New build

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 07:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 09-26-2011, 08:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hey man. You can kinda see in the pic where its hitting. I got the outer tub cut out and made a little room but I didnt realize how big the 315 tires are. I think I need to do mine like Timmy P did and just put a full size tub in it. It sucks but I'm not going to happy if I dont. This race is killer http://www.racesgmp.com/schedule-dra...tail.da?id=313 check it out!!! later
Old 09-26-2011, 04:56 PM
TECH Regular

Hey Dennis, were looking from the back of the car forwards correct??? Is what it looks to me like.... is I know BMR do it. The guards have a radious problem when fitting 28 or 30 which is what im thinking of clearencing for. Mine touched on the body side so I trimmed and banged the bodywork back and I cut the bumper back on the inside to clear the 28 tires. Is what BMR do is adjust the whole diff further back in the arch this corrects the front body side. Ok then since you have removed all the tin work behind the bumper you can pull the bar back further at the bottom to further corret the radious. This further corrects an allignment issue with the springs in the stock location. As it pulls them more straight up, better for drag racing, these cars tires arent set up in the center of the tub from factory, did you notice when you did your tubs??

Hope it makes sense. Im going to dummy my back end in again in a couple of weeks when I finish the lowercontroll arms. So I can show you what I mean if it sounds stupid.

Thanks for the link, I will check it out. Keep up the good work, catch ya.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:10 PM
TECH Regular

Sorry man.. slight error in what I said before. It doesnt correct the factory spring location, it allows you to correct it. You could also go to the bmr site and check out there fbody project car. You can then see it for yourself. Catch ya.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks man I understand what your saying. I tried to adjust them out but no luck. I guess I put the tubs in wrong or something not sure. I'm off for a few days after tomorrow I'm going to mess with it more. Thanks!!!
Old 09-28-2011, 05:07 PM
TECH Regular

Hey Dennis, when you say adjust them out... you mean like an inch or too. Right, it may be easier to use your 10 inch so you can see where you are better in the wheel well. I understand it seems alot to move it back, you should have enough lenght in the heim joints, I also hope that you have no tailshaft ordered yet right.... You will need to lengthen it to get you where you need to be. BMR did.

I havent got much done this week... been mucking around with my Aussie car!!But I did get a kirky seat yesterday for my junk, I will have to get the mounts from wolf. Did they bolt to the seat, or do you weld them??

Good luck, catch ya.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey Robb. I moved it about as much as I could no luck. After a few calls to Burkhart and some thinking I'm going to take it to him. Just let him fix it wright and be done with it!! I got my seat mounts for Racecraft and they bolted up! I did get my windshield mostly done!!! I think it looks pretty good!! Later
Old 09-30-2011, 03:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Old 09-30-2011, 03:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Old 09-30-2011, 05:38 PM
On The Tree

Looking Good. My car is on hold for a little bit. Ive been in the process of moving. Hope to get back to it in a few weeks
Old 09-30-2011, 05:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well that stinks! But you have a bad *** ride to keep you busy!!! The tub thing is all your fault by the way!!!! After seeing yours and my little problem I just wanted to keep up with the Joneses.....or the Timmy P's..Haha!! Later
Old 09-30-2011, 07:16 PM
TECH Regular

Good call... taking it to Burkhart!!!! The boys will sort it out, once and for all. The windshield is looking good, nice job!! It also looks like you have been doing some pannel work on the pass door, and you have brakelines, you have been busy.
Thanks for the sgmp link, see the difference.... man you guys run some catagories!!! Looks like a great day.
I havent done much on my junk... my aussie car required alot more work to run the new engine, man the last combo made a mess of things!!!!
Its nearly all good... but had to re do half the carand re gear the 9inch after dyno kays!!! Not to happy!!!
I will get some things done on my junk this weekend, as it's a long weekend here with a holiday monday.
Catch ya.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks Robb! I think a trip to Burkhart is the way to go... LONG way from my house but its all good. What kind of Aussie car do you have? Have any pics? Later
Old 09-30-2011, 11:34 PM
TECH Regular

Hey man, I have a 1985 factory 5ltr Holden VK Calais wagon. Very rare. It's a sentlementle car for me, and has seen to many builds over the years to remember. I dont have any pics on the computer anymore, as I bought a new computer when my other one crashed. Wish I had some pics, I back things up now on a hard disk.
I will get some up soon with the new build. The engine will be finished very soon and will be the nastiest yet. This car will be the recipiant of the wipple, the engine combo should be good for 800hp. It has the best of everything that money can buy. 355 cubes of holden fuel injected 5 ltr, fully cnc ported alloy heads flowing 750 hp NA. Billet crank, 8.2- 1 comp, four bolt mains, half grout filled block big $$$. The supercharger has been upgraded to run 12 pound on this engine fully intercooled with the front mount.
It was planned to be ready for the 1st oct, but the engine builders are abit behind. It is a toy for me, more a show car. I will keep you updated when it goes on the engine dyno.

Burhart is a big trip hey... u could cut them out yourself?? Unless your going to move things around suspension wise, save the $$$.
Catch ya.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Old 10-01-2011, 04:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sweet!! I have all ways liked wagons. I would like to have a caprice wagon myself. Dont know why just like them. I could try to put them in but I pretty much suck at it. Burkhart is also going to fix the shock/spring mounts and the panhard bar bracket. I hate to do it. Going to set me back a little on the motor but I think it will turn out better and im not in any hurry so no big deal. Later
Old 10-01-2011, 05:50 PM
TECH Regular

The winshield looks awsome Dennis!!! Yeah I like wagon as they're different..... and at around 1500 kgs it is quite lite in stock form. I didnt realise how much of my life I lost, when I lost my pictures, but I keep looking for pictures of the past and they are lost for life!!!
Im with you man.... if you arent up to the task, pass it on and focus your attention on what you are good at. You will still save $$$$. The boys at burkhart will sort it out, It will cost you.... but it will be right!! Glad to hear that your moving the swaybar and the lower controll arms in... it will honestly gain you probably 2inches!!
You going coilover conversion??? No hurry..... you got it. I think my junk will be my last major project car, Im getting to old for it!!
Anyway keep up the good work man, I hope to get a bit done on my junk today!! Catch ya.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks man!! I think it looks ok. Not much to report. Getting the car ready for the trip to Burkhart on Monday!!! Have a list of stuff for them to do. Not looking forward to the trip. Later!
Old 10-05-2011, 11:52 PM
TECH Regular

Hey dennis, how you taking your car to burkharts.... trailer??? What you getting them to do... Are you taking time off to get the car there??? Your right if it's a long trip... it's going to be a pain to do the trip twice. Atleast when you pick the car up you will have something good to look forward too!!! Catch ya.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hey Robb. Its going to be 12 hours each way. Going to get tubs put in it. Also fix the shock/spring mounts. Parachute mount and a few other small things. I'm looking forward to getting this stuff done so I can get the car painted!! Going to take it on a open trailer. Later

Quick Reply: New build