Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to delete ABS?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 12:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Done while engine in car

Just finished SJM ABS delete kit installed using the stock braided lines.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

was it fairly easy to do. i see you went the steel braided way over the hardline. Is this because the hardline way would have been a little to much of a task to do with the engine in the car?
Old 02-26-2009, 01:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

was it fairly easy to do?
Easy, just take your time.

Is this because the hardline way would have been a little to much of a task to do with the engine in the car?
Yes, it looked to be more time consuming to me, so did the option JMS shows in the instructions.

The ABS delete block would be the simple way, but will cost you more by the time you buy the proportioning vave and line lock.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:11 PM
12 Second Club

thanks so the instructions show how to go the alternate route of using the steel lines as well?
Old 02-26-2009, 02:21 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Rules
was it fairly easy to do. i see you went the steel braided way over the hardline. Is this because the hardline way would have been a little to much of a task to do with the engine in the car?
Just to clarify, the pre-formed hard lines are in place, no additional braided lines were added in this picture. The braided lines that you see were OEM pieces which originally exited the ABS controller.

Our kit is designed to either remove the OEM braided lines replacing them with hard lines OR leave the OEM braided lines as is. Fittings are included to flare the braided line where it turns into hard line (or remove OEM braided lines all together). For the folks who have their engine left in place, most opt to leave the OEM braided lines intact (as you see pictured) as it is more difficult to remove these pieces with the engine in place.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:29 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
Just to clarify, the pre-formed hard lines are in place, no additional braided lines were added in this picture. The braided lines that you see were OEM pieces which originally exited the ABS controller.

Our kit is designed to either remove the OEM braided lines replacing them with hard lines OR leave the OEM braided lines as is. Fittings are included to flare the braided line where it turns into hard line (or remove OEM braided lines all together). For the folks who have their engine left in place, most opt to leave the OEM braided lines intact (as you see pictured) as it is more difficult to remove these pieces with the engine in place.
thanks SJM. this makes me feel a lot more comfortable. you will be getting a call from me soon.

Quick Reply: How to delete ABS?