wow thats really, really nice.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice build man.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:39 AM
On The Tree

The car looks great. I can't wait to see it up close and in person.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WTF did you sell this to a dude named mike from chicago?
Old 06-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by AChotrod
WTF did you sell this to a dude named mike from chicago?
Not a chance. I've waited this long and to sell it before it was finished would never happen.

I got offered good money for the car a few times and passed it up. I'm excited that we are not to far away now and really want to drive it. Once I get back from my trip I hope to do some more updates.

I'm heading to Sweden for a race this weekend and should have some stuff to post next week.

Thanks
Old 06-12-2012, 12:48 PM
11 Second Club

Thats good to hear! Been following the build since it started and couldnt believe it.

He took the pics down after I said it was your car. lol
http://www.chitownracing.com/forums/...prise-for-2013
Old 06-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Very nice Eddie! Does this mean you will be skipping the NHRA events to go LS racing next season?
Old 06-12-2012, 06:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats good to hear! Been following the build since it started and couldnt believe it.

haters gona hate
Old 06-13-2012, 02:50 AM
Staging Lane

hahahahahhahaahahahhaahhaahah

eddie it is looking great. never been so excited to see a car finished. will see ya at 66 for the nationals
Old 06-13-2012, 07:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Sell the car , you'll never finish it.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Launching!

So I some guy asked today if I would sell the car. That is it. Far from what has been written on other boards. That was a good read though.

My reply was to make a offer and don't low ball it. LOL

I have a few more pictures to post but I'm on the road and only have my phone so I can't do it until I get back next week.

Thanks guys.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NHRAFORMULA00
Sell the car , you'll never finish it.
You right. I will work on a for sale add.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:52 AM
9 Second Club

Received 239 Likes on 178 Posts

Can't wait to see it finished. It looks top notch! Are you sure you wont be bored racing the car when its done compared to racing motorcycles? I would think the car would be kinda slow paced compared to your motorcycle.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:11 AM
9 Second Club

Everything looks fantastic! All these builds take just short of forever and yours is exceptional so def. worth the wait.
One thing I do not understand, for the life of me-on your car and many other high dollar LS builds is why, WHY does EVERYONE keeps those damn ugly stock shock towers in place on these builds???????????????
Your fab guy-who is obviously an artist-can EASILY fab up a tubular shock tower-give you more room for headers-changing plugs etc.
Is there a reason everyone leaves them in? Class rules or something?
Old 06-15-2012, 01:10 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

The class rules dictate stock front suspension... if the shock towers are cut off, there may be questions on whether it's still "stock" or not (you could move the upper a arm mount, etc.. when it's still there like it was from the factory noone questions the location)

At least that's how it's been explained to me... if someone has a better explanation by all means correct me on it.

I don't know if 8.50 would care if they're gone.. I haven't checked into it "yet". As we get closer to doing the engine bay, it's one thing that I've considered. A tubular one would certainly make access to the bbc alot easier that's for sure.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by tektrans
Everything looks fantastic! All these builds take just short of forever and yours is exceptional so def. worth the wait.
One thing I do not understand, for the life of me-on your car and many other high dollar LS builds is why, WHY does EVERYONE keeps those damn ugly stock shock towers in place on these builds???????????????
Your fab guy-who is obviously an artist-can EASILY fab up a tubular shock tower-give you more room for headers-changing plugs etc.
Is there a reason everyone leaves them in? Class rules or something?
Well most rules state OE mounting. If you remove the tower you couldn't tell OE placement or really tell anything. Yes they are ugly but we just brace them and them part of the chassis. It is the best option.

They really are not a issue with my headers but I know it could be tight if you don't build your own header. Bottom line is they do the job and allow the car to fit anyplace really.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:57 PM
9 Second Club

Well that makes sense then, no wonder everyone keeps them.
Your fab guy definately makes them look as good as possible and the way it's welded up to the tube work is impressive.
Thanks guys for the explanation.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:40 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Build is coming along nicely. Keep the pictures coming. Can't wait to see this car at some of the LS Shootouts!!!
Old 06-23-2012, 09:39 PM
Launching!

Well here are a few more updated pictures. I've just been busy and haven't had a chance to post them until now.

Dennis has been working on fitting in the windshield. I opted to not use a glass window for the safety side of things so I went with a Speedglass drop in style. These things are made really nice and fit the car great. One more really nice thing is the fact that the drop in is 23 lbs lighter then a OEM glass window. Here are some pictures.

Dennis will also be putting some screws around the outside of the window to keep in place. This style window doesn't require them but for safety we are going to do it.

Next DMC fitted the VFN rear hatch. I got a hinged style fiberglass hatch for a few reasons. The main thing is now we don't have to fill the back panel where the OE wing mounts and this will help keep down weight. I also wanted to maintain the OE look and didn't want to need 2 people to remove the thing so making sure it bolted on was a major plus. It fit nice but needed a little work around the edges.

Next was getting the Carbon wing all mounted up. This wing was made by Joe Van Overbeek and anyone that knows about his stuff know the quality of it. It is built strong and just fits like it should.

Dennis is going to make up a set of side spill plates that fit the body a little closer and follow the lines so we didn't add them yet.

Hopefully I will have a few more things in the coming days. I got to get Dennis to send the pictures over and I will post them.

Thanks EK
Old 06-23-2012, 09:54 PM
Staging Lane

car just keeps looking better and better. Just remember you will have it done eventually. My dad and I are just now starting on a long term Camaro build for my first drag car. Even though I am hoping to have it done at the end of next summer, I doubt it will happen.

Quick Reply: 25.3 Outlaw Drag Radial Camaro Build