Old 06-23-2012, 10:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

oh my pants, their ruined. thanks!
Old 06-26-2012, 08:43 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Eddie are those the stock doors on the car? Are you leaving them on? Reason I ask, is the weight of the door, is there any signs of flex after removing all of the front end metal when teh door is opened, or was the area reinforced from the inside to prevent any issues? Just curious, as we're about to do the same thing to my project and the thought to put a plate on the inside of where the hinges bolt to, and tie that to the front down bar was how we wanted to add strength to the door hinge mounting area, if there was any sign of sagging.....
They are the stock doors. They have not been lightened any as of yet but I plan on doing a little.

They didn't bend or move anything when cutting into stuff however I would plate the inside area anyway by the hinge. Depending on where you down bar is off of your halo hoop you may be able to tie a plate right into that for the best results. That also will help tie the bar into the chassis.

I do plan on carbon doors in the future but until I get the car out and see some results they are on hold. I'm going to look into getting a set of inner and outer molds made so the door will have a roll up type of window. I really don't want a fixed in window. I can't stand that look. If I have a set done they will be done the right way.

Thanks and good luck with your stuff.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow that beast is coming along nicely! I would love to build something like that.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:14 PM
Launching!

Hey Eddie-

Enjoying watching this build almost as much as I enjoy watching you guys on Sundays. Where will you primarily be running the Camaro....which track, events, associations?

BTW, I gotta admit I'm faithful to our hometown boy LE. Gotta root for him first and foremost. Just doesn't look like he can run with yall this year. I just wish ESPN would give you guys and Pro Stock more coverage than they do. Good luck none-the-less and keep 'er between the guardrails.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:00 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by slow and da curious
Hey Eddie-

Enjoying watching this build almost as much as I enjoy watching you guys on Sundays. Where will you primarily be running the Camaro....which track, events, associations?

BTW, I gotta admit I'm faithful to our hometown boy LE. Gotta root for him first and foremost. Just doesn't look like he can run with yall this year. I just wish ESPN would give you guys and Pro Stock more coverage than they do. Good luck none-the-less and keep 'er between the guardrails.
I don't wanna throw this thread off, but I have to agree with you, PSM is getting the shaft right now. In more ways than one.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:51 PM
10 Second Club

It looks great Eddie.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:11 AM
Teching In

I joined largely due to this thread. Great tech and pictures. I cant wait to see how the rear is set up!!
Old 07-15-2012, 01:51 PM
Launching!

Well I got in the oil tank. I had it made to hold 5-6 quarts in the tank and between the motor lines etc... it should hold total of 7-8 quarts in the entire system. That should be more then enough for a drag car. I also got it with a pre filter on it to help avoid any extra junk getting in the oil. Here is what it looks like.

I'm waiting on some more photos from DMC on the build side so once I get them I will post them up.

Thanks
Old 07-15-2012, 02:28 PM
Launching!

I also got my trailer picked this week. This thing is bad ***. I looked at a bunch of trailer builders and to be honest Intech just kept sticking out. So I went and checked out a few different options and came to fact that spending a few bucks more will be more then worth it in the long run.

Well to explain what I mean is the quality of a Intech can not be found in any of the others that I looked. That is what I feel set them a part from everyone else. The seams and joints are spot on and NO SHARP EDGES on anything. The edges all have been filed or sanded so it doesn't feel like you are walking next to a razor blade any place around this thing.

I chose to do a 28" complete aluminum trailer to save on weight. I also opted to spec it out to the way I wanted it built. I went through TCS Trailers or bestpricetrailers.com. They took great care of me and made it easy to build. Intech was good to work with and made it easy to understand the prints. Overall it was a great experience.

Well here are some pictures of it.

Here is inside the box I had made on the tongue. It has the spare mounted to the wall and a air line fitting and electric outlet inside for mounting a compressor in the box. I also will be putting a gas tank to run the generator that will mount to the front wall. This thing allowed me to save a bunch of space inside by using what in most cases is wasted area on a trailer.

I also had a bunch of extra LED's put down the side.

Full aluminum floor on the bottom and door along with outlets every place on this thing. It always seams like trailers never can have enough. It also has a air line in the front and rear inside the trailer and one outside in front of the right side wheels.

The right side is set up to have a roll cart under the bench when loaded and when it is remover it turns into a desk area so you can put you computer and have a place to look at data.

Left side has the Generator box, Locker and upper and lower storage with 2 draws.

One more little trick thing is I have lots of 12v LED's inside the trailer a long with 120v lighting. This is the 12v LED on. Inside each 120v light box is a 12v LED strip and also under each work area is a 12v LED light making sure light will never be a issue.

Well if you are in the market for a trailer and willing to spend a few buck more for something that set's it self a part from the rest I would suggest a Intech. It tows like a dram even with my 1500 pick up and just tracks so nice.

Old 07-15-2012, 03:50 PM
Launching!

Damn that's a sweet *** trailer. It should do the job just fine...and then some.

I asked in an earlier post and it didn't get answered but where will you primarily be racing the car Eddie? Northeast?
Old 07-15-2012, 04:49 PM
Launching!

Damn that's a sweet *** trailer. It should do the job just fine...and then some.

I asked in an earlier post and it didn't get answered but where will you primarily be racing the car Eddie? Northeast?
Sorry I must have missed that. I live out in Indy so I would say Mid West but I will plan on making some east coast races. It all will come down to what falls off NHRA races I'm at. I do plan on using the car as much as I can once I get it running the way I think it should. I want to be able to attend some of the bigger races and most of them are east coast races. Time will tell.

Thanks
Old 07-15-2012, 07:13 PM
Launching!

Thank you and good luck with the car. Say, when you're running an NHRA event, can I borrow the trailer?

LOL...j/k man.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 07-15-2012, 08:39 PM
12 Second Club

Why didn't you go for a goose neck? Trailer looks sick either way!
Old 07-15-2012, 09:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by fenton06
Why didn't you go for a goose neck? Trailer looks sick either way!
I wanted to be able to tow behind a motorhome if needed. I thought about going with a gooseneck but it does limit your options.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:39 PM
Launching!

Well I have a few other pictures to post.

Got some of the floor patched up. Since no place makes floor pans for Gen 4 Camaro's we had to make a filler patch. No big deal to make it just takes a little bit of extra to fab out the parts.

Well this is the mid plate I had to install

It went in with really no problems and was cut and dry. Very clean looking and the bends really help the fit.

The engine then was pulled back out to do some more welding and fitting of other parts. While it's out all the little misc holes can be filled and patches can be done along with the metal prep side of things.

Around back the parachute mount was made. Dennis made it nice and clean looking along with adding a little style to it.

Next he played around with tire placement. It is kind of tricky to fit the 275 & 315 tire inside and keeping a balanced look. The other issue with the Camaro is to run a wider tire and make the ride height of the car the way we want it the tires have to be set in a little. If you don't set the tire inside the upper lip area the car will be raked a little much. This is done with a narrow rear and big offset on the wheels. The nice thing is the rear wheels have a deep dish and I think look great on the car. Also this thing should sit nice and low.

Well I hope to be able to post a few more in the coming weeks. As I get them I will post them. Thanks EK
Old 08-14-2012, 08:11 PM
Launching!

Coming along nicely Eddie. Who makes the wheels?
Old 08-15-2012, 02:53 PM
Launching!

Coming along nicely Eddie. Who makes the wheels?
The wheels are made by Mickey Thompson and then were sent off to Mac Fab Beadlocks to have the rings done. Mickey doesn't make the size With Beadlocks so I had to have them done.

Thanks
Old 08-16-2012, 02:20 AM
TECH Regular

Hey Eddie, the car is coming along nice!! Sweet trailer man!!
Old 08-16-2012, 06:50 AM
10 Second Club

Eddie, IRP was hooking so good last night. My car cut a pb 60' on motor. 1.304. And went 9.80@134.
It was a great night for testing for sure.

Skillman was out there testing two of his super snakes also. They are fast.

Quick Reply: 25.3 Outlaw Drag Radial Camaro Build