Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cartek Does It Again 10.59@129.95 Mph H/c Stock Bottom End N/a!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003 | 12:14 PM
Banned

Talking about meeting halfway. Cartek went down to Florida last February, and everyone knew that they where going. Where were the smack talkers then.

Brent went 10.9 there(with the old package, 25 hp less). And in BG brent went 11.0(also with the old package).

And for 33 degree wheather, comeon....look at the video's. We were wearing sweat shirts. If it where that cold.....I don't think you would have seen only sweatshirts. I would have opted for a nice coat.
You can believe your weather.com or whatever you use.....since we all know the predicted weather is always dead on, right?

Max
Old 11-17-2003 | 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Congrats on the new best time runs, its seems like every other post is someone running a new best this time of the year.

I've been running new best time myself every time I race.

I do have only one comment, I agree with mrb00formula.. when I first read this message it felt more like a sales pitch for cartek than it did like a fellow racer running a new best time etc.

The title "Cartek does it again!" implies & makes it seem like such results are unobtainable by anyone OTHER than Cartek, which we all know is not the case. I think that less controversy would result if it was retitled "Great Run w/ Great Conditions at ATCO".
But anyway if the mods on the car are accurate and those are the times, thats just awesome.

We are so jealous of the northern peoples DA, down here in FL a 1200 DA is good, we rarely see low 50* weather here, except a couple nights out the year. My car ran a new best last week 10.89@122 in +1200 DA, I would love to see what I would run in a -2000 DA.

Is there a ET formula anywhere that would tell me what my car's ET would change to from a +1200 to a -1200 for example?

Lee
Old 11-17-2003 | 12:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Noyzee
Wide Open, I new a girl called that once!
Real mature. I guess, when in doubt, just insult.

I hate when people put words into your mouth!!!!!!!
Nah, the only thing in your mouth is your foot.

Grow up
Old 11-17-2003 | 12:42 PM
On The Tree

WideopenThrottle, you're right about the 10'9 and more frequent 11'0s , but the mph was just like everyone elses !!! 121 to 122 !!! I can almost guarantee that it will be the same had he gone to the thunder shoot out. Nonetheless, He is hauling major aZZ, but WE have sum wicked S--t for the Cartek crew here in the South! Oh, almost forgot, on your weather, you said you needed a light jacket; Well we wear SHORTS!!!!lol
Old 11-17-2003 | 12:43 PM
8 second mod

Insult, It is called a joke.
Grow up?
What is that, You make a statment about somthing that was never even metioned, and what want me to ignore it.
I dont think so. Notice you denide nothing i said, right?
What kind of car do you drive and what does it run? Is it Cartek stuff? What are your #'s?
Old 11-17-2003 | 12:49 PM
8 second mod

one thing you were right about is we dont compair, My car is Dam near 3,700lbs! And 50,000 miles
And my Heads make me loose power becuse they drop my comprtion to 9-1!!!! about 350 rwhp with out the turbos. But that is the way i built my car, not to run NA, but to run FI
Old 11-17-2003 | 12:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nytmare
WideopenThrottle, you're right about the 10'9 and more frequent 11'0s , but the mph was just like everyone elses !!! 121 to 122 !!! I can almost guarantee that it will be the same had he gone to the thunder shoot out. Nonetheless, He is hauling major aZZ, but WE have sum wicked S--t for the Cartek crew here in the South! Oh, almost forgot, on your weather, you said you needed a light jacket; Well we wear SHORTS!!!!lol
He went 125 actually(still the old package). And two other Cartek cars went 124 also. All with the old package.

Not denying that you race in warmer wheather, lol. Just saying it wasn't as cold as stated.
Old 11-17-2003 | 01:00 PM
Banned

Insult, It is called a joke.
Grow up?
What is that, You make a statment about somthing that was never even metioned, and what want me to ignore it.
I dont think so. Notice you denide nothing i said, right?
What kind of car do you drive and what does it run? Is it Cartek stuff? What are your #'s?
Felt like an insult. If you have to ask me what I have or what I run, then obviously you don't know me. Nor do I know you. To joke with me like that is tasteless when you do not know me. If you had know me, it would have been a different story. It can be easily taken as an insult.

I wasn't not denying anything you said. I was actually trying to ignore your rubish. You hurt my feelings, lol.

If you really want to know what I have, here it is. It's a H+C 346 with a procharger on a 99 FRC Corvette. It's @ 8lbs right now and we jost got it off the dyno last week, and are working through belt issues like everyone else. It made 591 rwhp with a 500 ftlbs at the wheels. We're looking to step it up to 16 pounds by next race season(only if the belt holds).
Old 11-17-2003 | 01:05 PM
8 second mod

that was not an insult, taken the wrong way. My bad
So it is a Cartek car correct? This is why you have taken so much offence to it i think.
The car soundds sweet. making good power. Maybe you can look into the people who did the pullies for ScottWS6, Cartek car, and seems to be doing good with belts. I forget who did them, But cartek or scott could fill you in.
Good luck with it.
Old 11-17-2003 | 01:06 PM
Banned

one thing you were right about is we dont compair, My car is Dam near 3,700lbs! And 50,000 miles
And my Heads make me loose power becuse they drop my comprtion to 9-1!!!! about 350 rwhp with out the turbos. But that is the way i built my car, not to run NA, but to run FI
I don't care what your car weighs, even if it is a fat pig. See now I'm joking with you.

And you took a loss of compression so you could run more boost without detonation at a given octane rating for your fuel. The gains in the end out way what ever your initial loss is. Say you lose 2 points of compression(6% power loss over all), you now can run like 5 pounds more boost(34% power gain over the previous allowable boost level with stock copression). See the gains out way the losses. So 9:1 compression isn't a loss for you. I'm at 9.2:1 right now.
Old 11-17-2003 | 01:16 PM
8 second mod

Calling my car a fat pig? My feelings are hurt!
I know the 9-1 will help, I did it mainly for safty, Im running the same boost as everybody, but it is a bit safer. Like i said, stock short block, with 50,000 hard miles on it.
Old 11-17-2003 | 01:27 PM
On The Tree

Ok 124, So did Jrod before the weight addition. Also the other 1 of the other 2 Cartek cars was a stroker that also ran a 10.9 or 8 !!! Well we could go on and on about this until this thread becomes locked, but that would'nt be fun !!! Basically, what I'm trying too say is that Cartek is a very fine tuner shop, and If they were closer ( hell I would've tried them ) , All the Aftermarket tuners all make about the same power, run the same mph, and et the same give similar conditions! That "Cartek is the Best' garbage is for D--k suckers who haven't been in the game long enuff to know better! Good times with the Cartek car, and I hope we can meet up for sum real ACTION!!!
Old 11-17-2003 | 01:38 PM
Banned

Ok 124, So did Jrod before the weight addition. Also the other 1 of the other 2 Cartek cars was a stroker that also ran a 10.9 or 8 !!! Well we could go on and on about this until this thread becomes locked, but that would'nt be fun !!! Basically, what I'm trying too say is that Cartek is a very fine tuner shop, and If they were closer ( hell I would've tried them ) , All the Aftermarket tuners all make about the same power, run the same mph, and et the same give similar conditions! That "Cartek is the Best' garbage is for D--k suckers who haven't been in the game long enuff to know better! Good times with the Cartek car, and I hope we can meet up for sum real ACTION!!!
There wheren't any Cartek strokers there. I know that for sure. Plus they where all still the old packages. None of the stuff like we're running now.

Well, I don't think I can agree with you on any of that "All tuners make the same power thing", but hey what can you do.

Don't worry, if we ever meet up, I'm sure I'll whoop up on ya. I'll try to be gentle. LOL
Old 11-17-2003 | 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

All the Aftermarket tuners all make about the same power, run the same mph, and et the same give similar conditions! That "Cartek is the Best' garbage is for D--k suckers who haven't been in the game long enuff to know better! Good times with the Cartek car, and I hope we can meet up for sum real ACTION!!!

If that is so .. why was I running 3 MPH quicker then the rest of the cars down at the EFA shootout ??? Was it because I am a better driver or my car was making more power that day ?????
Old 11-17-2003 | 03:23 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Once again:
Yes, DA played a role in Brent's numbers.
Yes, slower cars from locations of 'lower quality' air would run faster in that same air.
Would those slower cars absolutely, positively, without question run as fast or faster than 10.59 (or even 10.69) at nearly 130mph in the same conditions? NO ONE can really say.
That being said, how can one really claim with absolute certainty that other shops/individuals can obtain these same numbers/results if they actually haven't yet?
No shoulda woulda coulda...just show the time slips.
Obviously air quality and weight are true factors, they cannot be ignored...but if this unfair advantage bothers you enough then bring your car up north in the fall/winter, get the weight close and give it a shot.
Maybe there really are many others that would match or beat Brent's numbers...maybe not.

There really should be an event/tuner shootout (there's one brewing/coming together on the Corvette Forum as we speak) in a central location, same track, same day, same air...no excuses.
Old 11-18-2003 | 08:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by bspz28
If that is so .. why was I running 3 MPH quicker then the rest of the cars down at the EFA shootout ??? Was it because I am a better driver or my car was making more power that day ?????
might have something to do with the 300 lbs you had on the field. I know mine weighed in at 3500 at Thunder. Yours is flirting with 3200 right
Old 11-18-2003 | 08:32 AM
TECH Veteran

1. Weight keeps being mentioned, Brent's car is a Z06, it's supposed to be light. I think you guys keep comparing it to an F-Body.

2. I was there at the track, there is no way in hell it was 33 degrees, more like 45-50 degrees.

3. Brent's car ran the #, regardless of location, weather, etc, etc. It ran the #, period! If you feel like blaming it on the weather, fine, come to Atco and race so you can run excellent #'s too. If not, then don't complain.

4. Cartek will be attending the Breathless Shootout in Bradenton, FL. in February 2004. The playing field will be level then. No excuses, no bullshit. Come down and race and settle this garbage!
Old 11-18-2003 | 02:46 PM
Banned

Well, since this thread has gone to $hit, and even moderators are fueling the fire I might as well join in. Sorry Brent.

Originally Posted by Fireball
might have something to do with the 300 lbs you had on the field. I know mine weighed in at 3500 at Thunder. Yours is flirting with 3200 right

How do you know he was 300# lighter Fireball? Did you weigh Pete's car at MIR? Did anyone weigh their cars at MIR? He had the same things taken out as many others did and he is telling you what those things were.

What basis do you have to state that Pete was 300# lighter than the rest of the field?

Julio
Old 11-18-2003 | 03:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tekhombre
LOL, You should be writing science fiction novels. You try to look like the victim yet you are the predator. You and "your crew" come on to Brent's thread to help in the bashfest and you have the audacity to try and look like the victims?
Julio
Julio,

I've been contending with cheap shots and digs from "your crew" for quite some time, so I don't really have to "look like" the victim of anything. Personally, I think you should consider reigning in some of the shop sycophants and cheerleaders because they do your shop and image more harm than good.

There's really nothing "predatory" about me, or anyone else who goes counter to the Cartek "Party Line".. It's simply free speech. When you halted your sponsorship for a brief period on another board, the floodgates of discontent prompted you to get that check in the mail post haste. Good sponsors shouldn't hide behind the shield of censorship by invoking the "Hey, I'm a sponsor- you can't bash me!" trick.

You do have some fast cars out there.. the "Cartek does it Again" post titles are not necessary and only have that snake oil mystique.. the same info can be relayed by simply stating "Great Run in Good Conditions" and rely on the sig's for any other info.

I'll be surprised if this doesn't get deleted.. or I don't get deleted.. for speaking frankly about what I percieve.
Old 11-18-2003 | 06:20 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by mrb00formula
Personally, I think you should consider reigning in some of the shop sycophants and cheerleaders because they do your shop and image more harm than good.
It's simply free speech.
You might be right, there might be a few too many of us sycophants waving the CARTEK banner out there and if that offends you I apologize...but like you said, "simply free speech" right? Or does that only apply to you?

On a related note, you're simply doing wonders for your shop and it's image as well, I hope to God that the rest of East Side's customers aren't as unstable and 'borderline schizophrenic' as you are in representing them.
Some of your creativity from this morning on a board that they also sponsor might just get forwarded on to them just in case they missed it.

*Awaiting the next round of personal and religious attacks.