Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

25.2/25.3 good to 6.0 sec. C5 Corvette LSx Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 11:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea, I figured you've been busy and I was just waiting to here from you when you had a chance to catch up. I'll give you a call on Monday. Hopefully I'll be in a real good mood, that's if the Saints beat up on those purple people with the 40yr. old QB. Who Dat???

-Dave
Old 01-22-2010, 02:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh man, this is one sick build!! keep the pics coming
Old 01-24-2010, 06:39 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave that is some really nice work out there. Next time I am out there, I will stop by and see this for real. Lots of good ideas. Should run good in ES. Is it going to be ready for this year or u waiting for next season. Still looks like alot to get finished? How you going to wire it? We have gotten 3 "spaghetti wiring" kits so far and they are really nice.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Again, thanks for all the kind words guys. CJ I was kinda planning on doing my own wiring as that's what's really my background but ya never know I may take a look at that system. As for when it'll be ready, that's a tough one to answer. This is all coming out of my own little pocket book and I'm trying my best to build it with the right parts and that takes some big coin. Maybe I need to market it and pickup some sponsorships, anyone out there? Anyway My feelings are, if the Saints could make it to the Superbowl then I should be able to make this car become a reality!!! Who Dat??? Give me a shout if you want to stop by sometime and visit.

-Dave
Old 01-26-2010, 12:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dacajun
Again, thanks for all the kind words guys. CJ I was kinda planning on doing my own wiring as that's what's really my background but ya never know I may take a look at that system. As for when it'll be ready, that's a tough one to answer. This is all coming out of my own little pocket book and I'm trying my best to build it with the right parts and that takes some big coin. Maybe I need to market it and pickup some sponsorships, anyone out there? Anyway My feelings are, if the Saints could make it to the Superbowl then I should be able to make this car become a reality!!! Who Dat??? Give me a shout if you want to stop by sometime and visit.

-Dave
Why's it always gotta be about the saints with you!? Between here and the bullet we can't get away! Haha jk
Old 01-26-2010, 11:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Carbed4thGen
Why's it always gotta be about the saints with you!? Between here and the bullet we can't get away! Haha jk

Cus I'm a Who Dat fan!!!! And we're going to the Superbowl.
Ya have to understand this is something that I never thought I'd see in my lifetime. Now let me enjoy the moment please!!

-Dave
Old 01-26-2010, 06:46 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Maybe I need to market it and pickup some sponsorships, anyone out there?
I'd be willing to offer some artwork in exchange for running a couple of decals on the car. pm me if you're interested.

Scott
Old 01-27-2010, 01:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
I'd be willing to offer some artwork in exchange for running a couple of decals on the car. pm me if you're interested.

Scott
Scott,

I did some poking around on your web site and I must say you are one very talented individual!!! While some of us on in our garages building cars you are bringing the to life on paper, how cool!! Yea man, I'll PM you. I'd be glad to discuss the artwork ark deal with you.

-Dave
Old 01-27-2010, 03:34 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Scott,

I did some poking around on your web site and I must say you are one very talented individual!!! While some of us on in our garages building cars you are bringing the to life on paper, how cool!! Yea man, I'll PM you. I'd be glad to discuss the artwork ark deal with you.

-Dave
Thanks for the kind words!
Old 01-27-2010, 06:08 PM
9 Second Club

Dave,

WOW!!!!! Your car looks awesome and hats off to you and your fabrication skills. Look forward to seeing your car in action when its done! Thanks for the kind words on my build and looks like we have a thing for 69 Camaro's. Best of luck on your progress!
Old 01-27-2010, 07:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yea man I wish I could afford one of those dart billet blocks like your doing. But after seeing the awesome results Phil has with Shawn's built bullet over at Virgina Speed I'm going to have Shawn build me one of his LS2 blocks converted to a 427 with all the bells & whistles topped of with some All Pro 6 bolt heads.

My other 69 Camaro I'll be building is going to be a protouring car. I have a set of twin turbonetic 61mm turbos to force feed an LS2 with a richmond 6 speed trans. I'm going to be using the front a rear suspension off of this Corvette to get that car to handle like a train on a track. I can't wait to get started on that one. It'll be a car that I can drive anywhere.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Chris Alston develops on your car for the forth gen. You just know it's going to be some good ****!!!

-Dave
Old 05-18-2010, 04:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

It's been a while, but while I was gone we had Twins!!!!

Twin 88's that is!!!

As I posted earlier I will be able to run twins or a single. All I'll have to do is switch out the cradle in which the turbos are mounted on and a bit of plumbing.

Here's a few of pics of my intercooler.

Last edited by dacajun; 05-18-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Dang. What happened here

Quick Reply: 25.2/25.3 good to 6.0 sec. C5 Corvette LSx Build