Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wolfe Cage fit with Race seats??

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Wolfe Cage fit with Race seats??

Hey guys, I ordered a wolfe 6pt bolt in cage, and im trying to figure out if my Cobra Suzuka Pro Fixed back seat is going to fit.

Right now, the left leg bolster is so wide, that its 1/4" from touching the part of the door panel that you would pull on when closing the door. Im getting kinda worried that it might not fit.

does anyone have some drag/road racing seats installed with a wolfe? Id love to see some pics if you do. Thanks!
Old 01-03-2011, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

you can see here how the corner of the STOCK seat is about 1-2 inches away from the door panel.

thats the only pic i could find, but since my seat tapers up in width from the floor, i cant tell from this picture how low that bar is compared to the corner of the seat
Old 01-03-2011, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

and this is my seat
Old 01-03-2011, 01:17 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well if you think about it you have a 1 3/4 inch diameter bar that is going to be there. if you only have a 1/4 of an inch I dont think it is going to fit. the bar goes right through the middle part of the armrest so that is where your least clearance will be. good luck.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camscam02
well if you think about it you have a 1 3/4 inch diameter bar that is going to be there. if you only have a 1/4 of an inch I dont think it is going to fit. the bar goes right through the middle part of the armrest so that is where your least clearance will be. good luck.
well it is only that wide at the pull handle, the seat also tapers in toward the back so the is more room in the middle of the armrest. Anyone have a picture from inside the car of the door bar with the door closed?
Old 01-03-2011, 03:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My door bars are pushing against the top corners of both lower seat cushions. It looks like the picture you have posted above and the bar is touching the seat.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I got kirkeys to be safe on this. But you might what to post this in that other section? appearance, interiors? ? or whatever that ricer section isI know ther some threads about sport seats like that, and more guys might run that style.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

this is what my wolfe has if this helps at all? I know I had to bend my kirkey a little. Like take some of the little outward bend the last 1 1/2 has, if you see it in the bar alum seat pics. (this is just sitting ther on the floor, No brackets
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...n/IMG_3226.jpg

Its gona be reallllly tight on that seat. I wouldnt buy them unless you test fit one or somthing.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...n/IMG_3264.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...n/IMG_3271.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...n/DSC02608.jpg

stock seat, when I had the bolt in 6point
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...n/IMG_2732.jpg
Old 01-03-2011, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

okay, see where the shawdow is on the drivers armrest? My seat gets close ONLY right there. the seat is a couple inches from the armrest everywhere else. The seat tapers in toward the base a lot, so i think it may be okay. This pic helped a lot.

Any chance you have a closer picture but from the same angle? i want to figure out how many inches down the bar is from that shawdow on the armrest. maybe you could guess for me? that maybe looks like 4 inches down in the picture?
Old 01-03-2011, 09:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

well thats kinda a bad pic. thats when I was adjusting the seat with the fixed brakets. see up the doorbar more. thats getting the seat over the studs on the floor, and woth the seat more forward. its tight it was rubbing the tape off, that seat is .080 alum. about the edges have a 3/8ish rolled lip. I know my stock cloth seat I had to push over the studs, and the door bar was pushing into the foam maybe 3/4 inch. like post 2. If that oither seat is fiberglass there not much you can do. I can get some more pics later then week, but I don't think its gonna help you much.

if you have thouse seats already Im sure there somone close to you with a Wolfe in there camaro you can test fit the seat in. maybe try that.