Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chained down

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 07:56 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NC98Z
I've noticed that some of the faster cars with front aftermarket shocks and springs are using a small chain to limit the amount of travel(front end lift) when taking off.. Can somebody explain why you would want to do this?
The front coil springs have "Stored energy" in them when compressed. By limiting the travel of the shock, it will keep the springs from releasing ALL the energy thus controlling wheelstanding...
Old 12-02-2010, 09:07 AM
7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ATVracr
We pulled the tranny out last week to send the converter back to chance and found that the case was broken from putting it up on the bumper in Ga.
Nothing like going 177mph with a broken tranny case (2 bolts holding it in)

I think the reason this motor is has such a small window right now is because the converter is still 1,000 rpm or more to loose. When we can get one tight enough I think it will widen our susp. window and tighten the nitrous tuning window up a little.

Good luck to you guys ... Some of the 275 guys make it look easy, it aint !!

Thanks to MADMAN for his help !!
\

your right a tighter converter will help you control the power more instead of it flipping the HP on like a switch....

the motor plates and mid plate will end up helping the longevity and probably help you put a little more torque to the tire... Febuary is giong to be interresting for x275. there are several people who i think have a good chance at winning, you included.

Quick Reply: Chained down