Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

25.3 Outlaw Drag Radial Camaro Build

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011 | 09:47 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Eddie Krawiec
Jesel for one used my heads and block to make all the stuff they now sell.
Jesel changed the cover on the belt drive after yours was made. You have one of one. Weston had to rewrite the cnc program also.

The heads were not yours. They were blank castings sent by Cary that Jesel drilled and tapped for the pedestals. They were sent back to him for further developement. The ports and chambers weren't even finished at this time.

Diamond, Wisco, and T&D were also sent castings of the likes...
Old 06-06-2011 | 10:54 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Firehawk441
Jesel changed the cover on the belt drive after yours was made. You have one of one. Weston had to rewrite the cnc program also.

The heads were not yours. They were blank castings sent by Cary that Jesel drilled and tapped for the pedestals. They were sent back to him for further developement. The ports and chambers weren't even finished at this time.

Diamond, Wisco, and T&D were also sent castings of the likes...
I'm not going to get into a pissing match over something so stupid. If that is the case then so be it.

Cary was going to work with TnD and I had told him that I wanted to use the Jesel stuff. I was asked by Bob @ Jesel to give them heads with a blanket slate up top so the could see what would be best. Danny had said for the best results this would be the best way to do it to go around the bolt placement. Once that was done Cary had to move the ports around a little so rather then waste a set it was better to send them the blanks.

As for the block side of the program. I had my block shipped to Jesel for there use. If they made changes since I wouldn't know. It is not often the first run stuff will stay the same. My belt drive fits and works just fine so I'm good with it and I'm sure whatever changes will only make it better.

Last edited by Eddie Krawiec; 06-06-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-07-2011 | 10:21 PM
Launching!

It is funny how things just spin out of control. I would rather see this go back on topic. All I wanted to do here was share the car I was building. That was it.

Well anyway. I planed to go to DMC and pick up my motor and turbo system this weekend and get it on the dyno in the following weeks but DMC is behind on some other builds and mine is not ready yet. So I will post stuff as I get it.

Thanks
Old 06-08-2011 | 12:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Outstanding craftsmanship Eddie, keep up the good work!

Kurt
Old 06-08-2011 | 03:09 PM
On The Tree

DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the build Eddie, hope to see more progress soon...
Old 06-08-2011 | 03:39 PM
Race your car!

Eddie I went thru the thread and tried to clean the banter out of it as much as I could. If there's something that went that shouldn't have, I apologize.

Thanks for signing your poster last weekend at Englishtown, and congrats on a killer qualifying effort. Sorry the eliminations didn't go the same way.
Old 06-09-2011 | 07:06 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Eddie I went thru the thread and tried to clean the banter out of it as much as I could. If there's something that went that shouldn't have, I apologize.

Thanks for signing your poster last weekend at Englishtown, and congrats on a killer qualifying effort. Sorry the eliminations didn't go the same way.
What did I say that needed to be deleted?
Old 06-09-2011 | 07:11 AM
Race your car!

It was an effort to keep the thread on topic, nothing more.

Eddie is DMC setting your turbo system up with the bullhorns, or are you taking a more traditional route with that?
Old 06-09-2011 | 07:27 AM
9 Second Club
15 Year Member

For once I agree with something you said, or in this case what you did.

Car is looking great Eddie!

Sean
Old 06-09-2011 | 11:33 AM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

Eddie is DMC setting your turbo system up with the bullhorns, or are you taking a more traditional route with that?
I hope he dosn't go with bullhorns.. they make the cars look so shitty
Old 06-09-2011 | 04:59 PM
Launching!

Thanks Guys

It could have stayed as is but it never hurts to clean things up. I'm a easy guy.

As for the car. All I can say is I don't care how well Bull Horns work I can't bring myself to do it the basic way. I have given it a lot of thought and think I know a way to do something that will be clean and not look bad. If we can't do it then the car will have the basic holes on the back side of the front tire.
Old 06-09-2011 | 05:43 PM
Race your car!

Good ot hear. That bullhorn thing, after seeing it on all the promod cars last weekend just does look silly. Even if it works, I still think that would be an absolute LAST resort.
Old 06-09-2011 | 05:53 PM
10 Second Club

I think I am the only one that dont mind the bullhorns. Untill you trip over those bastards.
Old 06-09-2011 | 10:19 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

The one thing that I can not stress is make sure you have fun doing it.

When I started this build I wanted a car that I could drive to the track 3 miles away. Well it is what it is now since I just don't know how to stick to my own plans. It would have been done a long time ago if I did but then what fun would that have been.

To answer some of the questions being asked.

One thing I will say is I have not yet thought about how hard I'm going to try and run this thing. The dyno will tell me if it is worth trying to go really fast or keep it in 275 trim with a 88mm set up on it. I really want to enjoy it and run it more then I have to fix it. I built it over kill for this reason.

Next people are talking about the travel side of racing. Here is some thought.

We drive 1 Semi truck and 2 motorhomes 22,000 miles a year. Now that isn't all the races since the car teams go to 23 and we only do 16 so our numbers are a little soft vs some others. We also are only a 5 person team unlike some car teams that are 12-15 guys. Our stuff gets in the area of 5 miles per gal. So that works out to roughly $52,000 + in diesel just to get to a race.

I know most fuel cars have 2 semi trucks a motorhome and a truck that tows a 26 ft or so trailer with spare parts and bodies in it. I know one top team that spends $500,000 in travel a year for the trucks and crew and gets right to about $800,000 with hotels etc..... Now they all need to get paid.

Racing is not cheap. We all do what we can afford and at the level we can. But one key thing is not to build or buy things 2 or 3 times. That is when the cost really gets high. I opted to go over kill on everything since I know the level I want to end up at with this thing and tried to play it smart. So at this point I'm open minded and will see what it takes to go the et that makes me and yes my wife happy. LOL. If I was single with out a kid I would have this thing on full tilt every run.

Well I got some little things to do and I hope to have some pictures and updates in the next few days for you guys.

Thanks
In my eyes your doing it right. You will have a blast with the car, thanks for sharing the build!

NOTE TO OTHERS!!! Keep this thread on track. Thanks.
Old 06-10-2011 | 07:50 AM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by eddie krawiec
as for the car. All i can say is i don't care how well bull horns work i can't bring myself to do it the basic way. I have given it a lot of thought and think i know a way to do something that will be clean and not look bad.
zoomies ftmfw

Last edited by fenton06; 06-10-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old 06-10-2011 | 10:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

As for the car. All I can say is I don't care how well Bull Horns work I can't bring myself to do it the basic way.
x1000000000
Old 06-10-2011 | 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn nice build this one!
Old 06-26-2011 | 11:56 PM
10 Second Club

Congrats on the Win Eddie.
Old 06-27-2011 | 01:04 PM
Teching In

Congrats on the win man! The runs looked good!
Old 06-27-2011 | 05:47 PM
Launching!

Thanks guys. It was a good but lucky weekend. Sometimes things just work out in the end.

I wish I had a update on the car but I have been so busy I can't say I do. I will get on that and try to post something soon.

Ed

Quick Reply: 25.3 Outlaw Drag Radial Camaro Build