Sponsored by:

Sneak Peak (The Money Shot)

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 11:07 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FSTR-THANU
Damn, and I thought it looked good!

MSD8 should be in tomorrow or Thursday. The RacePak stuff... I am trying! I hope we have have something shortly.

Tom
everything looks really good Tom,good luck with it when you get it running.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:35 AM
Outlaw 10.5 Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shawn @ VA Speed
everything looks really good Tom,good luck with it when you get it running.
Hopefully we can be out before too long!

Unfortunately, there will be a hole in the top of the hood to clear the elbow. Neither of my hoods would fit!

Tom
Old 09-14-2010, 12:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately, there will be a hole in the top of the hood to clear the elbow. Neither of my hoods would fit!

Tom
Couldn't the body shop fiberglass around it to make a 'bulge' ?
Old 09-14-2010, 12:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

big bummer on the hood not clearing, getting a decent looking bulge or something would be a little better than just poking the elbow through it
Old 09-14-2010, 02:33 PM
7 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

With as tall as the intake is, you probably could have gotten John to make a intake that would have cleared the hood. Looks killer either way.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:46 PM
Launching!

Powder coat the elbow white and call it a day. It should blend in and hide well.

Looks great.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:04 PM
12 Second Club

Thats one sexy bird.. Love watching it come together.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:39 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could you mill both of the mounting flanges? I'm not sure how much clearance you're looking for.

What made you decide to go with the XFI this time around? I've been reading about Phil having constant issues with the BS3 setup. I also really like those speedwire setups. I've seen them on a couple cars, but didn't really notice all of the cool features they have until I went to their site.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:30 PM
Outlaw 10.5 Director

Originally Posted by Phil99vette
With as tall as the intake is, you probably could have gotten John to make a intake that would have cleared the hood. Looks killer either way.
Thanks Phil. Naturally you just cant beat an engine dyno to fine tune runner length/shape and optimal plenum shape etc... I even tried Helmholtz calculations to match the runner length to the operating band but honestly when you look at the exhaust pulse velocities, intake pulse velocities I could never come up with anything worth a ****. I actually modeled and meshed various intake designs including your design for FEA analysis. I could not get the distribution in a front mount no matter how much I tipped the TB face or cut the back volume and increased the front. Now the plenum size is something that was very hard to match with the carb style manifold; hence the 5in TB, 2in spacer and 5in charge tube. Hopefully I will be able to get the best of both worlds but if I were to have Marcella make me a manifold I would feed the lid from both sides similar to Major's design. I never actually tested it but that would be the best bet at good distribution without needing as much individual cylinder tuning.

Tom
Old 09-16-2010, 10:27 AM
7 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks Phil. Naturally you just cant beat an engine dyno to fine tune runner length/shape and optimal plenum shape etc... I even tried Helmholtz calculations to match the runner length to the operating band but honestly when you look at the exhaust pulse velocities, intake pulse velocities I could never come up with anything worth a ****. I actually modeled and meshed various intake designs including your design for FEA analysis. I could not get the distribution in a front mount no matter how much I tipped the TB face or cut the back volume and increased the front. Now the plenum size is something that was very hard to match with the carb style manifold; hence the 5in TB, 2in spacer and 5in charge tube. Hopefully I will be able to get the best of both worlds but if I were to have Marcella make me a manifold I would feed the lid from both sides similar to Major's design. I never actually tested it but that would be the best bet at good distribution without needing as much individual cylinder tuning.

Tom
I hear ya. We've got less than 2% correction in only one cylinder and the engine runs within abotu 1.5 to 2% across the board. Cost is always a big issue. How much longer?
Old 09-16-2010, 01:10 PM
9 Second Club

Billy Big Mouth Elbow??

LOL !
Old 09-16-2010, 08:31 PM
FormerVendor

Tom

Tom,that why i had John build my big block intake like that.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

those intakes are pure works of art
Old 09-17-2010, 02:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tom
wow, hpc? or desktop?

also, whoever designed that intercooler understood fatigue. Was that design yours?

Last edited by SScam68; 09-17-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Outlaw 10.5 Director

Originally Posted by Shawn @ VA Speed
Tom,that why i had John build my big block intake like that.

That is what I am talking about! Maybe next time.

Tom
Old 09-18-2010, 12:07 PM
Outlaw 10.5 Director

Crunch time!

Joe Oplaski from Hyperaktive hooked me up with the MSD 8 Plus.

Yep, Harlan was here!

Twister anyone?

The suspension is in and all hardware torqued to spec!

Lee from BMR... Thanks, from phone to car in 24 hours!

A little QC Coatings BLING!!

So close yet still soooo far!

Tom
Old 09-18-2010, 01:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

That's a bad looking b!tch.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Goddamn that thing is ridiculous. Can't wait to see some videos of it out on the track.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

wow....that car is just gorgeous....
Old 09-19-2010, 03:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

The cars coming together really nice.

Quick Reply: Sneak Peak (The Money Shot)