Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

25.3 Outlaw Drag Radial Camaro Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010 | 11:59 PM
8 Second Club

Eddie,
What kind of rear end set up are you planning on going with?
Old 12-07-2010 | 02:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by COOKIE MONSTER
Eddie,
What kind of rear end set up are you planning on going with?
The rear end housing came from Mid West Chassis. He builds really nice high quality parts and I would say anyone wanting a custom part for the price should really look into his products.

www.midwestchassis.com

The rear will be a Chrome-Moly Full Fab style housing. It has all Strange parts like 40 spline gun drilled axles with lightened hubs, lightweight spool and Pro Series 2 floating rotors with duel caliper and the lightweight aluminum center section. I will most likely have 3.40 gears in it.

As soon as we get it all fitted up I will post some pictures of it.
Old 12-07-2010 | 05:00 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Eddie Krawiec
The rear end housing came from Mid West Chassis. He builds really nice high quality parts and I would say anyone wanting a custom part for the price should really look into his products.

www.midwestchassis.com

The rear will be a Chrome-Moly Full Fab style housing. It has all Strange parts like 40 spline gun drilled axles with lightened hubs, lightweight spool and Pro Series 2 floating rotors with duel caliper and the lightweight aluminum center section. I will most likely have 3.40 gears in it.

As soon as we get it all fitted up I will post some pictures of it.
Sounds like a similar setup I have.
Eric is good to go. I purchased my fabbed 9" from him about 3 years ago, 40 spline, pro nodular CS, lightning/gun, full spool never looked back.
Old 12-09-2010 | 08:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

what kind of compression ratio are you putting in your motor?
Old 12-09-2010 | 01:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Fireball
what kind of compression ratio are you putting in your motor?
Well it will not be 8.5:1 range. I will leave all the motor details for the Magazine story. I will let everyone know the details next week on what one etc... I want to make sure everyone has a reason to read the story. It will be a very detailed 4-6 deal page story on the motor build. That is why I haven't given out any details really on it. I will update everyone soon. Thanks
Old 12-09-2010 | 02:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Eddie Krawiec
Well it will not be 8.5:1 range. I will leave all the motor details for the Magazine story. I will let everyone know the details next week on what one etc... I want to make sure everyone has a reason to read the story. It will be a very detailed 4-6 deal page story on the motor build. That is why I haven't given out any details really on it. I will update everyone soon. Thanks
Based on what you gave us already along with the pictures of the pistons, I have a reasonable guess what it'll be anyway
Old 12-09-2010 | 05:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Fireball
Based on what you gave us already along with the pictures of the pistons, I have a reasonable guess what it'll be anyway
Take it. It will not hurt
Old 12-09-2010 | 06:45 PM
Race your car!

10.5ish to 1
Old 12-11-2010 | 05:19 PM
Launching!

Well

I just wanted everyone to let everyone know that the entire motor build will be in a spring issue of Super Chevy Magazine. We are not sure of the issue date but it will be a detailed story and have the dyno results in it. I will let everyone the date when I have it.

Last edited by Eddie Krawiec; 12-11-2010 at 08:44 PM.
Old 12-11-2010 | 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

the magazine need's a title like THE CHOOSEN ONE or THE GOLDEN CHILD or KING KRAWIEC.
Old 12-11-2010 | 08:52 PM
Launching!

I really found out that I have ton of interest in the results of not just the motor but the build of the car after attending the IMIS show in Indy and the PRI show in Orlando. I couldn't believe how many people knew about the car. I got stopped by many vendors and people who knew who I was just to say they have been following it on here. I really haven't updated many other forums like I have this one but it really shows how many people watch the chat boards.

I hopefully soon will be announcing a few magazines that will cover some of the build of or will be running a feature of the build. Thanks for everyone's support. EK

Last edited by Eddie Krawiec; 12-11-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 12-12-2010 | 09:53 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Glad to be on board with this project for sure... there's no doubt you are one who does it right the first time. Looks like I'll be attending some races in 2011 with you and some others!
Old 12-15-2010 | 08:26 PM
Launching!

I couldn't wait but I will get more stuff up in the next week or so. But here it is.

440ci of pure sex !!!!!

I just want to say thanks to all the people supporting this build. It is all just starting to come together.

DMC Racing
Billy Briggs / Motor City Speed
Mid West Chassis
Mickey Thompson Wheels and Tires
Mike Moran Motorsports
Performance Inductions / Mast Motorsports
ATI Performance Products
Jesel Custom Shop
Marcella Manifolds
Carrillo Rods
CP Pistons
CV Products
Xceldyne Valves
PSI Springs
Winberg Crankshafts
Dailey Engineering
RHS
Weston Machine
Weldon Fuel Systems
Swain Tech Coatings
JRI Shocks
Mac Fab Beadlocks
KOOKS Custom Headers
Old 12-15-2010 | 08:52 PM
10 Second Club

O man that motor Cant wait to see pics of the rear, and the whole car finish and then see it at the track next year. I wish I could afford to built something simialar, Keep up the work.
Old 12-15-2010 | 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

holy crap, eddie she is beautiful...........
and im diggin the steam lines.
Old 12-16-2010 | 08:48 AM
TECH Senior Member
10 Year Member20 Year Member

Nice looking build Eddie.

That engine should make some serious snot.
Old 12-16-2010 | 09:03 AM
TECH Senior Member
10 Year Member20 Year Member

And I agree with you on the selection of steel rods. I mean, aluminum or Ti stuff is saved for the items that really need to spin fairly high RPM wise. I know you used pro-stock for example but you can cut a lot of that rotational mass out with an Aluminum counterpart. It is nice not having to worry about any rod stretch or other tolerance issues after a season worth of abuse either with the carrillo rod. Are you using Carrillo SPS rod bolts as well? The winberg crank looks absolutely gorgeous by the way. Love using their components.

It is not like your fairly long stroked application is going to be hitting 9,000 rpm or turning over 5400 feet per minute (Although those IHRA Pro Stock guys love pushing those limits/piston rings)

How do you like those JRI Shocks? I have only dealt with Santhuff primarily and have success with them.

Last edited by BigBronco; 12-16-2010 at 09:08 AM.
Old 12-16-2010 | 09:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BigBronco
And I agree with you on the selection of steel rods. I mean, aluminum or Ti stuff is saved for the items that really need to spin fairly high RPM wise. I know you used pro-stock for example but you can cut a lot of that rotational mass out with an Aluminum counterpart. It is nice not having to worry about any rod stretch or other tolerance issues after a season worth of abuse either with the carrillo rod. Are you using Carrillo SPS rod bolts as well? The winberg crank looks absolutely gorgeous by the way. Love using their components.

It is not like your fairly long stroked application is going to be hitting 9,000 rpm or turning over 5400 feet per minute (Although those IHRA Pro Stock guys love pushing those limits/piston rings)

How do you like those JRI Shocks? I have only dealt with Santhuff primarily and have success with them.
The rods I think will a smart choice in the end. They will work fine and have a longer life then other choice.

This motor should be at about 9000 RPM through the traps if I run the big turbo it. I don't think 9000-9200 will cause any issues but I really don't think it will be their that often.

As for the JRI shocks. These things are really really nice. I think they are just as good or better then Santhuff stuff. In most cases it is the valving that is in the shock and the person tuning it that will make it look good or bad.

If you ever wanted some let me know. I can get you a good deal on them.

Thanks
Old 12-16-2010 | 02:43 PM
TECH Junkie

sweet baby jesus.....................
my jaw is on the floor
Old 12-20-2010 | 11:18 AM
On The Tree

badazz!!!

Quick Reply: 25.3 Outlaw Drag Radial Camaro Build