Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moroso DS2 on bogarts on DA STREETZ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 01:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 00blacka4
Just curious what tires were you running on yours?
It's not mine it's a car I'm working on for a friend. Moroso DS2's front and MT ET street radials on the back.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:40 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

There's a good reason that I sold mine off my car before they cracked.....

I told you in the PM's I sent you, and I am going to tell you again. It's your car/life, I would ABSOLUTELY NOT, IN ANY WAY IN HELL DRIVE ON THE STREET WITH A BOGART, OR A DS2 TIRE.

Period, end of discussion. Buy a cheap set of convo rims to drive around on if you must have a skinny/slick type street setup. Those bogarts have absolutely no business on the street. EVERY ONE OF MINE WAS STRAITENED AT ONE POINT... AND THEY GOT BENT FROM INSTALLING TIRES ON THEM!!!! If they bend doing that, I don't know how you expect them to NOT bend from driving on anything other then a smooth, strait dragstrip.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:53 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ dude suck it.....im just saying i think that the sideload of cornering is way harder on them than just stopping and applying pressure down....i mean if cars can rip wheelies and come down on them how would stopping be any harder on them
Such hostility.
You'll be sucking that steering wheel when u crash into that guardrail.
Let us know how it tastes.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:54 AM
Race your car!

^^ That's pretty good. Almost sig worthy
Old 04-06-2011, 08:28 AM
I write checks with my mouth that my ass can't cash

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
There's a good reason that I sold mine off my car before they cracked.....

I told you in the PM's I sent you, and I am going to tell you again. It's your car/life, I would ABSOLUTELY NOT, IN ANY WAY IN HELL DRIVE ON THE STREET WITH A BOGART, OR A DS2 TIRE.

Period, end of discussion. Buy a cheap set of convo rims to drive around on if you must have a skinny/slick type street setup. Those bogarts have absolutely no business on the street. EVERY ONE OF MINE WAS STRAITENED AT ONE POINT... AND THEY GOT BENT FROM INSTALLING TIRES ON THEM!!!! If they bend doing that, I don't know how you expect them to NOT bend from driving on anything other then a smooth, strait dragstrip.

well im probably going to have to find something else....maybe billit specialties...but the guy from SJM said they use a 500 series thickness and bogarts are 600 series so he doesent get why people say the billits are stronger....? anyone have any info on this
Old 04-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Race your car!

I can't tell you that. I just know, as a previous bogart owner, that I would NOT RUN THEM ON THE STREET.

The only "race" wheel that I have seen to date that I would use, is a convo pro. They are substantially stronger, and a little heavier then the lighter race wheels you're talking about.

I'd also venture to guess... that if you put a wheel like that on your car, and swapped to a bogart, billet specialty wheel whatever, I bet that at the track you wouldn't see 1/2 the difference that you "think" you will.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Just get the Billet Specialties. They also make an f-body specific rear so there will be grinding on the rear brakes and very minimal grinding on the front with the 1.625 backspace front. Plus they are wayyyyy cheaper in price.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:18 PM

thanks for all the help and opinions guys....basically the reason i wanted the bogarts is because they were suposed to be the lightest and i have talked **** to alot of high horsepower cars to race come this summer....haha so im kinda trying to get the max out of every single little thing i change
Old 04-07-2011, 08:56 AM
Race your car!

i have talked **** to alot of high horsepower cars to race come this summer

This is all you needed to say.

You'd be better off spending some $ on making some power... these wheels aren't going to be your savior.....

I hope you don't race for money... it sounds like your mouth wrote some checks that your *** isn't gonna be able to cash.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:40 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
This is all you needed to say.
I hope you don't race for money... it sounds like your mouth wrote some checks that your *** isn't gonna be able to cash.
that's gotta be the quote of the month.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Race your car!

This kid must have came strait out of honda land.... he's got a bad case of ricer thinking.... wheels aren't gonna make your junk fast.

There's another for ya
Old 04-07-2011, 09:46 AM

really ? pretty sure ill be okay....my car works on the street awesome my buddy acctually had a video of me pulling the left front 16 on the concrete we race on. This is a Stock internal car and will be for a long time...going for 10s should be around 11.2 11.3 with the current setup....And JL you know as well as i do you always perfect everything...you get the lightest...best you can, and thats what makes the difference...

And yes races are for money but i mean common a bolt on, 100 shot, 4.10 mach 1...the dude makes like 400 horse and 500ft.lbs but that aint ****, i think your thinking of alot different "high horsepower" car than i am trying to say.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:49 AM

ya JL i guess ur right i have a piece of ****...i mean 11.7 with a 3375 raceweight and no suspension is pretty much junk....thought you were pretty cool but guess ur just gunna sit here and bash me because i like maxing my setup...
Old 04-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Race your car!

In that case you're still playing with the children.

Yeah, a 100 shot. You have absolutely no clue man. Everyone around here runs on a "100 shot" Then you see them pull the pill out and the hole in the jet is big enough to stick your dick in....

You think anyone you're racing is telling you the whole deal about what they have... be ready to lose your $. Stock internal car, it better weigh about 2200 lbs if you want to go playing with cars that have nitrous on them.... because you aren't racing a car with a 100 shot. That might be the first of 3 stages

You have alot to learn. The lightest rims aren't going to do you any justice... only thing that's going to do, is insure that you will be replacing one of them sooner or later. Go buy yourself a set of convo's, deal with them being a little heavier and put a decent tire on not a damn DS2 that's meant for 2800 lb cars that see no street use... and just accept the fact that it's got to weigh a little more becuase you want to drive it around.

As for winning races... gut the dash put a 15 lb bottle up underneath there with a remove bottle opener and an electric heater... put the ga. unside the center console and bury it in some crap, same with the wiring, and have nitrou dave do you a money maker intake.... and pill it for at least 200.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Race your car!

ya JL i guess ur right i have a piece of ****...i mean 11.7 with a 3375 raceweight and no suspension is pretty much junk....thought you were pretty cool but guess ur just gunna sit here and bash me because i like maxing my setup...

Get a clue..... I'm going to tell you that putting parts on your car that are meant for race cars only have NO business on the street, and when they fail, and you kill someone or yourself becasue of it... you're not going to be coming on here and having anyone tell you it was a good idea.

And you are talking about street racing stuff... which you apparently have very little knowledge of and are likly going to lose alot of your $ if you don't wake up and realize it.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:01 AM

the SI car pretty much takes care of buisness around here....theres really nothing insane i mean thers some 408 strokers....sprayed mach 1s (dude has 100 shot i saw the dyno pull)....and a few cammed cars...but they are all full weight with no suspension and think horsepower is everything....Also 90% of them cant catch traction for **** (and we race from digs)....The mach guy wants to race for 300 dollars...and thats fine if i loose 300 dollars thats worth the risk because i highly doubt it will happen.....As for the bogarts with ds2 ya that might not make **** for difference but if i can 5lbs rotating here...anotehr 10lbs there...another 5 here it adds up to me winning....
Old 04-07-2011, 10:04 AM

and i understand the stuff isint meant for the street thats why i posted this thread in the first place was to get opinions on this...thanks
Old 04-07-2011, 10:07 AM
Race your car!

Dude do what you want. Your $. But when you bend one of these wheels or blow one of the tires out don't come on this site crying about it I'll delete that thread so fast it will make your head spin.

As for the 100 shot dyno pull... if I had a money race I guarintee for the 25 bucks it would cost me to have summit overnight me a couple jets and the 5 minuted it would take to pull a couple degrees of timing out... you better believe I'd be doing it. And anyone else with any clue.. will be doing the same thing. Traction ain't gonna do you **** if you're racing a 1/4 mile on the street and the other guy has 250 hp on ya. Yeah you might get out on him, but he'll roll your *** off the road before you get a 1/4 down.

A smart thing to do for you, would be to race to the 1/8th mile.. if your car hooks like you claim it will take some of the power advantage and throw it out the window for him....

Bring a friend and VHT your lane too, if they don't have anyone there doing it for him that will help your cause alot. I've been around this stuff for a LONG time, I was doing it over 18 years ago, seen alot.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:38 AM
10 Second Club

another 5 here it adds up to me winning....
Charlie Sheen, is that you?
Old 04-07-2011, 12:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Street racing is more game than actually racing. More time is spent in trying to make somebody believe you got less than what you actually have than getting out there and actually racing.

Trust me, I have been doing it a long time also in my Grand National days. "C'mon and race this Regal, it only has 6 cylinders. Look it only has 6 spark plugs! Gets them every time.

OP: Just get some light wheels for drag racing on your car. Don't put the bogarts on your car. You want to go faster? Spray it harder. I have hooked a H/C/I fbody on a 175 shot out the hole with a little VHT. Bottom line spray the car harder and use some VHT.

Quick Reply: Moroso DS2 on bogarts on DA STREETZ?