Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cartek Does It Again 10.59@129.95 Mph H/c Stock Bottom End N/a!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003 | 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thumbs down

I can not belive how low this thread has sunk .
Old 11-19-2003 | 10:42 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder
20 Year Member

I am going back and deleting a few pages of this thread.

We all love good air and we all like going fast.

I am sending some of the folks warnings in email today. Ignore them and you will be getting a one month timeout from the site.
Old 11-19-2003 | 11:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tekhombre
Well, since this thread has gone to $hit, and even moderators are fueling the fire I might as well join in. Sorry Brent.

How do you know he was 300# lighter Fireball? Did you weigh Pete's car at MIR? Did anyone weigh their cars at MIR? He had the same things taken out as many others did and he is telling you what those things were.

What basis do you have to state that Pete was 300# lighter than the rest of the field?

Julio
He told me he weighed 32xx. I went to far to say 300# over the WHOLE field but I know he was the lightest there. Mine weighed 3500 at NPR for the thunder shootout...and I had alot of stuff removed. This put pete ~300 lbs lighter than me which works out to ~.3/3mph advantage...which was about the difference between my car and his at the shootout.

I know moose ran good times earlier in the day...but he was almost down to 7 cylinders...very little cylinder pressure in one of his cylinders.

Nonetheless...these are wicked times for 346 racing...I'm not disputing them at all

I'm just saying you have to compare apples to apples so weight/weather is AS IMPORTANT as the ET/mph ran
Old 11-19-2003 | 11:32 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder
20 Year Member

10.5 for Brent (which is the topic) is just awesome.

I see some folks in here who need to remember that rule that our parents said when we were growing up. "If you don't have anything nice to say..."

Now, of course if Brent raced at 3500 lb raceweight he'd be slower, ditto for Pete.

I think they would rather run 10.5's and 10.7's n/a have a bunch of you writing all these envious comments.
Old 11-19-2003 | 11:46 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder
20 Year Member

Oh.. and...

CMarsh - AMS still owes us money for like a quarter of advertising are you guys going to pay us anytime soon?
Spanky - Nice commentary on Brent's combo. By the way, did you attend any of our events in the last three years? Also, when was the last time you made a pass down a track in a car? In the three years I have known you you have never been to a track in the Chicago area. Can you tell me what makes you the man to critique some other guy who made the haul to BG, and probably has like 300 passes on his Z06?

And for the guys who are crying about weight and DA, are you saying that you prefer crappy air and running in the low to mid 11's? Fireball, we don't really give props on here for folks to have heavy cars... You know that. You are saying that to run a 10.99 you would not do whatever you had to do to run the number? I'm sure Moose would, he's been chasing that number too. We don't post in your threads when you go 11.2 and go "sheesh man you crawl" because it's not like that, and it's not that simple.

Sure, if folks are the fastest they become controversial, folks would dog Colonel for his weight reduction but the man ran 9.8's with a hydraulic cam and the car could be driven on the street if he put mufflers on.

Here in Chicago we hope for excellent DA days, and excellent barometer, that's part of racing too. Do you guys take price in running slower in July? Screw July!!! I avoid the track in 95F weather I am most likely to find the limits of my gasoline and my deodorant.
Old 11-19-2003 | 12:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

i find this humorous, does anybody bash Greg
anderson when he went 207 at englishtown in pro stock earlier this year sure he had mineshaft air but he still ran the number. another thing where is the "fastest track in the country?"...... well it's not ATCO it is houston right? the fact is that brent oficially ran 10.59@ 129.95 at an NHRA track on the date and time posted on the time slip, you can cry in your beer that you don't get those conditions in your part of the country but sometimes here in NJ we get good air in the fall. in the next few weeks we'll see what happens in Tx because they'll be getting similar air and conditions hopefully

Jay
Old 11-19-2003 | 12:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

And for the guys who are crying about weight and DA, are you saying that you prefer crappy air and running in the low to mid 11's? Fireball, we don't really give props on here for folks to have heavy cars... You know that. You are saying that to run a 10.99 you would not do whatever you had to do to run the number? I'm sure Moose would, he's been chasing that number too. We don't post in your threads when you go 11.2 and go "sheesh man you crawl" because it's not like that, and it's not that simple.
point is that they claim they did this with their badass engine...

Truth of the matter is their setup is basically on par with alot of setups out there...just that their cars are able to run in killer DA and run flyweight. This is all part of the ET/mph equation...and should be noted as such

but like I said...running mid 10s with only H/C is impressive...no matter how its done...
Old 11-19-2003 | 12:21 PM
8 second mod

FireBall, My point too. 10's is moving especisaly N/A.
I love good air as would anyone!!!
Congrats as stated befor as well.
Old 11-19-2003 | 12:46 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder
20 Year Member

So if you held the h/c M6 record you would not thump your chest Brian? Pete has gone 127.5mph to your 123.0 mph, can you attribute that all the difference in weight? If the difference is 300 lbs then you would go 127.5mph too? i think that comment does not take into account those hard nights when folks like him are pulling out a trans, or going to BG and hurting the trans in the first 15 minutes... funny, it's like I am describing you at the Thunder race Brian. So are you saying that if Pete added 150 and you subtracted 150 you would run the same? Are you sure? Again, I don't know Pete all that well but I have this sense like he's been going to the track alot... and I respect that... You know it takes a lot of blood, sweat, and money to keep a M6 car running all year, and it takes a lot of work to hit all the gears and run a number. I give him and Brent mad props for showing us what they can do.

And hey this is MOTORSPORTS we are talking about here.

This is all about being the quickest and the fastest. These guys are all about being #1.

And bsi'ing about DA is ghey.

Wait til the South and Southwest get the -DA stuff in early spring of next year.

Every week in February and March I log in on Monday to see what folks ran at HRP.
Old 11-19-2003 | 01:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
So if you held the h/c M6 record you would not thump your chest Brian? Pete has gone 127.5mph to your 123.0 mph, can you attribute that all the difference in weight? If the difference is 300 lbs then you would go 127.5mph too? i think that comment does not take into account those hard nights when folks like him are pulling out a trans, or going to BG and hurting the trans in the first 15 minutes... funny, it's like I am describing you at the Thunder race Brian. So are you saying that if Pete added 150 and you subtracted 150 you would run the same? Are you sure? Again, I don't know Pete all that well but I have this sense like he's been going to the track alot... and I respect that... You know it takes a lot of blood, sweat, and money to keep a M6 car running all year, and it takes a lot of work to hit all the gears and run a number. I give him and Brent mad props for showing us what they can do.

And hey this is MOTORSPORTS we are talking about here.

This is all about being the quickest and the fastest. These guys are all about being #1.

And bsi'ing about DA is ghey.

Wait til the South and Southwest get the -DA stuff in early spring of next year.

Every week in February and March I log in on Monday to see what folks ran at HRP.
Well put PSJ!!!

All scores to be settled at the Eastern Shootout! Run what ya brung, leave the god damn excuses at home!
Old 11-19-2003 | 01:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

I give them mad props to...10s is no easy feat for 346 N/A.

But this is why I like participating in racing series....puts all similar cars at the same track and at the same weather and at near-identical raceweights (if the minimum raceweight is chosen correctly)

This is where IMO the baddest engines will shine...
Old 11-19-2003 | 01:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Fireball
This is where IMO the baddest engines will shine...
Brent won his class at the Breathless event and The N vs S.
Old 11-19-2003 | 02:05 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Ok, I'll say it....

Congrats to Brent and Cartek on some very very impressive times out of a H/C car.

Despite any misgivings folks may have about weather, etc... The times are highly impressive for a H/C car no matter your feelings about the shop, the weather, or the prices of pork belly futures this week.

I hope that the event that is being discussed takes place, and we can all get together this year for a little drag racing....
Old 11-19-2003 | 02:41 PM
TECH Junkie

What (when) is the eastern shootout? Can anybody play?
Kurt
Old 11-19-2003 | 03:00 PM
On The Tree

I'm Game ! With alot of surprises !
Old 11-19-2003 | 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey since most of you nothern guy are usually snowed in during February why don't you all come down to Florida for the Breathless Performace Shootout.

Here is a link to the 2003 ad: http://www.breathlessperformance.com/show.asp

They have alot of different classes, my motor was out of the car this past year, I didn't get to go.. but I'll be there this coming Feb 04..

Lee
Old 11-19-2003 | 04:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by FEAR THE LS1
Hey since most of you nothern guy are usually snowed in during February why don't you all come down to Florida for the Breathless Performace Shootout.

Here is a link to the 2003 ad: http://www.breathlessperformance.com/show.asp

They have alot of different classes, my motor was out of the car this past year, I didn't get to go.. but I'll be there this coming Feb 04..

Lee
Lee,

We plan on it! I speak for the whole Cartek team when I say we'll be there, with bells on!! I can't wait, I'm aleady making the plans!!
Old 11-19-2003 | 05:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fireball
point is that they claim they did this with their badass engine...

Truth of the matter is their setup is basically on par with alot of setups out there...just that their cars are able to run in killer DA and run flyweight. This is all part of the ET/mph equation...and should be noted as such

but like I said...running mid 10s with only H/C is impressive...no matter how its done...
Fireball, many other people run in that "killer DA" including yourself on the north east at this time and you can also have "Killer DA" in many other parts of the country in December, January, February while our tracks are closed or are too cold for good traction. Brent's weight is 3250-3270 depending on fuel load, that is the normal weight for a Z06 with CCWs and roll bar.

Julio
Old 11-19-2003 | 05:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tekhombre
Fireball, many other people run in that "killer DA" including yourself on the north east at this time and you can also have "Killer DA" in many other parts of the country in December, January, February while our tracks are closed or are too cold for good traction. Brent's weight is 3250-3270 depending on fuel load, that is the normal weight for a Z06 with CCWs and roll bar.

Julio
once again congrats on the excellent ET
Old 11-19-2003 | 05:50 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Big Mike
Well put PSJ!!!

All scores to be settled at the Eastern Shootout! Run what ya brung, leave the god damn excuses at home!
Exactly!!! Maybe this will promote a great turnout. Equal playing field for everyone. I am envious of great racing conditions as well. That is why I plan on coming out and running ATCO to see what kind of numbers I can put down as well. I am 6 hours away!!! I hope to meet some people from other shops and some other board members and make a few new friends along the way so I might be able to learn a few things that I might not have known. That is what this is all about. I understand how some people feel and often think to myself I wonder what they would run at my track. Well, I am going to theirs to find out. Maybe I will run some great time and maybe not.