Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"CAM ONLY" setup, I want to use LS6 heads?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 06:30 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i guess the nitrous record is just a internet thing then ..... on a diff note are hads are bone stock and are pistons are NOT flycut ....also stoch head gasgets
Old 11-19-2009, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

So what about those who's T/A's came stock with the ls6 in them and they post their cam only times???
Old 11-19-2009, 07:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by chevyman9306
So what about those who's T/A's came stock with the ls6 in them and they post their cam only times???
I could be wrong but I am unaware of an actual LS6 being put in any f-body from GM. They did put the Ls6 block in late 02's from what little I have heard, but I do no believe they put an entire ls6 in any..
Old 11-19-2009, 07:43 PM
8 Second Club

still only has a 241 heads so its ok in my book.... no f-body came with 243 heads
Old 11-19-2009, 08:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

holy hell...just put him on the vette list then...just read the times and mods and make your own judgements...nothing is equal about any of these cars...PERFECT EXAMPLE is the leader of the SI list, just your average f body right?
Old 11-19-2009, 10:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by chrs1313
holy hell...just put him on the vette list then...just read the times and mods and make your own judgements...nothing is equal about any of these cars...PERFECT EXAMPLE is the leader of the SI list, just your average f body right?
Noone said it had to be equal or average, it just has be within the parameters set up for the specific record. If the parameters aren't followed then there's no point to the list at all... we are already on an honor system.

Like I said before this isn't taking anything away from his times. They are great times, but that doesn't mean it belongs on a list, there are plenty of fast cars that don't fit a specific list.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:37 AM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

What is the prize for the fastest cam only car? Is there some sort of trophy people pass around or something?
Old 11-20-2009, 04:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitroused383
What is the prize for the fastest cam only car? Is there some sort of trophy people pass around or something?
just your girlfriend... lol
Old 11-20-2009, 07:38 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Magnet
Noone said it had to be equal or average, it just has be within the parameters set up for the specific record. If the parameters aren't followed then there's no point to the list at all... we are already on an honor system.

Like I said before this isn't taking anything away from his times. They are great times, but that doesn't mean it belongs on a list, there are plenty of fast cars that don't fit a specific list.
Agreed the point I was trying to make is if we are going to bitch about stock untouched 243 heads, which thousands of corvettes come with stock, why not bitch about transplants into 2600lbs cars or big money trans’s…I mean if it is just important to have the motor stock and everything else goes I am putting a stock motor in a rail/tube car and destroying the record for all classes…

Like I said it is just an internet list…who cares put him with the corvettes or have an * with ls6 heads…nothing is even close to the same about these cars so why make a big deal about heads…Weights can vary by 600lbs, and DA’s by 3000ft…don’t you think that has more of an impact that stock 243 heads that add maybe 20rwhp…
Old 11-20-2009, 09:05 AM
11 Second Club

Wow Johnny look what you started lol j/k. And every one is cry about my ls6 setup like I was hiding that it was a ls6 long block
Old 11-20-2009, 10:46 AM
11 Second Club

Agreed the point I was trying to make is if we are going to bitch about stock untouched 243 heads, which thousands of corvettes come with stock, why not bitch about transplants into 2600lbs cars or big money trans’s…I mean if it is just important to have the motor stock and everything else goes I am putting a stock motor in a rail/tube car and destroying the record for all classes…

Like I said it is just an internet list…who cares put him with the corvettes or have an * with ls6 heads…nothing is even close to the same about these cars so why make a big deal about heads…Weights can vary by 600lbs, and DA’s by 3000ft…don’t you think that has more of an impact that stock 243 heads that add maybe 20rwhp…
Maybe so, but it still doesn't mean it belongs on the list. As far as the rail, I agree some of the lists seem to not care what car it is in. I protested when they put a foxbody on the N/A list because it wasn't an F-body, but apparently they didn't care for that list.

One thing I think we can all agree on at least for these lists is that it should be in an F-body. Although not specifically stated in the rules, I think we can all agree that it is insinuated since this is ls1tech, and the lists true intention were f-bodies. Now a tube chassis f-body might work but that's for a different time..

I'm sorry to be a bitch, and I know it is just an online list, but that's no reason to ruin the lists. It was never intended to make it an equal playing field on these lists. It wasn't like well if his car is 2600lbs then a full weight car should get a 100shot. No, the point is that the parameters have to be followed, and generally the guy with the most money to spend (light, trans, drivetrain etc) is always going to win. It's the nature of it. You don't see a guy with 10k in his car competing in the radial class and running 7's, should they make the rules different?

Originally Posted by 98blueSScamaro
Wow Johnny look what you started lol j/k. And every one is cry about my ls6 setup like I was hiding that it was a ls6 long block
No, you never hid anything, I know that, and I respect you even more for it I am sorry that it's you, because you seem like a cool guy. For the record I think you could make a good case to be on a vette list..
Old 11-20-2009, 10:53 AM
10 Second Club

yeah i know so i guess i know what you have to do rob...

take the heads off throw on some 241s and just drop another 200lbs to make up for the heads and run the exact same time...would that qualify then...kinda sounds stupid when you think of it that way right since there is no weight restriction...see how trival it is...
Old 11-20-2009, 11:08 AM
11 Second Club

yeah i know so i guess i know what you have to do rob...

take the heads off throw on some 241s and just drop another 200lbs to make up for the heads and run the exact same time...would that qualify then...kinda sounds stupid when you think of it that way right since there is no weight restriction...see how trival it is...
Not disagreeing that it is trivial... I do however think it would be harder to drop 200lbs then to slap on some 243's
Old 11-20-2009, 12:11 PM
10 Second Club

Not disagreeing that it is trivial... I do however think it would be harder to drop 200lbs then to slap on some 243's
now difficulty of install/unstall is involved...HAHA
Old 11-20-2009, 12:23 PM
11 Second Club

Well the only thing I don't get is you all act like I added my self to the list when I didn't a admin did I just posted the time looking to get up with the vette's. But no big **** I am in the stage of putting a jug in the car to see how fast she will go cam with spary so I may try to lower the times on the car the way it is or I may not we will see
Old 11-20-2009, 12:28 PM
On The Tree

I thought "CAM ONLY" meant ONLY a cam. As in, only you and a cam, nothing else. No engine, no car, no clothes, just a cam. You have to run down a 1/4 mile strip, naked, while carrying a camshaft.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:34 PM
11 Second Club

now difficulty of install/unstall is involved...HAHA
Really? I feel like I'm being quite civil, and have only respect for you, no need to be petty. If you read it again I was agreeing with you, so I would appreciate if you leave out the attitude.

I obviously wasn't adding difficulty of install, it was just a statement regarding your previous assertation.

Originally Posted by 98blueSScamaro
Well the only thing I don't get is you all act like I added my self to the list when I didn't a admin did I just posted the time looking to get up with the vette's. But no big **** I am in the stage of putting a jug in the car to see how fast she will go cam with spary so I may try to lower the times on the car the way it is or I may not we will see
I apologize if I am pointing this at you, I am really trying not to. Your car is just the one under debate.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:40 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by spoonraker
I thought "CAM ONLY" meant ONLY a cam. As in, only you and a cam, nothing else. No engine, no car, no clothes, just a cam. You have to run down a 1/4 mile strip, naked, while carrying a camshaft.
At least the rules would be easy to follow... of course people might have a problem with the people who are fit and in shape because their times would be better than the 300lbers rolling down the track.. those skinny bastards and their "weight reduction"
Old 11-20-2009, 04:14 PM
10 Second Club

Really? I feel like I'm being quite civil, and have only respect for you, no need to be petty. If you read it again I was agreeing with you, so I would appreciate if you leave out the attitude.
i was being civil you are just looking into things...you dig so i dig
Old 11-20-2009, 05:51 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Quick Reply: "CAM ONLY" setup, I want to use LS6 heads?