Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

!!!!!!!the Vette Doctors C5 Runs 9.39@148!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 10:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MajorSpray
Brian
As far as the NHRA legal thing. I went thru a lot of BS getting my cage certified> We were in constant contact with divison 1 working out the proper conections due to the chassis design of the C5. We were told that they have never needed to certify a C5 car before. It is a full chassis car their for plates are not acceptable. You must use box connection/out riggers and connect to the top. There is no way to just go to the frame due to the design and all the out riggers are in the car due to the floor boards being below the frame. It took two try's to get approval and we were told that my car was used to set the standard for C5's Photo's were going back and forth NHRA main office for approvals. It was hell. Bowery Boy's car was then done to meet the standard.
Thats the scoop. Who did your cage and what division are you in?
Uhhhh, dang, my chassis guy is Steve Matukas, he is a transplant from California. The first time I met him he was about 25 years old and he had some 19 NHRA Ollys (or whatever they call that bronze statue that NHRA gives for a event win) hanging on his wall. Needless to say I was impressed. I dropped the car off, told him what I wanted, full chromoly cage of course, told him it had to pass NHRA tech, gave him $2500, picked the car up a few weeks later, called the NHRA guy, paid him the fee, got the sticker. Sorry to hear they gave you such a rough time. I don't know that much about the mounting points, but the front bars do have outriggers from the frame. Don't know what division I'm in. I will try to attach a pic, so far my cage is the only thing I haven't had some sort of problem with on THE ENTIRE BUILDUP. Everything else either didn't fit, didn't work, didn't have all the parts, etc. except for the heads of course

[IMG]
Attached Thumbnails !!!!!!!the Vette Doctors C5 Runs 9.39@148!!!!!!!-painted-cage-1.jpg   !!!!!!!the Vette Doctors C5 Runs 9.39@148!!!!!!!-painted-cage-2.jpg   !!!!!!!the Vette Doctors C5 Runs 9.39@148!!!!!!!-cage-2.jpg   !!!!!!!the Vette Doctors C5 Runs 9.39@148!!!!!!!-mutukas.jpg  
Old 11-24-2003, 11:16 PM
7 Second/200 MPH Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
Uhhhh, dang, my chassis guy is Steve Matukas, he is a transplant from California. The first time I met him he was about 25 years old and he had some 19 NHRA Ollys (or whatever they call that bronze statue that NHRA gives for a event win) hanging on his wall. Needless to say I was impressed. I dropped the car off, told him what I wanted, full chromoly cage of course, told him it had to pass NHRA tech, gave him $2500, picked the car up a few weeks later, called the NHRA guy, paid him the fee, got the sticker. Sorry to hear they gave you such a rough time. I don't know that much about the mounting points, but the front bars do have outriggers from the frame. Don't know what division I'm in. I will try to attach a pic, so far my cage is the only thing I haven't had some sort of problem with on THE ENTIRE BUILDUP. Everything else either didn't fit, didn't work, didn't have all the parts, etc. except for the heads of course

[IMG]
Brian
Why don't you come to the Covette Forum Shoot Out on Feb 21. We hope to have a good showing it would be cool to hook up. The info is in the C5 Tech Sec.
Old 11-26-2003, 08:29 AM
On The Tree

What are the dyno numbers on motor? Spray?
Old 11-26-2003, 10:09 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

awesome numbers guys

I can't wait to see a good clean pass.....it's going be even crazier

We hope to hit our Z06 with some spray to.....once we can keep a trans in it

good luck

Larry
Old 11-26-2003, 10:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

awesome run paul !!!

i didnt know A R E built the vette drs motors???

learn somthing new every day
Old 11-26-2003, 10:47 AM
7 Second/200 MPH Club

Originally Posted by brent eb02
awesome run paul !!!

i didnt know A R E built the vette drs motors???

learn somthing new every day
Brent

ARE didn't Build anything I used one of Wade's sleaved blocks read the post. The motor was built and designed by Denise of the VETTE DOCTORS. But you know this!!! I hope you aren't starting sh%t.
Talk to you soon

Last edited by MajorSpray; 11-26-2003 at 03:31 PM.
Old 11-26-2003, 10:52 AM
7 Second/200 MPH Club

Originally Posted by Deividas93GT
What are the dyno numbers on motor? Spray?
The Dyno numbers are good but don't win races so they aren't important.
Lets just say they crank

Larry

The tranny's and rear on the C5 are the number 1 limitation of the car. Try a time delay relay for the spray it helped us live a little longer 9 passes on this tranny and rear a new record for me
Old 11-26-2003, 01:37 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks Guy's
As far as the fastest NHRA legal C5 goes that is a small field only two that I know of.

Wade is still King!!! I hope to take the record soon. Hopefully that will get Wade to break out the beast again.
I am sure we have teens in her I don't know about 8's that is a long way off.
Sorry, Wade and yourself are #2 and #3 respectively. The fastest C5 is owned by Rick Moroso. Granted, it's not an LS1 derived engine and backhalved, but it has stock interior still. Heck, there may be some other ones out there quicker than Rick, but I'm not entirely sure.

Awesome times though! It's nice when everything comes together. I look forward to seeing some more times out of it!
Old 11-26-2003, 02:45 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,160 Likes on 754 Posts

Rick Moroso's car has full tube chassis and a huge carburereted big block so it's really not in the same class.
Old 11-27-2003, 09:12 AM
The Bull

This is not a full tube car C5 (Moroso's car):

It retains all the stock doors, roof, interior (including seats), factory dash, carpet. It's built off a C5 car, it started out as a C5 and still is a C5.

This is a full tube car:

Any questions?
Old 11-27-2003, 09:39 AM
7 Second/200 MPH Club

Derty
That is one impressive car but he is definitely in a different class. I may go that radical in the future but for now, I like to ride around on the street. From the out side my car looks stock. There is another C5 by LPE that went 8.95 but I believe it had a C5R upper end but not 100% sure. Thanks for the photos I will save them for future reference

How fast does that thing go anyway?
Old 11-27-2003, 09:59 AM
The Bull

I don't doubt that it's a different class. But you did list it as one of the fastest C5's, and Rick's is still a C5. You don't back-half a Camaro and not call it a Camaro do you? Everyone likes to be at the top of some list around here. Just making things more realistic.

Rick's car run's 8.80's @ 152+ on motor. He runs in a naturally aspirated class limited to small block V8's. As for the tube car, I believe it run's bottom 7's or so, and probably capable of high 6's. I'm not 100% certain though, I've never seen it at the track yet. It's a fairly new car, just built at the end of last year.

I thought the LPE C5 was the twin turbo 427 without the C5R top end. This one, right? http://www.lingenfelter.com/lpe%20-%...ec%20Vette.mov
Old 11-27-2003, 10:31 AM
7 Second/200 MPH Club

That is the LPE car I was referring to. Again I don't know the details on the car. I had heard that it did have a C5R upper end but I do not know for sure. As for the back half issue A C5 drive line is way different from a camaro. The torque tube and independent suspension creates a lot of power loss. It is also a very weak link. Back halving a C5 creates a greater advantage. It’s a good thing we have classes in our sport.
Old 11-27-2003, 12:55 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,160 Likes on 754 Posts

Steve Dumler (sp?) has that pewter LPE TT car, and it did have C5R heads when folks last talked about the car, I am NOT sure if it went 8's with LS1/LS6/6.0 heads, maybe only with C5R heads.

Rick Moroso's C5 is as much of a stock car that Mike Moran's Camaro is a stock style car.
Old 11-28-2003, 04:27 PM
On The Tree

As for the back half issue A C5 drive line is way different from a camaro. The torque tube and independent suspension creates a lot of power loss. It is also a very weak link. Back halving a C5 creates a greater advantage.

That's a very Good point that alot of people seem to misunderstand .

Quick Reply: !!!!!!!the Vette Doctors C5 Runs 9.39@148!!!!!!!