Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racers post up your vinyle wraps

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 02:26 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
There are many designs that can be created in Photoshop & Illustrator that can't be replicated with an airbrush. That is a main reason for the appeal of vinyl wraps.

I'd much rather have paint, but vinyl opens the doors to much more graphic creativity.

I've got a 100% wrapped Trans Am with custom graphics. I have only had it out once(under construction currently).

I was thinking about putting it in the car show in the shootout in Memphis, but i feel a little against it, as the car isn't done yet to run. The wrap was done by a shop in Memphis.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
There are many designs that can be created in Photoshop & Illustrator that can't be replicated with an airbrush. That is a main reason for the appeal of vinyl wraps.

I'd much rather have paint, but vinyl opens the doors to much more graphic creativity.
ANYTHING can be airbrushed. And it WILL always turnout better than vinal. But you will pay for it. And on a drag car...theres no reason to go crazy on paint when you can go vinal, just because most drag cars arent show cars. The select few that are, pay for it.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much did it cost you tim, if you dont mind. -tony-
Old 09-25-2009, 03:11 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sure,

Mine, without any "sponsorship" is in the $3k range. Something that definately would have been alot higher to reproduce with airbrush and/or paint. Mine is a little over the top, so a basic wrap would be a little cheaper.

If you get pissed or just decide to get rid of the wrap, mine is 3M; It tears right off with minimal to any residue left over! Nice feature.

Last edited by tim99ws6; 09-25-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:00 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackWS666
ANYTHING can be airbrushed. And it WILL always turnout better than vinal.
Show some examples. I'll be happy to change my opinion if you can prove otherwise.

I'm an artist. There are things that CANNOT be duplicated as well with paint as it can with vinyl. Take the JESEL Dodge truck for instance....there is no way to produce the photos used all over the wrap as well with an airbrush as you can with a computer.

Quick Reply: Racers post up your vinyle wraps