Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

25.3 Outlaw Drag Radial Camaro Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 08:33 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Eddie Krawiec
Your right we can go in a hack everything off but then!!!!

When I go and race the 275 stuff and other misc classes we don't want the car to fall into any gray areas. Some tracks have rules to prevent you from basically re front halfing the car.

We could have made the front end a tube front clip with stock mounts and frame rails just sitting and doing nothing but it would be a bitch for every race I ever go to on the tech side. This is whay it is done the way it is. We will keep enough to make it work and be stock but be done clean.
Fair enough.

I just know, that with the $ you've dropped on weight reduction stuff.. it just seems strange to leave metal that's not needed.

I'll have to take a picture when I get done with the front of mine... I'm aiming for 8.50 index stuff, (like what etown runs on friday nights, cecil on the weekends, etc) pretty open there to do whatever I want, and if it's not needed, it's going!
Old 01-24-2011, 06:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

updates!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2011, 07:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JL I think you forgot where the search tab is (it's up along the top of the page.) lol This I'd what your talking about, and what I just done to my car but as Eddie said he won't be going this route to keep his options open with events with more strict rules.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:15 PM
11 Second Club

Man I wish I could do that stuff^^ Problem is I dont want to hack the car, but more importantly Im to broke to pay someone to do it.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:30 PM
9 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by AChotrod
Man I wish I could do that stuff^^ Problem is I dont want to hack the car, but more importantly Im to broke to pay someone to do it.
When it comes to cutting up cars, my labor is cheap. Keep that in mind

Sean
Old 01-24-2011, 10:34 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Cool build. Looking forward to seeing it at the track. I'll be at Milan this year racing too. See you there.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:24 PM
Launching!

Here is a update on the wheels.

I got the Mickey Thompson Pro-5 Wheels. These things are really nice and true as can be. The only issue is they didn't make a beadlock in a 15" wheel. So I contacted Tommy Kirk of Mac Fab Performance & Beadlocks to put a set on. Tommy and I got talking and I told him I didn't want a beadlock that is like the basic rings and he was glad to hear that. So he did a set of R&D rings for my wheels and they came out great. They will be getting polished tomorrow and sent out to DMC Racing to get fitted onto the car.

Check them out.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:19 PM
7 Second Club

Wheels look killer! Getting closer to the finished product?

Derek
Old 01-26-2011, 08:02 PM
Launching!

It's getting closer. Just working on the fab part of the turbo system and waiting on parts. As we get them in they get put on. This stuff just takes so much time to get in and in most of the build process that is what takes all the time. I hope to have a few pictures of the motor sitting in the car soon. I don't want to have them stop anything to take a few pictures.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:55 AM
Race your car!

Originally Posted by 358chevycamaro
JL I think you forgot where the search tab is (it's up along the top of the page.) lol This I'd what your talking about, and what I just done to my car but as Eddie said he won't be going this route to keep his options open with events with more strict rules.

The guy that did that car, is the same guy I have doing mine... so you already know how it's gonna look. Well, at least that part

I didn't forget about the search either..... those weren't the exact pictures that I was looking for. Close though.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:03 AM
TECH Veteran

Damn Eddie, those wheels look sick man! Cannot wait to see thing out at Friday Night Rage!
Old 01-28-2011, 04:56 PM
Launching!

The biggest reason for not doing it this way was some tracks have the rules saying you can only mod the front support. As we build the turbo set-up and run the cold side if we need the room and have to open it up we will but until we cross that bridge I will not know. So mine might or might not get cut out. I hope to know more in the next few days.

Thanks Ed

Last edited by Eddie Krawiec; 01-28-2011 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

looks similar to mine...except I kept a bit more of the front frame rail...
Old 01-28-2011, 08:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Fireball
Yea same with mine. That is cut back a little far. It is great if you were doing a outlaw 10.5 car but the radial rules sometimes don't allow the any mods to the frame rails. It would be a fine line on the tech end of things with it cut back that far and is worth minimum savings really. The key is to build it so you can race at any event or class without a issue.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:31 AM
Staging Lane

great build! Love the wheels
Old 01-29-2011, 08:49 AM
Race your car!

Originally Posted by Fireball
Essentially what we're doign with mine. BUt, we're going to run a perimiter bar around the engine bay to mount the stock fenders, bumper support, headlight covers and hood to, so that way it "has all the stock body panels" on it, so noone bitches about that, fog lights are staying so I have "headlights", the running lights will still work, I'm going to leave enough of the frame rails so noone will cry.. they will be there right up to where the radiator support usually is, then they will end. Just enough room to put Tom's old radiator over in the corner at an angle.

Hard to describe, but we have our reasons. The stock body panels should save that headache. The stock radiator support, that ****'s all going, I know the nmca stuff doesn't like that, but for 8.50 that I want to run, they don't care about that. x275, god forbid I ever want to take a swing at that (probably be no more then a field filler for the back 1/2, and will probably never qualify for the top 8) it would be fine as well.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Great build eddie! Subscribing !
Old 01-30-2011, 01:49 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

He Eddie, talked to a little bit about the car when y'all where here in Houston last year. Looks like you've made a ton of headway getting this thing ready. And all the parts look straight up gansta $$$.

Did you ever divulge the brand of the operating system for the motor? I think I remeber yall talking about BS3, AEM and Motec.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Blown06
He Eddie, talked to a little bit about the car when y'all where here in Houston last year. Looks like you've made a ton of headway getting this thing ready. And all the parts look straight up gansta $$$.

Did you ever divulge the brand of the operating system for the motor? I think I remeber yall talking about BS3, AEM and Motec.
To tell you the truth I haven't made up my mind 100%. I really just want to put a Big Stuff 3 since I know they are easy to work with and are every where.

However, I have worked with the Motec stuff since we run them on our bikes and I know it. I just don't think I need everything that the box can do so it might be a waste.

I really need to make a choice soon so I can get the parts here so when we go to wire the car I have it all. I will post as soon as I know.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:56 PM
11 Second Club

Eddie you should enter this car in Chicagos KOTS(King of the Streets) It pays 13k to the winner, it happens at NLR in Indiana. They do it 2x a yr and the only rules are SS suspension and a 28x10.5 tire. I think your car would do quite well.

Quick Reply: 25.3 Outlaw Drag Radial Camaro Build