOT slick will help absorb driveline shock that M6s have and will help with wheel hop which kills rear ends also.

a drag radial that is steel belted is stiffer and might make ur car hop which can be harmful.

there is no safe zone and i cant guarentee u anything. just do soft launches like nothing over 3k to be on the safe side, but u might bog a bit.

MT and M&H are really good slicks that are widely used. i would try one of those.