Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger Air Bag cover - Screws, Zeus, or Velcro

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011 | 07:01 PM
11 Second Club

Default Passenger Air Bag cover - Screws, Zeus, or Velcro

I'm wanting to spend a little time on the interior of my new drag car. The previous owner had the MSD box under the passenger side air bag cover, and to remove the cover he used 4 pan head screws. This is functional, but I want to make it look a little better.

What are you guys doing? I was thinking about making some alum brackets or something and going with zues fittings or maybe even velcro.

I want to make it look clean, but don't want it coming loose if that makes sense.

What are you guys doing?
Attached Thumbnails Passenger Air Bag cover - Screws, Zeus, or Velcro-camp_1006_13_o-1999_chevrolet_camaro-.jpg  
Old 01-11-2011 | 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

When I race wire it im going to make a panel to fit under it really nice and clean for all my fuses and relays, ill either use standard dzus fasteners or the ones with the ***** on top so you dont need a tool.
Old 01-11-2011 | 08:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MrElectric03
When I race wire it im going to make a panel to fit under it really nice and clean for all my fuses and relays, ill either use standard dzus fasteners or the ones with the ***** on top so you dont need a tool.

Thats a good idea. So your talking about working on the area under the cover and making a nice platform to mount your fuses and relays. Very cool.

I need to take the cover off and see whats under there to get an idea of what I need to do.

I like the zeus or **** idea.. but was also thinking velcro if it would hold and look right.
Old 01-11-2011 | 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea once I race wire it and delete the fuse panels under the hood and under the dash. I want to find some simple straight up and down fuse blocks then ill label them too.

Quick Reply: Passenger Air Bag cover - Screws, Zeus, or Velcro