Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LNC-002 launch controller problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 05:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 03 BUSA
^^^Just about to post the same thing. I just got done f%$^ with mine. Thought I could get a signal off the cruise module with no luck so pulled the IP panel off and like you said and I thought the green wire on the switch is ground all the time and when you push the switch in it completes the circuit and the ppl/wht wire is a ground signal. So, yes wire right into the ppl/wht wire on the clutch switch.
LOL i had my step in the car and working in 15mins when i installed it glad i could help lol

Rob
Old 08-15-2009, 06:04 PM
9 Second Club

You need to put a test light on the clutch wire then. Have someone push the clutch in and using the battery terminals see what makes it light up 12v or gound. Bought to start on mine. I will let you know.
Yellow wire has power with the clutch pushed in and no power when clutch is out. This means the controller should work right?
Old 08-15-2009, 06:12 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98blueSScamaro
okay all you had to do was wire the green wire in the the purple wire off the clutch switch i used a test light and found its a ground circuit. So all you have to do is take the green wire off the two step and wire it to the purple wire on the clutch switch and it will work mine been working for a long time setup up this way. Know if you do it this way everytime the clutch is pushed in and you get to the rpm the 2 step is set to it will come on . If you dont want it to be on all the time you need to wire a simple toggle switch inline with the green wire
I want it to work of 12v+ activation so I can turn it off when I want. When the clutch is push in I have power to the yellow wire and no power when clutch is out. This means it should work or there product is messed up. I called them today and spoke with someone different than before and he seams to agree with me. He said they call me monday and fix the issue one way or another.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure about the 12v thing. Here is what I did. Coil packs and then took the green wire from the kit and ran into the car and used a quick connect to the purple/white wire on the clutch switch, not the cruise clutch switch. The cruise switch is the one with threads DO NOT use that one it does nothing. I zip tied the orange and yellow one up in the harness. Never even looked at them. Works every time the clutch is pushed in.

Now if you want a toggle switch inline so you can turn it off and on when you want you can still do it this way just take the green wire from the kit that you wired into the clutch switch cut it in half and add a toggle switch. That simple, you do not need 12v to run a switch.
Attached Thumbnails LNC-002 launch controller problems-2step003.jpg   LNC-002 launch controller problems-2step002.jpg   LNC-002 launch controller problems-2step001.jpg  
Old 08-15-2009, 06:45 PM
10 Second Club

LOL i had my step in the car and working in 15mins when i installed it glad i could help lol

Rob
With a 99 up it would have taken 15 minutes with these damn 98's don't have the pcm lead. It was extremely easy to install. Most of my time was used for routing the wires in the cleanest possible way. I had to try a couple different ways before I found the best one for my liking. I hate a bunch of wires just hanging around. Works great now. Thanks for your help.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:04 PM
11 Second Club

With a 99 up it would have taken 15 minutes with these damn 98's don't have the pcm lead. It was extremely easy to install. Most of my time was used for routing the wires in the cleanest possible way. I had to try a couple different ways before I found the best one for my liking. I hate a bunch of wires just hanging around. Works great now. Thanks for your help.
yea me too and i wish i had your motor lol nice setup

Rob
Old 08-15-2009, 07:05 PM
11 Second Club

okay all you had to do was wire the green wire in the the purple wire off the clutch switch i used a test light and found its a ground circuit. So all you have to do is take the green wire off the two step and wire it to the purple wire on the clutch switch and it will work mine been working for a long time setup up this way. Know if you do it this way everytime the clutch is pushed in and you get to the rpm the 2 step is set to it will come on . If you dont want it to be on all the time you need to wire a simple toggle switch inline with the green wire

Read this again this is how you turn it off if you dont want it on all the time
Old 08-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Banned

so how did the diodes work? does the car still die? I have a synergy unit and love mine.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:04 AM
9 Second Club

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/U][/B]

Read this again this is how you turn it off if you dont want it on all the time
Alright man look! If I have the coil packs (from controller) hooked up to the car will only run if the green wire is grounded which in turn lets the controller work also. If I put a switch on the ground and turn it off the car simply dies!!!! Thats why I think something is wrong with the controller. Car works fine once I unplug the controller altogether.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:10 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2001z
so how did the diodes work? does the car still die? I have a synergy unit and love mine.
Read this about the doides, that'll explain it better than me. http://www.lingenfelter.com/sites/li...ons%20v1.2.pdf The car doesn't die anymore after the doide install but won't run unless the controller is turn on though the ground side. Runs fine without the controller hooked up.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:48 AM
9 Second Club

PITA with this thing, holy ****.
Maybe it is the controller itself like you said. I'm glad I sold mine, lol
Old 08-16-2009, 10:49 AM
11 Second Club

So you think the line lock wiped it out???
Old 08-16-2009, 11:10 AM
10 Second Club

Something is not right with your controller then. It should not act like it is. I would get them to send you a new one and take that one back.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:49 PM
9 Second Club

Update, Sent back box to lpe and after some testing they found something wrong with box. So new one is on the way. Long story short I wasnt real happy with there customer service. I'll leave it at that.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:03 PM
9 Second Club

How's your pcm?
Sucks about the CS. not surprised though.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:14 PM
9 Second Club

Funny thing is, that after I took the box off I unhooked the battery for a couple days then hooked it back up. It ran just the way it used to. So I tried to box again and it was still messed up. So after mult. phone calls the box was back in the mail to them. I'm just glad they decided to replace it
Old 08-25-2009, 05:29 PM
9 Second Club

Ahhhhhhh,you could just stop payment with your credit card carrier then it would be on them to get the $$$ from you and for a defective product it would be on them to prove you got what you paid for to get the money. You would have gotten a new one anyway or at least a refund.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:58 AM
10 Second Club

^^^The problem with LPE is we don't have enough money. They only seem to take care of their high priority customers. I too would agree their c/s is not that great. Always seemed as though I did not know what I was talking about vs trying to answer my questions. Great to hear you got it figured out.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:16 AM
9 Second Club

^^^The problem with LPE is we don't have enough money. They only seem to take care of their high priority customers. I too would agree their c/s is not that great. Always seemed as though I did not know what I was talking about vs trying to answer my questions. Great to hear you got it figured out.
hehe, I was thinking the same thing but didn't say it. We're little fish to them.
But ya know that's BS too because I've dealt with a few companies, not sponsors here unfortunately but they are relatively big and I've recieved excellent customer service form them.
For example:
Carrolls Rod and Racecraft-builds 6 sec pro mods etc. I go there for my chassis work etc. and get treated very well. Always nice, very organized, top notch work and service.

Rossler Transmissions: Pro's use these guys, I call them with a question or need anything, never get rushed, answer all my questions, very polite, very professional. Even if you're not purchasing anything and are just thinking about it and have questions, these guys will talk you through every step and after the purchase the service stays the same.

Neal Chance: again excellent customer service, is there a bigger converter manufacturer than them?? Very nice and helpfull on the phone, you order a converter from them, they will spend time with you going over every aspect of your set up to get the converter perfect. I'm pretty much a nobody in the racing world , I called these guys for my converter, I **** you not the guy Marty spends nearly 1/2 hour on the phone with "me". You would have thought I was John Force or something. Nice experience.

No reason for that other companies can't give you the same service, they just choose not to.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:31 PM
FormerVendor

Hello all,
I am sorry to hear that you feel this way about our customer service. You are by no means little fish to us as the LNC is one of our best selling products.

Smokeum99TA, I felt that I had done everything that I could to fix this problem. I had spent time on the phone trying to diagnose the problem to the best of my ability. When that couldn't be done I requested the box be sent back to our facility. Once the boxes arrive we have to get the box to duplicate the problem the customer is having. I personally went out into the parking lot and installed it on one of our R&D cars and could not get it to duplicate the problem. I even went home and installed it on my own car. The vehicles would run fine..... Some more testing was done, an isolated issue was found, and the box was replaced at no cost. I apologize for failing to meet your expectations, but I am uncertain what else I could have done.

03 BUSA, I thought that I had answered all of your questions that you had on our box to the best of my ability. And if you had more questions I would have been more than happy to field them. It looks like you got the box installed and hopefully all is well.

If anyone has any questions on any of our products feel free to give me a call.

Thank you,
Ryan Gledhill
Sales / Technical Assistance
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering
260 724 2552 x 1004
http://www.lingenfelter.com

Quick Reply: LNC-002 launch controller problems