Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

25.3 Outlaw Drag Radial Camaro Build

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010 | 10:41 AM
Launching!

When we started this build my oringal intent was to build it and try and play around with the 315 Radials. Now with the 275 looking like such a great class the car is being set-up for 275 stuff.

I know a lot of people will say that 440ci motor will not work with a smaller turbo but the combo I did I feel will support it. I will be starting out with the 106mm that I have for the car and will be hoping to make it to the Feb ORTC race. Out in the Mid-West all the classes will allow me to run the bigger turbo, but I will mess around with a 88mm to see if I can go the ET's needed then maybe I will run some of X275 stuff if I have time.

I really can't wait. This thing should be a fun car.
Old 11-26-2010 | 10:57 AM
11 Second Club

awesome build man! And nothing but top notch stuff. best in the biz. Very nice man!
Old 11-26-2010 | 11:00 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Eddie Krawiec
When we started this build my oringal intent was to build it and try and play around with the 315 Radials. Now with the 275 looking like such a great class the car is being set-up for 275 stuff.

I know a lot of people will say that 440ci motor will not work with a smaller turbo but the combo I did I feel will support it. I will be starting out with the 106mm that I have for the car and will be hoping to make it to the Feb ORTC race. Out in the Mid-West all the classes will allow me to run the bigger turbo, but I will mess around with a 88mm to see if I can go the ET's needed then maybe I will run some of X275 stuff if I have time.

Come get some of this nitrous motor in X275 !

LOL ! Hope to see you out somewhere next year Eddie.
Old 11-26-2010 | 12:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ATVracr
Come get some of this nitrous motor in X275 !

LOL ! Hope to see you out somewhere next year Eddie.
DAM!! I'm already getting called out by you NOS Junkies.

Careful what you wish for. When I'm done with you the only way you would be able to laugh is if you take a hit of that NOS yourself. LOL

But being more serious I just hope to have it done sometime in Feb of 2011. You and I both know how long things take. I really thought the motor would have been done in September and it's just being buttoned up next week.

We needed for all the final chassis stuff to be done like placement, headers, charge tubes and all the little BS that goes with it.

We hope this thing will be on the Dyno in 2 weeks. I only hope so then it will be off to DMC Racing to get fitted in the car. Then this thing will get moving faster.
Old 11-27-2010 | 12:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Looking good, i might have to take a ride over to DMC to check it out
Old 11-27-2010 | 12:18 AM
Teching In

Really nice build there EK. I was building something similar - engine combo and just switched it up a 'lil. We'll see if I made the right choice! Look forward to lining-up against you in Feb '11 at SGMP!

-Neal
Old 11-28-2010 | 02:54 PM
10 Second Club

Car is coming out great, really like the way the front end came out and the 275 class is looking to be great
Old 11-28-2010 | 07:08 PM
10 Second Club

I't looking good Eddie. I hope you guys get it lined out quickly and putting down good numbers right out of the gate.

Congrats on the final season win and the new record.....
Old 11-29-2010 | 01:41 PM
TECH Addict

Nice car. We know all about he ls motor wait game ...LOL Hope to see you in feb in GA.
Old 11-30-2010 | 11:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

nice wanna trade! lol
Old 11-30-2010 | 07:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SIC LSX
nice wannatrade! lol
I'll think about it. How many bedrooms and baths is it.
Old 12-01-2010 | 12:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Lmao 3 bd 2br 1700sqft lol
Old 12-01-2010 | 04:06 PM
7 Second Club

Did the recent change in rules for the feb race make you feel mighty nice?
Old 12-01-2010 | 06:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Phil99vette
Did the recent change in rules for the feb race make you feel mighty nice?
The main reason I feel that 275 might be a great option is you will not have to kill your stuff and not have to tear things up to be up front. I do feel a single can go someplace in the .50's but that will be on kill. I only started with a single since it can race any place out here. So I will stick with it and may go to a smaller one if it opens more chances to race or I just put twins and try to run with some of the big dogs.

Also Indy will be doing some stuff next year so I will just wait and see what happens here. I might just end up running my Billet 106 all the time. It will all come down to the tune up as we all know. I plan on using the big turbo to play around for a little bit before I really see what I will do.

We both know it is a bitch to run with a BB with Twins in the outlaw stuff. I would love to see some rules that give singles a weight break that is more then a 100lb less then twins. Then maybe the package would be woth going after.
Old 12-01-2010 | 06:59 PM
7 Second Club

The main reason I feel that 275 might be a great option is you will not have to kill your stuff and not have to tear things up to be up front. I do feel a single can go someplace in the .50's but that will be on kill. I only started with a single since it can race any place out here. So I will stick with it and may go to a smaller one if it opens more chances to race or I just put twins and try to run with some of the big dogs.

Also Indy will be doing some stuff next year so I will just wait and see what happens here. I might just end up running my Billet 106 all the time. It will all come down to the tune up as we all know. I plan on using the big turbo to play around for a little bit before I really see what I will do.

We both know it is a bitch to run with a BB with Twins in the outlaw stuff. I would love to see some rules that give singles a weight break that is more then a 100lb less then twins. Then maybe the package would be woth going after.
We're on the same page with the 275 tire stuff but I bet its just as tight and hard to get there. Its going to be interesting to see how your big motor works with a 88mm turbo, alot of guys have talked about it but no real world data in competition.

I was happy that they cut the twins to GT47/88s and the weights are pretty damn close to having a pretty even field. I dont think its going to be as hard on the motor as your thinking if you get the car to 3100#. A Billet 106 will fairly easily go into the 50s at 3100# if the tuneup is right. 30-32# of boost + a 1.18 60' would work out to a 4.5x with a motor like yours. We've done all of our testing on a Billet 106 and honestly its a strong piece, not really sure why more guys dont use it. I think for a couple years it was easier to upgrade than to work on it.

I talked with John a few days ago and he is having the same issues... does he run ODR, Extreme 275 or X275? I do think we could run with the BBTT in outlaw @ 2850 which is about a weeks worth of work to get it on a diet.
Old 12-02-2010 | 08:30 PM
Launching!

I really would like to see where all the rules go over this winter. So much talk on the 275 stuff but I really don't know what is going to happen.

All I can say is no matter what they all do no one will be happy. I would love to see the Outlaw Radial class give a single SB set up a nice break and give us a shot.

My plan is to try and get this thing down to 2800lb or less with me in it. That would be a 2600lb car race ready. Now I really can't say if it can be done but I'm getting lot's of parts in carbon or trying to save every little place I can. I guess when it hits a scale in Jan I will know if it can be done.
Old 12-02-2010 | 09:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

build is looking good.
what Kmember and that setup are you going with?
Old 12-02-2010 | 11:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by studderin
build is looking good.
what Kmember and that setup are you going with?
He went with a MWC front end, some pics a page or two back.

Looks awesome, subscribing.
Old 12-03-2010 | 10:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

yeah studdern ya going to want to know the same thing i want. I want to know if this lower a arm and spindle will work on bmr k-members

Next are some chassis things.

Eric from Mid-West Chassis made a killer front end for the car. The fit and finish of this thing is top notch. It bolted right in the car without any type of pulling or pushing of parts. Anyone needing a fron end should really check his stuff out. I also have a Fab rear end that will be going into the car that is also really a top notch part. Here is a few pictures of the front end. I will put some rear shots in a few weeks once it is all bolted in and final fit.

Old 12-03-2010 | 11:53 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

I can build the setup to work with just about anybody's k-member, but the option of stock brakes won't happen. doesn't make much sense to spend the money on these parts when you will get better gains out of the Strange brakes for the cost.

lets put this stuff in another thread if we'd like to discuss the parts or options instead of using Eddie's build thread. I'd also be more than happy to talk tech or pricing with anyone via phone or emails as well.

Quick Reply: 25.3 Outlaw Drag Radial Camaro Build