Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LNC-002 launch controller problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 06:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ryan, like I stated to Jason on the phone today, you were the only 1 that actually took the time to help me out. That is why when I call I will only ask for you. I do apoligize if you thought I was talking about you in the above thread, I def was not. I should have been more clear.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan@Lingenfelter
Hello all,
I am sorry to hear that you feel this way about our customer service. You are by no means little fish to us as the LNC is one of our best selling products.

Smokeum99TA, I felt that I had done everything that I could to fix this problem. I had spent time on the phone trying to diagnose the problem to the best of my ability. When that couldn't be done I requested the box be sent back to our facility. Once the boxes arrive we have to get the box to duplicate the problem the customer is having. I personally went out into the parking lot and installed it on one of our R&D cars and could not get it to duplicate the problem. I even went home and installed it on my own car. The vehicles would run fine..... Some more testing was done, an isolated issue was found, and the box was replaced at no cost. I apologize for failing to meet your expectations, but I am uncertain what else I could have done.

03 BUSA, I thought that I had answered all of your questions that you had on our box to the best of my ability. And if you had more questions I would have been more than happy to field them. It looks like you got the box installed and hopefully all is well.

If anyone has any questions on any of our products feel free to give me a call.

Thank you,
Ryan Gledhill
Sales / Technical Assistance
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering
260 724 2552 x 1004
http://www.lingenfelter.com
Thank you for replying!

I will be installing mine, which I bought over 6 months ago also, this weekend. I'll keep your number handy just incase. I will be integrating it with my nitrous setup over the winter, so I'll need more information about those diodes.

Thanks!
Old 08-27-2009, 07:08 PM
10 Second Club

Ryan would be the only person to talk to regarding the 2 step kits they sell.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To all who care, yes ryan did help. But I felt as if I was getting looked upon as if I was stupid or something. I felt as if no one believed a word that I said on the phone. Yes a new box was sent to me (thanks ryan) and I installed that one without the first issue, everything worked fine, just like it should. Now this just shows me that something was messed up with the original box and I was right all along. Now this might be one of those cases that whatever is wrong stays wrong until it gets to a mechanic and magically fixes itself until it gets back into the onwers hands, but I dont think so. Ken
Old 07-26-2011, 01:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am having this same goddamn problem with my MSD, I can't get the damn thing to cut off.

I swear I have wired this thing 30 different times 30 different ways each time there is another problem.

U cannot use a toggle switch to cut the thing off whenever you want...tell me...what are you going to do when you try to launch and your car won't move over 3200 rpm until you turn your toggle switch off for your 2 step? How is your r/t and 60' time going to look then? hmm?

I am so fed up with this launch control **** I am about to just use my transbrake stall all the time.

This stupid MSD box will also activate when it is on and it senses a 1/3 rpm drop from the set rpm. So if its set at 2000rpm and your car idles at 1000rpm you can't even take off and get moving because the damn 2 step cuts on. SO if I get a toggle and turn it off what do i do at the track? hmm? I think I need one of these diode things and why MSD doesn't tell you its needed when you buy their product is beyond me. I am very unhappy with msd and wish I had gone with LPE as I read their instructions twice now and their unit makes perfect sense to me, where as I thought I had it figured out with this piece of **** but I obviously don't.

If I could get a diode and install it to only allow the signal to travel one way when the button is pressed instead of all the time when the car is cut on.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:23 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98blueSScamaro
okay all you had to do was wire the green wire in the the purple wire off the clutch switch i used a test light and found its a ground circuit. So all you have to do is take the green wire off the two step and wire it to the purple wire on the clutch switch and it will work mine been working for a long time setup up this way. Know if you do it this way everytime the clutch is pushed in and you get to the rpm the 2 step is set to it will come on . If you dont want it to be on all the time you need to wire a simple toggle switch inline with the green wire
Nothing like bringing back a thread from the dead to say thank you for the above info. I spent a hours yesterday wasting my time with trying to figure out why the wiring wouldn't work with the relay. Called LPE 2x, was given conflicting information. Redid things this way and it worked right away!

Thanks for posting this!

Quick Reply: LNC-002 launch controller problems