Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-body rear suspension tech info

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 10:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-body rear suspension tech info

Ok guys this is my situation. I am starting to get into suspension and traction issues because car can't get hooked with nitrous engaged. My question is Can a Transmission mounted Adj. torque arm be any where near as effective as the Torque arm relocation job? Also is there any difference between the two units as far as handling goes? I don't mind sacraficing a litte traction or launch caracteristics for handling. I am going with LCA reloction brackets. I allready have boxed Controll arms and adj. panhard bar. So really I am just trying to make a decision on what type of torque arm set up to go with. Can any of you guys help me out here. Kinda give my your experience with one or both of them? This is first for me. I am familiar with the oldschool leaf spring suspension and this torque arm set up is all new.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:42 AM
On The Tree

Both will help your traction problems but the main bonus for me on the short torque arm is to tAke the abuse off the tail shaft once you start gettin in the 1.6 or below 60' that's when the tailshaft starts gettin alot of stress luckily on mine my clam mount broke before my tailshaft did but since you already stated nitrous runs no decision in my book short torque arm all the way You will be glad you did later on
Old 11-27-2010, 06:43 PM
I write checks with my mouth that my ass can't cash

i have heard of a few tailshafts breaking because of tranny mt.ed torque arms. i pulled a few 1.5s with the stock torque arm but thats as far as im pushing it, my next mod will be the short arm body mount because the last thing i want to do is take out my rebuilt transmission
Old 11-27-2010, 07:17 PM
On The Tree

Well that pretty much answered my question.

Quick Reply: F-body rear suspension tech info