Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Earl's Swivel Seal Fittings - how to clean the hose out of the cutter for reuse??

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 02:00 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Angry Earl's Swivel Seal Fittings - how to clean the hose out of the cutter for reuse??

I've got about 200$ worth of Earl's swivel seal fittings that are used. I took them apart so I could reuse them and noticed that the rubber hose is stuck down in the cutter on almost all of them and it aint coming out easy. I called some tech line for Earl's fittings and the guy I talked to said he didn't know how to get them apart or clean them out. He asked some of the other people there and they didn't help either. Did a search and came up with nothing.

So, to ask the question I also ruined a -12 90* so yall could see what I'm talking about. Below are two pictures of the stuck rubber hose in the cutter and a pic of where I ground the hex down and was able to tap the retainer pin out (it goes all the way around).

While taking the fitting all the way apart like this does solve the problem of getting the rubber out, it also ruins the fitting so that is gay.

What can I do? This is really going to **** me off if I can't reuse these.

Old 01-08-2011, 02:37 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Does nobody else have this problem? Could I be doing something wrong on assembly/disassembly?
Old 01-09-2011, 10:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Burn the rubber out?
Old 01-09-2011, 12:18 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I have small picks that I've used for this , but in the future stick with Russel hose ends and even the Summit Brand hose ends. I've had Earls leak more then once.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:28 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

The cheap summit ones I've used have never leaked as well... it's one of those things, they don't quite look as nice, but they don't leak... which to me.. I'd rather not deal with one leaking.

Quick Reply: Earl's Swivel Seal Fittings - how to clean the hose out of the cutter for reuse??